Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

Vetrinary Help PLEASE

I just responded to a user who kindly asked how we were doing. I told them things are not good but may be looking up. Now My precious doxie Lido can't pee. I looked online and it seems to be an emergency and I have no way to pay for a vet. Do you know any Vet that will trade for some kind of work or take very low payments. I have no way to pay for this Please any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Update
    I took him to Animal Hospital of Sebastopol. I was able to borrow $200 from a friend and they worked with me to keep the bill at that mark. He has a blatter stone. They drained his overly full bladder and gave him a special prescription diet and antibiotics and told me to hope and pray this works or he will need surgery. Please join me in hoping and praying, because I don't have the money for that.
    Last edited by Shari Lee; 02-21-2013 at 06:03 PM. Reason: UPDATE
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    AliciaJuana

Re: Vetrinary Help PLEASE

Greetings shariandmike,
    This just might be a bit of useful information for you. I've had cats forever, and at times my male cats have gotten cystitis (crystalized urine & blocked urethra). This used to come from a preservative that was in dry cat food ~ I don't believe it is used anymore.

Anyway, one of my male cats was recently straining to urinate and quite bloated. Carumba! My quick research suggested using a very small amount (like 1/16 of a teaspoon, just a pinch) of ascorbic acid in something he would consume. I put the medicine in a small amount of yeast water & he lapped it up.
    Then I waited, and lo and behold the blockage was removed and he urinated and his full bladder emptied. It was like magic! Check it out! Not sure but I'm guessing it could be advantageous for canines as well. Good Luck!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by shariandmike: View Post
    I just responded to a user who kindly asked how we were doing. I told them things are not good but may be looking up. Now My precious doxie Lido can't pee. I looked online and it seems to be an emergency and I have no way to pay for a vet. Do you know any Vet that will trade for some kind of work or take very low payments. I have no way to pay for this Please any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Update
    I took him to Animal Hospital of Sebastopol. I was able to borrow $200 from a friend and they worked with me to keep the bill at that mark. He has a blatter stone. They drained his overly full bladder and gave him a special prescription diet and antibiotics and told me to hope and pray this works or he will need surgery. Please join me in hoping and praying, because I don't have the money for that.

3. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

4. TopTop #3
    cosmiccorn

Re: Vetrinary Help PLEASE

Quote Posted in reply to the post by shariandmike: View Post
    Update
    I took him to Animal Hospital of Sebastopol. I was able to borrow $200 from a friend and they worked with me to keep the bill at that mark. He has a blatter stone. They drained his overly full bladder and gave him a special prescription diet and antibiotics and told me to hope and pray this works or he will need surgery. Please join me in hoping and praying, because I don't have the money for that..
    I have used Card Credit when I had vet bills that were larger than I could afford on a one time payment plan. Also consider checking out veterinarian Richard Pitcairn's book (you can get it at the library) on Healthy Pets for useful advice. I trust and hope all goes well for your beloved Lido. May it be. Also, I have found Animal Hospital of Sebastopol to be very competent. Mainstream mostly, but very competent.
    Last edited by Barry; 02-23-2013 at 01:10 PM.