37 67.27%
  • Not yet.

3 5.45%
  • No

5 9.09%
  • I don't know

10 18.18%

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Efren Carrillo arrested on Prowling and Burglary charges!!!!

Holy sh*t! This is real!

EFREN ARRESTED!

It gets stranger and stranger...

PD article is here:

Sonoma County Supervisor Efren Carrillo arrested on burglary charge

Arrest in prowling case.

https://local.nixle.com/alert/5032542/

On Saturday July 13, 2013 at approximately 3:40 a.m., the Santa Rosa Police Department received a telephone call regarding a prowler. The victim stated the incident had just occurred at a residence in the area of Stony Point Rd at W. Third St, when the subject attempted to enter her bedroom window. Police officers were immediately dispatched to the residence. While they were responding to the scene, the victim called again and said the subject had knocked at the front door and identified himself as a neighbor before running away.

As police officers were arriving on scene they saw a subject carrying a cellular telephone walking toward them while wearing only underwear and socks. Based on the circumstances of the incident the subject was detained pending further investigation.

While checking the residence, officers found the victim’s bedroom window screen had been torn to the extent that it would allow someone to reach through the screen and partially open window. The victim told officers she was awakened by the sound of her window blinds being moved.

Due to the nature of the offense, a detective from the Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Investigations Team was called out to assist. The detective interviewed the victim who stated the subject is known to her, however their only interactions had been informal neighborhood contacts on several separate occasions over a month ago.

At the conclusion of the investigation the subject was arrested. He was identified as Efren Carrillo, a 32 year old Santa Rosa resident.. He was booked at the Sonoma County Jail on charges of prowling and burglary.

Media inquiries may be directed to Sergeant Terry Anderson at (707) 543-3598.
    Last edited by Barry; 07-22-2013 at 01:26 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 7 members:

3. TopTop #2

Sure hope Carillo can be disempowered before the verdict

It's going to be really hard living around anyone still blindly supporting this player after this very creepy arrest and his true colors now even more glaring.... unless he gets another insider pass like in San Diego. Sure hope there's such a thing as recall on hold pending verdict because of the extreme nature of the charges. Someone who would vote against fluoridation for one thing.

Supervisor Carrillo Arrested On Burglary Charge
    https://www.pressdemocrat.com/articl...urglary-charge

https://local.nixle.com/alert/5032542/

4. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

5. TopTop #3
    Ivers

Re: Efren Carrillo arrested on Prowling and Burglary charges!!!!

I can't believe it. He recently froze the application for a grant for Forestville's Downtown Open Space Park and Bike/Trail Extension. Now it'll probably get sold to a foreign developer. I don't know what he was doing the other night but he certainly has screwed the majority of people in Forestville that worked so hard for the proposed park.
    Must be time to elect him to higher office.

6. Gratitude expressed by 11 members:

7. TopTop #4
    dzerach

Re: Sure hope Carillo can be disempowered before the verdict

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Alexia: View Post
    Sure hope there's such a thing as recall on hold pending verdict because of the extreme nature of the charges. Someone who would vote against fluoridation for one thing.
    I'm not sure I understand you here -- Efren's vote was passionately locked in for approval of the drinking water fluoridation initiative. Without good reason given. Sickened -- continually unnerving -- by what is going on with the frighteningly poor judgment and lack of personal control at county level governance.

8. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

9. TopTop #5
    Valley Oak

Efren Carrillo SUPPORTS fluoridation of our water. This plus his other administrative screw-ups AND his most recent arrest means he has to go!

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/articl...CLES/130229619

10. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

11. TopTop #6

Quote Posted in reply to the post by dzerach: View Post
    I'm not sure I understand you here -- Efren's vote was passionately locked in for approval of the drinking water fluoridation initiative. Without good reason given. Sickened -- continually unnerving -- by what is going on with the frighteningly poor judgment and lack of personal control at county level governance.
    I meant I hope he can be replaced quick based even on the charges, and that it should be someone who is against fluoridation.

Also, the updated PD article said 'friends are trying to get him into rehab". I hope there is a process by which his recent decisions like the Forestville Park one can be nullified based on the fact that someone who needs rehab today has needed it for months and any recent decisions decision affecting the public should be considered biased, impaired and/or incompetent.

12. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

13. TopTop #7
    sebastacat

".....friends are trying to get him into rehab."

You mean his ENABLERS are trying to get him into rehab!

Sebastacat blames them for this mess just as much as he blames Efren himself, for they have been covering up his
    s - - - all along.

I will have more to say about this mess later, but for now, I have just one question:

WHERE DO I SIGN?

14. Gratitude expressed by:

15. TopTop #8
    dzerach

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Alexia: View Post
    I meant I hope he can be replaced quick based even on the charges, and that it should be someone who is against fluoridation.
    Oh, cool -- thank you. I felt like he spoke and acted during the Feb 2013 BoS mtg ( audio only) as if he were passively involved in a mental exercise, as though this issue didnt genuinely apply to his responsibilities -- just gonna vote yes b/c he got personally pissed and he has a vote. Well, if it doesnt apply to most of his voters, then that sup... should not be voting at all! Of course, the county board is not suppose to work in either of those ways (!)...

16. Gratitude expressed by:

17. TopTop #9
    sebastacat

dzerach:

At long last, perhaps we finally now have the reason for his "lack of emotional and mental sobriety" at that
    February Board of Supervisors meeting...

In Sebastacat's opinion, the County of Sonoma and, in particular, the west county deserve SO much better.

Efren, if you have one shred of decency left in you, you will do the honorable thing and resign so that someone more worthy of the office can take your place.

18. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

19. TopTop #10
    Imagery

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sebastacat: View Post
    Efren, if you have one shred of decency left in you, you will do the honorable thing and resign so that someone more worthy of the office can take your place.
    Surely you jest!! He'll get this swept under the rug, and by next election cycle, he'll again run unopposed.
    Last edited by Barry; 07-14-2013 at 01:22 PM.

20. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

21. TopTop #11
    Valley Oak

We can start a drive to ask Carrillo for his resignation. We can collect signatures and one of us can hand it to him personally, preferably with witnesses, in front of a camera, etc. Or we can flood his office, email, mail, fax, letters to the editor, and so on, requesting that Carrillo resign.

We also need to find someone to replace him ASAP. Any names come up? Any former Sups might want to become an interim officeholder for Carrillo's position? Who else ran in the last election?

22. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

23. TopTop #12
    dominus

Yes. Ernie Carpenter.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Edward Mendoza: View Post
    We also need to find someone to replace him ASAP. Any names come up? Any former Sups might want to become an interim officeholder for Carrillo's position? Who else ran in the last election?
    Last edited by Barry; 07-14-2013 at 01:23 PM.

24. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

25. TopTop #13
    dominus

This doesn't look good. In fact, it looks worse than that. It looks bad, very bad and goes way beyond someone with a generic drinking problem which is how it'll be explained away. He's gone into damage control but the damage is done and it's irrevocable.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by dominus: View Post
    Yes. Ernie Carpenter.

26. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

27. TopTop #14
    Valley Oak

How about if we ask Ernie Carpenter and former Santa Rosa City Councilwoman Veronica Jacobi to run or apply for the position? How can we contact them? Any other good names?

How is a Supervisor replaced after he or she resigns? Is there an established protocol for this process?

28. TopTop #15
    mamaj

Efferen is showing how oor tax dollars are hard at work -NOT! I also will never believe he is on our side about Hobbs either. He told me personally, he would help with the injustice of the illegal sale of our family farm 11 yrs. ago-Not! He needs to be fired and his opponent and loyal representative, as well as resident of western Sonoma County,Ernie Carpenter who should have won the last election , take over as our true representative. The only reason Efferen won anyway was due to the amount of money the big developers and winery owners were paying him to win . Ernie Carpenter is the right guy for this position . Time to take action !

29. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

30. TopTop #16
    mamaj

Ernie Carpenter really cares about the wonderful west Sonoma County -he's the man for this position and has more experience - he can step up to the mound and hit a no hitter !

31. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

32. TopTop #17
    tommy

he'll be mortified by this when he sobers up. Underwear & socks? He's usually in a suit & tie... o much for dressing for success. He'll need Zimmerman's lawyer to get him out of this one.

33. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

34. TopTop #18
    sebastacat

Quote Posted in reply to the post by tommy: View Post
    he'll be mortified by this when he sobers up. Underwear & socks? He's usually in a suit & tie... o much for dressing for success. He'll need Zimmerman's lawyer to get him out of this one.
    So true, Tommy....

However, let us not forget that among his groups of "friends" -- no, er, excuse me -- I mean enablers,
    are several prominent lawyers.

35. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

36. TopTop #19
    Valley Oak

CARRILLO MUST RESIGN NOW! Sign the petition here...

This is the LAST straw! Tell Carrillo he has to go and go now. Don't stop telling him until he leaves. Contact him everyday through any or all of the contact info below. Email him. Phone him. Fax him. Picket his office. Write Letter to Editor. PSA. Etc:

Efren Carrillo
    Supervisor District 5 - Board of Supervisors
    County of Sonoma

Work: 707-565-2241
    Work Fax: 707-565-3778

Email: [email protected]

https://supervisors.sonoma-county.org/district5

Board of Supervisors
    575 Administration Drive, Room 100 A
    Santa Rosa California 95403

Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
    SOURCE: https://supervisors.sonoma-county.or...d=1006&id=1015

37. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

38. TopTop #20
    dominus

Re: CARRILLO MUST RESIGN NOW! Demand it. Tell him. Contact info here...

If you want to see Efren Carrillo resign, please sign the petition below. 84 signatures are needed.

https://www.change.org/petitions/sup...sign-now#share

39. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

40. TopTop #21
    Valley Oak

We all need to be at the next Board of Supervisors' meeting to ask Carrillo to resign publicly. Bringing a text with signatures will also help and maybe we can submit it as well. Everyone please make an effort to be at the next Board of Sups meeting to demand Carrillo's immediate resignation.

The next Board of Supervisors' meeting is July 30, 2013 – 8:30 AM.
    County of Sonoma Board of Supervisors
    575 Administration Drive, Room 100 A
    Santa Rosa, CA 95403

For more information please visit the BoS website:
    https://supervisors.sonoma-county.org/

41. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

42. TopTop #22
    sebastacat

Henry....You are correct that it could have turned into attempted rape.

I also think that this situation had the potential to turn into something worse, much worse, given
    the facts that we have been presented thus far. And I shudder to think what would have happened
    if he had made it into that girl's room and she had decided to put up a fight.

Thank God she's all right.

My heart goes out to her, and I hope that she has not been too traumatized by this shocking event.

Sebastacat has been disturbed by this horrible incident all weekend and finds this entire chain of
    events chilling -- just plain chilling.

Enough, I say!

43. Gratitude expressed by:

44. TopTop #23
    dominus

According to the Press Democrat, Chris Adrian will be representing Efren Carrillo. See article. This is the 2nd incident to occur within less than a year. The spin machinery is kicking in to protect Efren's career & those who want a malleable lackey in office. The truth is that people don't strip down to their underpants, go to a neighbor's house at 3:40am, attempt to enter through the window, and then knock on the door announcing they've come for a visit. There are plenty of people who drink and don't behave that way. Efren has an answer for everything but to use alcohol as an excuse isn't taking full responsibility for his actions.

Sonoma County deserves someone with integrity, maturity, and experience. Not this.

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20130715/ARTICLES/130719712?title=Carrillo's-lawyer:-Evidence-doesn't-support-prowling,-burglary

45. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

46. TopTop #24
    Glia

Who bailed Carrillo's sorry ass out of jail this time? Doug Bosco again? Does anyone know for certain?

47. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

48. TopTop #25
    sebastacat

Well said, dominus.....

Yes, the "spin machine" is running at full-throttle. Maybe they should take it to the upcoming Sonoma County Fair and charge for it! Hey, they could use it to pay for the upcoming (and expensive) legal defense!

Seriously, it seems to me that they are now trying to delicately and deliberately "shift" the blame to the victim.
    I have one word for this: DISGUSTING!

