Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    AJL

Concerns about Collabrative Divorce process

If you are considering your process with these people look for someone who has paid them and see if they thought it was worthwhile.
    See if any of them will ever give you a a name of anyone who's been through it.
    You can contact me privately if you want any details of my experience there and I may help you find some other first hand testimonials online.
    $900 per hour meetings where none of the professionals there want anything to be resolved are common.
    And then they'll insist you hire their friends who have joined the CCRE and then the five of them will talk about your case without you at a cost of $1200 per hour. Of course the longer it takes to resolve anything the more money they make.
    If you can collaborate on settling your divorce, you can do it with one mediator and then the family law facilitator finalizing for free.

Quote Collaborative Council of the Redwood Empire presents:
    Divorce Options - What you need to know about divorce
    Saturday, June 8, 9:00am-12:00pm, and every second Saturday of the month through 2013, Santa Rosa

MORE INFO: https://www.collaborativecouncil.org/divorceoptions.html
    Last edited by Barry; 05-31-2013 at 12:09 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    WhirledWords
    Supporting Member

Re: Concerns about Collabrative Divorce process

In my training as a Marriage and Family Therapist I attended a presentation on collaborative divorce and I was impressed by the professional and empathic qualities of the presenters. Collaborative divorce is not for everyone. The cost is high because each member of the couple is supported by their own therapist and legal advocate as well as a mediator. This is not an unusual scenario for couples in divorce and it may be beneficial for all these professionals to be working together towards resolution rather than separately. The professional standards of the participants would guide them in reaching a resolution in as short a period of time as possible, while fulfilling the couples' goals, both legal and personal. The actual cost of a contentious divorce, both financially and emotionally, can be enormous. In such cases collaborative divorce may be economically wise and emotionally supportive.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by AJL: View Post
    If you are considering your process with these people look for someone who has paid them and see if they thought it was worthwhile.
    Last edited by Barry; 05-31-2013 at 01:15 PM.

3. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

4. TopTop #3
    AJL

Re: Concerns about Collabrative Divorce process

They do a great sales pitch and if you pay their dues and get aligned with their cabal, you can probably make good money as a collaborative consultant.
    I'd be happy to go over the minutes from my experience there which they prepare at the end of every meeting for the reasonable hourly rate of $325/hour and if anyone on the team talks to the team about anything on the minutes it suddenly costs you $900/hour to talk about what was talked about and the clients aren't even allowed to be included in the conversation.
    As a therapist, you can bill your client for reading emails between the attorneys and they regularly bill for time spent comparing calendars with other people setting up the next meeting, while people explain what they are busy doing on any given day and time that prevents them scheduling.
    And there are absolutely no penalties if one person decides not to do what they agreed to do in the meeting.
    The lawyers do not have to abide by any standards. Dogs are allowed in the meetings and you can't usually bring your dog into county court so that might make it all worthwhile to some people.
    Also, if there is any contentiousness or hesitation to be communicative on either parties side, an impartial judge, mediator or arbitrator is much more efficient and economical than a collaborative team. For example, one party can simply stop coming to meetings or even scheduling them without even giving any reason. Or an hour of meeting time can be spent talking about how a person looks or uses their eyes during the meeting.
    Once you sign up for the collaborative process, you give the team a blank check to do pretty much anything they want while you pay for it. Definitely a great deal for anyone on the team.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by WhirledWords: View Post
    In my training as a Marriage and Family Therapist I attended a presentation on collaborative divorce and I was impressed by the professional and empathic qualities of the presenters. Collaborative divorce is not for everyone. The cost is high because each member of the couple is supported by their own therapist and legal advocate as well as a mediator.