37 67.27%
  • Not yet.

3 5.45%
  • No

5 9.09%
  • I don't know

10 18.18%

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #151
    sebastacat

Re: Efren Carrillo arrested on Prowling and Burglary charges!!!!

"What woman hasn't been approached by a drunken man?"

Sorry, but I don't believe that that is a common thing nowadays, unless the person doing the approachin'
    wants to get arrested and spend some time in jail.

But for those women who have had to deal with men who are in a drunken stupor, I would agree with you that they have most likely been approached rather than had one cut the window screen and try to crawl through their bedroom window while they were sleeping. At least I certainly hope so!

As for going to the front door and announcing that he was the victim's "neighbor," I have my own
    thoughts as to why he might have done that, but I do not want to engage in speculation or fantasy, as some people who have posted on this and related threads have done.

I guess in the end, we'll just have to agree to disagree. But I will share with you one final thought:
    Had Efren only gone to this unfortunate woman's front door in his socks and undies, I would have laughed and snickered about it for days on end while feeling compassion for the innocent victim all the while.

But when he went and broke her window screen and tried to gain entry into her bedroom before going to the front door and announcing himself, well, sorry, but that was a major game-changer for me. And while Efren and others may wish to continue to blame alcohol and other things for his inappropriate conduct, in the end, the buck stops with one person: Efren.

While I have never had problems with alcohol or substance abuse, I have had a family member who has. It is hell for the family members to go through, and I tell you that as one who has had a ringside seat to one who has experienced its ravages. It will do no good for those around Efren to continue to enable him and make excuses for his conduct, for in doing so, they are giving him a green light to continue his questionable behavior; and as long as that continues, Efren will never change.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

3. TopTop #152
    arthunter

Henry,

At the time that Efren was swinging his fists in San Diego, my life was a total wreck. I am a crime victim and I'll leave it at that. I do have an interest but I am uninformed.

I will say that I do not subscribe to hearsay ... and I've learned this lesson the hard way. Political manipulation does exist and information must be verified. Trust me. If there are verifiable facts about this case that are unknown then they should be made public. You'd be doing your county a favor.

At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, or paranoid, or obsessed, or any other derogatory label that you might throw at me, the San Diego incident could have been easily staged. Here's a man who likes to drink, so get him drunk, throw some trouble at him, call the police and the press ... could happen .... does happen ...

And if you don't think that politicians are manipulated in this way, then you're either very idealistic or very naive ... especially politicians who are fighting for land and water rights ... think, Henry think ... who really controls the resources in our world? ... honest politicians? ... guess again ...

( I will skip the many links to prove my point ... )

or not, ... perhaps he's just an alcoholic politician who prefers booze to the career that he's spent most of his life creating .... that is indeed a possibility ...

and, by the way, I would ask these questions for any man, woman or child who suddenly found themselves on the wrong side of the law ... I would ask these questions for you, Henry .... because it isn't Efren that I'm trying to protect, ... it's justice ...

oh, and I'm a woman, so sorry but bromance is out of the question ... :-)

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Henry Bernard: View Post
    Arthunter,

Have you no interest in "what really happened" in San Diego? We've been informed by an Efren supporter that things didn't go down quite the way they were spun, yet your curiosity seems curiously lacking given your interest in the latest Carrillo indiscretion, one where no one suffered physical harm. The cynic would suggest that your lack of interest illustrates a double standard of demanding the facts just so long as the outcome is, at the least, debatable. When given a scenario where another human being was knocked cold and hospitalized..., well, you do seem tellingly disinterested. Just saying! Wouldn't want to find myself excoriated for suggesting hypocrisy.

Can Mr. Carrillo really do no wrong? All in all, you're beginning to sound a bit bromantic.
    Henry

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #153
    mamaj

Well Bruce of Occidental- I guess your life has been perfect ,not having to turn to local representatives and our legal system for assistance and help for you and your family and to help others. Only to be lied to, or they refuse to care about lower income people who have worked hard all their lives, not making huge salaries. We have children and families we love dearly .We are speaking for their future . I have dealt with Susan Upchurch on several occasions at Carrillos' office. She covers for him well ,he was always unavailable,bailing out of the responsibility of helping the good folks of western Sonoma County. Whenever I had a chance to speak to him person to person in public,Efferen would tell me to call him at his office and he would help. Guessing now he probably had a few drinks in him . Then when I would call him, Susan would always tell me "they" could not help for rediculous reasons ,out of their jurisdiction etc. Whatever the reason,"they" always were unconcerned.Unconcerned even about a horrible real estate /predatory lending scam which my family and I and many other responsible homeowners' became victims of ! This countys' judges and legal system have clearly ignored this devastating experience.It didn't happen to them, and they have other things to do and bigger fish to fry. This crime is not going away, and the victim list is growing and homes and properties are being stolen and sold illegally on the front steps of this countys' Administration building! Oh yes ,almost forgot to mention ,Efferen Carrillo used to be a loan broker. Not all loan brokers' are bad ,it's a grey area . But I betcha some of the real estate "crooks" were big contributors in his elections..... wake up Bruce ,I am just keepin' it real .

Quote Posted in reply to the post by heresbruce: View Post
    Pardon my abrupt crudeness, but I am amazed at the general stupidity, vapidity and ignorance of the people posting here: regarding mamaj's remark, Susan Upchurch, Efren Carrillo's assistant is a person of integrity and morals. As regards mamaj's snarkey comment, it causes me to wonder about her agenda. People are drawing conclusions from a man's behavior (Efren Carrillo) without any neutrality or experience in investigating such behavior, without waiting for people trained to do so to produce their report (and they are human and make mistakes as well). The range of interpretations of what someone "might have done" are so wide, your suspicions and conclusions speak more about you, than the person you are speaking about. How paranoid, judgmental and punitive many of you are! Shame on you! Your hearts to me seem to be empty, cold and lost. Please see if you can find them again. Mr. Carrillo and you deserve better... Bruce of Occidental...

6. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

7. TopTop #154
    arthunter

Many thanks Henry ... for your very sensitive and caring response ...

but I am motivated only by information which I have gathered, as a result of being a victim of crime .... my only point through all of this has been that things are not always what they seem to be ... political manipulation is a reality ... sad but true ... as I've stated before, one only has to do a search using the words "activist and infiltration" to realize the scope of what we face in the political arena ... truth is hard to come by and there is a definite war on for our minds ... media is mostly controlled by money interests and disinformation on the internet is a job description for many .... these are cold, hard facts and not the product of any emotional state ...

I have no doubt that Efren is a broken man, but whether this condition has been caused by internal disability or external sabotage no one can say ... this is the way of the world right now with covert activities influencing those who try to make a difference ... sadly, it's all about money and power, with little thought for humanity or spiritual progress ...

Once again, I will skip the references that point to what I know ... but they are out there ... people are reporting hidden injustice constantly and others are waking up ... I do believe in the goodness of others, I see it every day ... and my heart is in no danger of drying up, as I try to fill it with love and compassion daily ...

Sometimes you just have to call it like you see it, especially in this world of verifiable, contrived BS ... you might be wrong, you might face ridicule, but this is our right as human beings on this planet .... ALL opinions are valuable, not just the ones that we agree with ... end of rant ....

I'll suggest that Mr. Carrillo is a man with enough integrity to realize, if only vaguely, that he doesn't enjoy being the Golden Boy, a man who can't abide being manipulated as a caricature so as to further the aims of particular sponsors. ...

8. Gratitude expressed by:

9. TopTop #155
    Damien

Sonoma County Supe. gets busted in San Diego. Sonoma County citizens get no logical explanation of what went down. Sonoma County Grand Jury makes no attempt to get logical explanation. Sonoma County citizens impacted in both criminal and long term fiscal events. $$$$ Why?

10. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

11. TopTop #156
    Glia

It does seem that young Mr. Carrillo made the Faustian bargain, and part of him is trying to find a way out before the devil (y'all can guess who is playing that role) demands payment.

I'll suggest that Mr. Carrillo is a man with enough integrity to realize, if only vaguely, that he doesn't enjoy being the Golden Boy, a man who can't abide being manipulated as a caricature so as to further the aims of particular sponsors. I suggest that San Diego was a cry for relief, and that the failure to be heard necessitated upping the ante in an attempt to make obvious how unendurable the charade. And no one listened, not the first time, not the second. Imagine the horror for the man if I'm correct.

12. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

13. TopTop #157

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Damien: View Post
    Sonoma County Supe. gets busted in San Diego. Sonoma County citizens get no logical explanation of what went down. Sonoma County Grand Jury makes no attempt to get logical explanation. Sonoma County citizens impacted in both criminal and long term fiscal events. $$$$ Why?
    How many people facing felony assault charges would be allowed to leave the country as he did?

14. Gratitude expressed by:

15. TopTop #158

Arthunter,

In total agreement with your quoting the 6th Amendment. Odd isn't it that Efren's attorney, with E's knowledge of course, has chosen to drag this thing out in the most 'unspeedy' of fashions? Is it odd that he didn't demand the prosecution 'put up or shut up' in bringing charges promptly? Rather he agreed to a continuance, dragging this sordid affair on into the future. One would think that an innocent would be pulling at the bit to prove said innocence. Apparently not, as Mr. Carillo has chosen the 'slow boat to China defense' as a winning strategy.

Cheers, Henry
    Hate to tell you but, it was not up to Efren to set the hearing date, it was the Prosecutor who asked for more time. It worries me though, more time means more chances to spin the truth and buy off victims, etc.

For all of the posters who think it's wrong for us to draw conclusions - isn't Efren's statement of “I realize that my behavior was embarrassing" enough to realize he is not innocent? We may never know his full intent, but it does not take a genius to understand at the very least he is not fit to serve as an elected official.

Check the Wacco poll at the top of this thread, the majority is very clear.

BTW - I don't want his job; just the full truth and complete justice for all harmed by him and his office staff.

16. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

17. TopTop #159

That is very offensive. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mamaj: View Post
    Probably another one of his bimbos on staff

18. Gratitude expressed by:

19. TopTop #160
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mamaj: View Post
    Probably another one of his bimbos on staff
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by tomcat: View Post
    That is very offensive. You should be ashamed of yourself.
    I agree. I was about to move it to the Censored category when heresbruce, arthunter and henry called her on it.

Susan Upchurch may be many things, but "bimbo" certainly isn't one of them. A public apology would be appropriate. Please be respectful should you choose to continue to participate here.

20. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

21. TopTop #161
    arthunter

Thank you, Peace Voyager, for this information ... and thank you for expressing gratitude for two of my other posts .... I'm not saying that you are wrong about any of this because I really do not know the facts ...

But I just want to make a point here .... throughout this discussion I've been talking about "justice" ... and part of "justice" in my book includes the right of the accused to defend himself or herself ... there are always two sides to every story and I think that it's unfair to deny anyone that right ... ( back to the 6th amendment )

Here's an example of what can happen when this principle is ignored ... the following is a purely fictional story which I'm fabricating to make a point ...

Mary and Joe are neighbors. Joe cuts down a tree on the border of their two properties thinking that it's on his land. Mary loved that tree and has now lost important shade in her backyard. She confronts Joe and an argument begins, an argument that can have no resolution because property lines are vague and neither Mary or Joe can afford a land survey.

Mary is so upset that she starts spreading rumors around town about Joe. She tells everyone that he beats his wife. No one has the guts to approach Joe about this but they do start to ignore and harass him. When he tries to get a promotion at his job, he is ignored. When he tries to sell one of his old cars, no one will even come and look at it. He comes out of the supermarket to find a new dent on his car. Garbage is thrown on his lawn and people in the neighborhood won't talk to him, ... he wonders why. Even in church he is shunned.... and no one will tell him anything ... he isn't publicly accused of a crime, it's all behind his back, so he isn't allowed to defend himself ... his happy life in his home town is now over ....

Would anyone on this list want to be accused of wrong-doing without the chance to prepare a defense? Do we not owe that to each other as civil human beings? Would anyone here want to be considered guilty until found innocent? Is there a public way to confront these two with these accusations? because I, for one, would like to hear the response ....

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Peace Voyager: View Post
    A person of integrity and morals does not have an illegal sewer hook-up on her property as Susan Upchurch did in Graton, and then pretend she knew nothing of it.

Then she had the gall to get on the board of the Graton CSD and do everything she could to bring them down; a board that gained control of the waste water treatment system from the SC Water Agency because 80% of the voters wanted it...
    Last edited by Barry; 07-28-2013 at 01:35 PM.

22. TopTop #162
    Farmer Ben

He'll get is day in court of the criminal charges, but court of public opinion seem to be drawing near to a verdict on weather he should resign. No more posting on anything other buy, sell, stuff. Shoot, I'll keep politic/news talk to the face to face, people say whatever behind a keyboard.
    Last edited by Farmer Ben; 07-28-2013 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Still believe what I said; but decided it best keep to myself, no more political post people get angry and disrespectful real quick.

23. TopTop #163
    arthunter

Henry,

Are you joking?

I was responding to Peace Voyager's post about Susan Upchurch and here you go throwing derogatory phrases at me again ... "black ops conspiratorial skullduggery & theyarewatching.com" because I suggest that every person deserves a chance to defend themselves against community criticism? ... once again, are you joking?

Efren will have his day to defend himself, this posting has nothing to do with him .... unfortunately, Susan Upchurch might not ... and that was the point of my post ...

and then you address a post to Barry that reads "Would you please put an end to the character assassination?" ...
    I repeat that request ... Would you please put an end to the character assassination, Henry?

Are we to understand that the woman (Mary) who called 911...
    Please, enough with this 'black ops conspiratorial skullduggery'. Come up with something substantive in support, or let it go. And no, please, no more links to 'theyarewatching.com'. You marginalize yourself in beginning to come across as ridiculous.
    Last edited by Barry; 07-28-2013 at 03:12 PM.

24. TopTop #164
    sebastacat

I must reiterate my earlier opinion that this thread and its related threads have certainly brought some raw emotions to the surface for some west county residents.

I would remind all of you that the west county is facing some HUGE issues right now, such as the Hobbs vineyard conversion, and we must not lose sight of our sense of community and respect for one another.

Accordingly, I will offer the following ditty for your distillation in the hopes that peace among all posters may be at least somewhat achievable:

Let us hope,
    and let us pray,
    that tomorrow will bring us
    a better day.

25. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

26. TopTop #165
    arthunter

Thank you, Henry ... I'll characterize this as a misunderstanding ...

My story was meant to illustrate the dangers of talking behind someone's back without giving that person a chance to defend themselves ... Efren is well aware that we are all talking about him ... his case is very public ...
    I would like to think that I can express my opinion without being insulted in any way ... I've disagreed with many of these posts but I have not resorted to name calling ... you seem like an intelligent, caring man Henry and I can only hope that my debates with you in the future do not require that I don a hard hat ... ( but I'll keep the protective gear nearby, just in case ... )

A
    As you say that you were responding in defense of Upchurch I am chastened and offer my apology.
    Last edited by Barry; 07-28-2013 at 03:14 PM.

27. Gratitude expressed by:

28. TopTop #166
    arthunter

I wanted to thank Peace Voyager for her enlightening post but it has disappeared??? [Colleen deleted it and then reposted it. I moved it to WaccoTalk, here. - Barry] ... Thank you, Colleen, for attempting to share pertinent information, ... thank you also for all that you have done and all that you continue to do ...

Quote Posted in reply to the post by arthunter: View Post
    Thank you, Henry ... I'll characterize this as a misunderstanding ...

29. TopTop #167
    patnicholson
    Supporting Member

so the 5th district at present has no rep on the board and the soonest we can expect that to change is when?

30. Gratitude expressed by:

31. TopTop #168
    arthunter

I have to respond to this, I don't want to, but I have to ...

If I were to base my opinions only on the information that people have shared on this forum, then I would agree with the consensus that he must go ... but I have other potent information to share which colors my viewpoint ...

...Now this is very serious stuff and I'm going out on a limb here, so please keep the name calling to a minimum ...

During the 50s and 60s the government sought to suppress political dissent by putting together a covert program called Cointelpro ... it was ugly and it was aimed at political activists ... the mission was a basic seek and destroy agenda using infiltration, psyops ( psychological operations ) and legal harassment ... you can read about it here ... a lot of our heroes were targeted .... John Lennon, Martin Luther King, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COINTELPRO

It was supposedly exposed and dismantled in 1971, but by all current accounts, it wasn't ... instead, it was refined to include community policing and forced underground, where it continues to this day ... it has now been labeled "gang stalking" and it is world-wide ... this is a website from England explaining the protocol ...

https://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/regions/manchester/2007/04/368861.html?c=on

and if you don't believe me, then I can put you in touch with around 3000 victims of this program who will be happy to enlighten you ... housewives who went up against housing authorities,... veterans who protested against continuing war,... activists who fought corporate interests,.... many, many African-Americans ... many, many single women ... one's an ex-mayoral candidate, one is an emergency room physician ... I'm in contact with most of them and their lives are being destroyed ....they're all being beaten up by a modern day Cointelpro ...

I am one of these people. I was an animal activist and my life has been destroyed. And I will probably pay dearly for this posting so please pay close attention to what I say ....

If you try to expose this program then you are labeled as a "paranoid schizophrenic", or you are framed and incarcerated, or you meet with an accident, or you get suddenly ill, or your relatives get suddenly ill, or you are pushed into bankruptcy .... they do not want this information to get out because the whole thing was supposed to be shut down a long time ago ..... the Patriot Act opened the door for further abuse and privatisation of government security contractors opened the door to widespread corruption ...

This is not paranoia, this is serious, life-threatening BS, ... I am now involved in 3 class action lawsuits and I have copious documentation from many credible people describing my complete lack of mental illness, so please don't even go there ... I also have a petition on-line to the attorney general, among others, that has now been signed by almost 600 other victims ...

https://www.change.org/petitions/attorney-general-kamala-d-harris-investigate-and-prosecute-gang-stalking-in-california-2

Please take all of this information seriously because the perpetrators of this inhumane atrocity are counting on your skepticism so that they can continue with their dirty deeds ... this protocol is actually killing innocent people ... but it's our government, so what else is new ? ...

So this is why I take these ridiculous reports of politicians in their underwear with a grain of salt. I know too much to ever see something as black or white ... it's all government gray ... politicians, activists, the occupy movement, peace and justice groups ... they are all being watched and "corrected" should they step out of line ... we are already living in a fascist country, my friends, and we have been for some time ... our public "land of the free" persona is but a joke ... but, for the first time in decades, awareness is growing and it's all coming out, the silver lining perhaps ... but then, why do you think that they want to interfere with information on the internet?

And if you want to call me a conspiracy theorist, then thank you! ... here's a link about all of the conspiracy theories that were proven to be true, including cointelpro ....

https://www.infowars.com/33-conspira...n-should-know/
    ... So if you have dirt to spill; spill it. But refrain from opinion, offer fact. If you've got junk to turn over, you'll soon enough be a hero. And I say this in all seriousness.
    Last edited by Barry; 07-29-2013 at 01:46 PM.

32. Gratitude expressed by:

33. TopTop #169
    arthunter

Henry,

It would take a whistle-blower to confirm that Efren had been framed and he or she would have to spill the beans from Russia to escape intact. The information that I've provided is extremely relevant though, to this case or any other case involving political interruption,.... and if you can't see that then I will save my energy...

God knows, I have enough battles in my life without convincing you that Efren should be free to defend himself without interference in the form of extrajudicial punishment.... Isn't that what's wrong with this country at the moment? Punishment without trial? Guilty until proven innocent? ... even if he's guilty as charged, who are you to deny him his 6th amendment rights? .... are we back to the lynch mob again? ... let the courts do their job ...

I politely ask that you limit your information to the matter at hand, Mr. Carrillo and his arrest.
    Last edited by Barry; 07-29-2013 at 01:47 PM.

34. TopTop #170
    sebastacat

The police reported that the man (Efren Carrillo), wearing nothing but his undershorts and socks, then goes to the woman's front door, knocks on the door, says that he's her "neighbor," and runs away;

WHY DID EFREN CARRILLO RUN AWAY?

Sebastacat, being the smart cat that he is, has a hunch, but is still waiting for the REAL, TRUTHFUL answer to this question.......
    Last edited by Barry; 07-29-2013 at 01:50 PM.

35. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

36. TopTop #171
    arthunter

Good question, Sebastacat, and I'm sure that the courts will address it ...

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sebastacat: View Post
    I will now ask you this question: WHY DID EFREN CARRILLO RUN AWAY?
    Last edited by Barry; 07-29-2013 at 01:55 PM.

37. Gratitude expressed by:

38. TopTop #172
    arthunter

Henry,

You have no idea what's involved with this case, what Efren was working on, what information he might have uncovered, etc. ... we have a few facts and many guesses, ... yours, mine, and all the rest ... the possibility that he was framed is just one idea out of many, but if this is a possibility, which it is, then Cointelpro protocol would explain the motivation for such an act ....

I'm sorry Rosanne, but I don't buy that a local 'conspiracy' to discredit a relatively minor local politician
    Last edited by Barry; 07-29-2013 at 01:53 PM.

39. TopTop #173
    sebastacat

Arthunter.....

As to your statement that the courts will address this issue (Efren ran away) that may or may not be the case,
    since this case could end with a plea bargain.

However, in Sebastacat's mind, that will be insufficient, as I and others -- as you've probably
    guessed by now from reading the over 200 passionate posts in this one thread alone -- are expecting
    credible answers from our elected county supervisor -- not more silence and evasion like we got following
    the shameful San Diego incident.

And I will continue to speak out and post until we, his constituents, finally get them.
    Last edited by Barry; 07-29-2013 at 01:57 PM.

40. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

41. TopTop #174
    arthunter

You're absolutely right, sebastacat ... an explanation should be offered ... and I support you 100% and hope that you continue to speak out .... that is your right and your duty as a resident of this county ... I only wish that more people shared your passion for local politics ...

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sebastacat: View Post
    And I will continue to speak out and post until we, his constituents, finally get them.
    Last edited by Barry; 07-29-2013 at 01:57 PM.

42. TopTop #175
    arthunter

Thanks for the giggle, Henry ...

Yes, I'm done also ... not sure that I would call this discussion silly, but your last posting did make me laugh .... there's nothing silly about Cointelpro, nothing at all .. it's a serious threat to our first amendment rights and a serious threat to anyone who ventures into the political arena ... enough said ....