Let us not forget the victim who was involved here. Let us all hope and pray that she has not been so traumatized by this terrible incident that it will have a lasting impact on her for the rest of her life.

And, just as important, let us hope that Efren's "handlers" -- no, um -- "friends" -- excuse me -- no, uh, er, ENABLERS will not attempt to intimidate her from testifying at any upcoming judicial proceeding which may occur in this case.

As tax-paying, law-abiding Sonoma County residents, we must DEMAND equal justice for all and NOT just for the rich and powerful, the well-connected and the chosen few.

Sebastacat has been very upset about this entire incident all weekend -- and still is. Between that and the fire which completely destroyed the Frizelle-Enos building and all of its contents, it was indeed a dark weekend for the west county.

Perhaps its time for all of us to do some soul-searching about what kind of people we want to represent us -- and what kind of county we want to live in in the future.

How do you feel? What do you think? Sebastacat would like to know.....

49. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

50. TopTop #26
    dzerach

Efren Carrillo's lawyer: Evidence does not support prowling, burglary
    Bulls*** upon bullsh*** makes for good grow, in any situation, I guess, but you really can put on too much. When did drunkenness become a winning defense? Even w/no proof of drunkenness? But, if drunk, he was automatically without ill intent? -- by definition, apparently. It would be more plausible to argue narcotics or temporary psychotic break. Hopefully, as part of the process of identifying himself at the March 2014 BoS mtg, he'll enter the Administration Building through the door and not a window. Either way, no ill intent, even if there's broken glass all over the floor. Good thing this is only about the "embarrassment" of serial-farting in public. Can't wait to see how Shirlee responds. Probably with a lyrical forgiveness song.

51. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

52. TopTop #27
    jbox

Re: CARRILLO MUST RESIGN NOW! Sign the petition here...

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Edward Mendoza: View Post
    This is the LAST straw! Tell Carrillo he has to go and go now. ...
    Edward,

Is your rationale because you are outraged at Efren's rather stupid behavior or is it just that you disagree with him politically? Did you call for Clinton's resignation because his little head occasionally did the thinking? All the shrill voices here seems like a rush to judgment, we really don't know all the facts yet.

I just can't see him as a burglar or a rapist, no matter how bad this looks, and believe me I think this could be the coup de grace of his political career. I have found him to be accessible, concerned, and a practical politician. On June 30th I e-mailed him about the high river level because I had concern for the 4th celebrations at Monte Rio and he got back to me on Monday morning at 8 AM.

Remember he's only 32. It's a finely tuned high-wire act to be in politics, wouldn't you agree? A little compassion at least for now might be a little progressive.

53. TopTop #28
    peggykarp

Or if unable to come people could email the supervisors at
    https://supervisors.sonoma-county.or....aspx?sid=1001

Personally I can't imagine Carrillo not resigning.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Edward Mendoza;168695[SIZE=3:
    ][/SIZE]We all need to be at the next Board of Supervisors' meeting to ask Carrillo to resign publicly
    Last edited by Barry; 07-16-2013 at 01:46 PM.

54. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

55. TopTop #29
    mamaj

I find it hard to believe Chris Adrian would represent Efren Carrillo in any way. I guess Chris (ex-Grateful Dead lawyer) is this desperate to turn his back on the people he used to believe in.And if he protects Eferen and has charges dropped with only a slap on Efren's hand to keep him in office, then he would truly be a traitor and his reputation as a lawyer will go down the tubes to say the least. Are you really wanting to ruin your career Chris? Seems like it for sure, like the song says, "Hell in a Bucket ". You are representing the wrong person with the wrong ideas for now and the future.....

According to the Press Democrat, Chris Adrian will be representing Efren Carrillo.

56. Gratitude expressed by:

57. TopTop #30
    mamaj

One thing for sure could not have been a girlfriend,unless she is a dumb a#% b#%*#!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Glia: View Post
    Who bailed Carrillo's sorry ass out of jail this time? Doug Bosco again? Does anyone know for certain?

58. Gratitude expressed by: