I'll miss you Cheesie, and so will Zoe, your beloved dog, and her daily walks with you in Ragle Park.

It was only Thursday, February 28th that we hugged goodbye and you were so happy. I waved to you through my window, and I had no idea that you would pass away a mere fourteen hours later. I wish I could have been there to tell you to go to the hospital, but this time the warning signs for your heart weren't strong enough, and so Mother Nature took you in your sleep.

I want to make sure your doctors were treating your AFib correctly. And now, I can't find out if your heart stent was defective, and for that I am really hurting because you have become ashes. You had a good many years left to live and I want to know "why" you passed. Everyone keeps reiterating to me that you had heart problems and that you can't come back and not to concern myself with "how" you passed, but to let you rest... as if I cannot or didn't know this reality, even in my grief. But we talked about your AFib many times, and I know you would have taken care of the problem. I say, if a human being loses his/her life prematurely to a defective medical device or improper medical care, then does it NOT matter that you are gone?!!! The situation merits scrutiny. It was YOUR LIFE that ended, not theirs! I feel like I am the only advocate for you. I knew you well and you would have wanted me to find out the cause of your passing. I've lost my voice for you.

But alas, we talked about where we'd go when we passed. Now you're there, and I miss you very much, but I know you're okay and NOT alone. I take great comfort that we could talk about these things, because I know how good you are with all of it. Best of all, you got to pass in your sleep, just the way you had imagined. High five Cheesie!

You've been a wonderful friend and a gentleman to me; always kind and positive and a joy to be around. Thank you for showing me how not to sweat the small stuff. You were never negative around me or about life, ever. I'll miss our philosophical conversations on life and beyond, because there was always so much to share. :-)

Please enjoy your newly expanded universe, as your carbon based body joins with the rest of the carbon in the universe... just like we talked about many times. Now you are all knowing, free and full of the greatness of LOVE!

BIG love and hugs your way! I miss you and I'll never forget you. I love you. I cry. I'm in disbelief and grieving, but you're all-ways with me everywhere my dear, dear friend. I look for you everywhere.

Jennifer