By your argument, I might as well consider the Protocols of the Elders of Zion as having some legitimacy in explaining Efren's behavior as the Mormons believe that what we today term as Hispanics originated in ancient Hebrews populating what is now North and South America. Cause, hey, it's all just supposition right?
    Last edited by Barry; 07-29-2013 at 01:58 PM.

43. TopTop #176
    Tinque

Out of curiosity . Was it normal for Mr. Carrillo to be out at night in his underwear knocking on windows and running away? I would think if that was a normal pattern for him , then there could be a possibility of Mr. Carrillo being framed.

So if you have dirt to spill; spill it.

44. Gratitude expressed by:

45. TopTop #177
    Tinque

Arthunter.. I feel for you ...Yes this should be a thread on it's own and I believe that not enough people take this seriously and I can not say enough how everyone should be aware and be supportive of people dealing with this absolute disgusting ???? I can not even find the appropriate word to call it.. It is pure evil , very real and beyond scary.

During the 50s and 60s the government sought to suppress political dissent by putting together a covert program called Cointelpro ... it was ugly and it was aimed at political activists ... the mission was a basic seek and destroy agenda using infiltration, psyops ( psychological operations ) and legal harassment ... you can read about it here ... a lot of our heroes were targeted .... John Lennon, Martin Luther King, etc.

And if you want to call me a conspiracy theorist, then thank you! ... here's a link about all of the conspiracy theories that were proven to be true, including cointelpro ....

https://www.infowars.com/33-conspira...n-should-know/

46. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

47. TopTop #178

"we have a few facts and many guesses"... That pretty much says it all. Most of the "Facts" that we have come from the newspaper.

I've seen stories in the newspaper and later spoke with the people who were interviewed for those stories and they said things like... That's not what I said, or, That's not the way I said it, or, They took that completely out of context, or, I asked them not to print that part.

I'm sure you all have your own stories about being quoted properly.

The point is, the newspaper cannot always be trusted to print the real or complete truth when a story like this breaks. They love sensationalism, and this story just cries out for it! They could have gotten any of the details wrong and missed some important ones.

There is a much better chance to find out the truth (or at least something much closer to it) in a court of law with witnesses giving testimony under oath.

All of our chatter here is just noise... interesting noise, though nothing will come of it.

Carry on

Tom

Henry,

You have no idea what's involved with this case, what Efren was working on, what information he might have uncovered, etc. ... we have a few facts and many guesses, ... yours, mine, and all the rest ... the possibility that he was framed is just one idea out of many, but if this is a possibility, which it is, then Cointelpro protocol would explain the motivation for such an act ....

48. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

49. TopTop #179
    tommy

what are you smoking?

...Now this is very serious stuff and I'm going out on a limb here, so please keep the name calling to a minimum ...

50. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

51. TopTop #180
    Valley Oak

I just got back from the Board of Supervisors' meeting. Today is July 30, 2013.

The meeting started around 8:30am and before 9am, ALL FOUR of the supervisors present STRONGLY CONDEMNED Carrillo's conduct.

Susan Gorin echoed Zane's comments on security for women. Gorin also echoed President Obama's comments on how he has felt the brunt of discrimination by talking about her own personal experiences as a woman, sometimes fearing the sound of footsteps behind her, sometimes looking around her in a restaurant, etc, etc.

Gorin stated emphatically, as other supervisors did, that elected public officeholders MUST BE HELD TO A HIGHER STANDARD. And that Carrillo had violated the security of a person, which is an essential right that we all have. And that Carrillo had violated the security of a woman, with the obvious understanding that women are more vulnerable (precisely because of men like Carrillo). And that Carrillo, being public leader, with all of this piled on top of that fact is absolutely unacceptable. I could go on but I won't. You can read in the Press Democrat's website later today EVERYTHING that the supervisors said this morning and believe me, it is A LOT!
    [The PD article is here. - Barry]

I will be returning this afternoon for the meeting's Public Comment and publicly ask for Carrillo's resignation.

Edward

52. Gratitude expressed by 7 members: