Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: Dummy Alert
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    theindependenteye

Dummy Alert

A word of warnng to Sebastopol drivers: there are dummies along Bodega Rd. coming into town. Not intending any disrespect to dummies. Just sayin’.

This morning, driving just past the Burbank farm, we came close to colliding with a skateboarder coasting down the edge of the road. It was bright sun, he was in shade, wearing dark jacket and pants, and he wouldn’t have been aware that he came near death because he was faced in toward the curb. Similar experience recently with a cyclist: high-contrast shade and sun, dark clothing, near miss.

We’re very careful drivers, don’t stay tight to the curb, and fully respect the rights of cyclists, skateboarders, joggers, and refugees crawling along the highway. But if you’re in that category, please do be aware that (a) visibility is compromised by sun against shadow, (b) light-colored jackets add sparkle to the day, and (c) you’re well advised at least to be aware when a huge hunk of metal is about to whiz past.

I’d rather not have your sailing corpse in my nightmares for the next ten years, and I don’t think you’d really want to be there.

Nevertheless respectful of all rights—
    Conrad

ps - Another time would be more appropriate to discuss the drivers angrily tailgating us in the 25 mph zone. That would more properly be designated "asshole alert."
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: