Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Valet Posting Service
    WaccoBB Valet Posting Service

Mountain Lion spotted near Laguna trail!

From the Sebastopol Police Department:

A citizen reported to Sebastopol Public Works employees that she saw a mountain lion and 2 cubs while she was walking on trails in the Laguna de Santa Rosa on the northeast side of Sebastopol earlier today. The Public Works employees notified the Sebastopol Police of the report.

Police searched the area but did not find the animal or indications one may be in the area. Although there have been no other recent reports of sightings to police, the information is being shared with other regional animal control and wildlife agencies.

As a reminder, mountain lions are dangerous wild animals that can be even more dangerous and aggressive when protecting their young. If you encounter one, you should remain as far away from it as possible and leave the area right away. Notify police as soon as possible with the location and circumstances of the sighting.

(stock photo)
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Shepherd

Re: Mountain Lion spotted near Laguna trail!

Yea! Protect our wildlife. It is very unusual for mountain lions to attack people, unless they are acting like prey, by running, or the lion is protecting its youth from we predator humans. Many more domestic dogs kill people than do mountain lions. We appreciate the mountain lion that sometimes visits us in the Cunningham Marsh.

4. TopTop #3
    Seratonin

RIGHT ON Shepard!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shepherd: View Post
    Yea! Protect our wildlife. It is very unusual for mountain lions to attack people, unless they are acting like prey, by running, or the lion is protecting its youth from we predator humans. Many more domestic dogs kill people than do mountain lions. We appreciate the mountain lion that sometimes visits us in the Cunningham Marsh.

5. TopTop #4
    Fortunecookie

My experience says that people are more dangerous than Mountain Lions. Why do people call police???Why do they go out looking for it? I came face to face with one at spring lake several years ago. I stood my ground and called out several times ...here kitty kitty kitty...( seriously)with no fear at all... it jumped up onto a rock, looked at me and gently walked away very casually. True story.

6. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

7. TopTop #5
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Fortunecookie: View Post
    ... I came face to face with one at spring lake several years ago. I stood my ground and called out several times ...here kitty kitty kitty...( seriously)with no fear at all... it jumped up onto a rock, looked at me and gently walked away very casually. True story.
    Yeah, the ones you see aren't the problem. Most people who've been chewed on were attacked from behind. Still, it seems a silly thing to worry about for us two-leggers. But I wouldn't leave pets outside near the laguna. I'd even worry a bit about my goat. A little bit, maybe, but not too much. There're plenty of varmints for them (ed. the lions, not the goats) to eat this spring.