Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    visibilityshift

Beautiful, nature loving woman looking for man on the land

Looking for a guy who can keep me warm and dry in the post peak oil financial meltdown

If things get really rough, I'm looking for a man who can help me stay warm and survive the rigors of a total economic collapse.

Geeks are out (unless they're handy with tools) as computer programming isn't going to be much needed in a meltdown.

Forget stockbrokers, fnancial managers, venture capitalists, accountants and bankers.

And real estate agents and mortgage brokers are going to be useless.

Born rich? Trust fund babies and people who are living off their investments and stock portfolios are freaking out now, because their finances are not "liquid" -- and many of these men have gotten soft and decadent, and have few real world skills to boot.

Massage therapists, yoga teachers and musicians are especially unappealing in times like this--unless you're looking to be rubbed, flexed and serenaded while the world crashes down around you.

Yeah baby, I want a man who can build me a bomb shelter in the apocalypse.

I want a man who can grow a Victory garden. Climb a coconut tree. And live off the land.

I want a nature loving handy man.

A contractor, a plumber, a gardener, oh yeah. Auto mechanics are probably a good bet right now, as are doctors, EMTs, fire fighters and men who know how to get a generator running or -- or any man who is already self sufficient and living off the grid.

Indoor farmers -- hey, not a bad idea. They have a green thumb.

Guys, you'll probably want a woman who isn't afraid of spiders, not one of those high maintainence lipstick and heels girls -- or a gal with some real skills like a seamstress or a chef.

And if a girl has been relying on hair dye, botox and Collagen for her good looks, you may be in for a rude awakening when all that chemical magic wears off and she starts to look like a pumpkin again.

What do you think? Are handy guys and practical girls suddenly hot?

By the way, I am 50, look 29 from the neck down (very fit and thin many years yoga practitioner and healthy lifestyle, mostly vegetarian for 12 years now)... I have a permaculture certificate and am great with plants. I don't fold up easily and have tolerated ten years of building domes and surviving sandstorms at Burning Man. Spiritually conscious, gentle and rather quiet, I like reading, crafting, cooking, and giving a massage or taking a long bath. I love Sebastopol and the North Coast, but would consider rural land on Maui or the Big Island too.

How about you?
    Last edited by Barry; 01-29-2013 at 10:21 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Beautiful, nature loving woman looking for man on the land

This is a great post, but I notice, via the link you supplied, tha it was first posted on another site in 2009. What's your relationship to this post, Giselle? Did you write it? Did you not write it but non-the-less applies to you as well? Or???

And btw, I take exception to the presumption that digital skills won't be important "in a meltdown". I'm guessing the internet will continue to exist and connecting people via it will be even more important!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by visibilityshift: View Post
    Looking for a guy who can keep me warm and dry in the post peak oil financial meltdown

If things get really rough, I'm looking for a man who can help me stay warm and survive the rigors of a total economic collapse.

Geeks are out (unless they're handy with tools) as computer programming isn't going to be much needed in a meltdown.

Forget stockbrokers, fnancial managers, venture capitalists, accountants and bankers.

And real estate agents and mortgage brokers are going to be useless.

Born rich? Trust fund babies and people who are living off their investments and stock portfolios are freaking out now, because their finances are not "liquid" -- and many of these men have gotten soft and decadent, and have few real world skills to boot.

Massage therapists, yoga teachers and musicians are especially unappealing in times like this--unless you're looking to be rubbed, flexed and serenaded while the world crashes down around you.

Yeah baby, I want a man who can build me a bomb shelter in the apocalypse.

I want a man who can grow a Victory garden. Climb a coconut tree. And live off the land.

I want a nature loving handy man.

A contractor, a plumber, a gardener, oh yeah. Auto mechanics are probably a good bet right now, as are doctors, EMTs, fire fighters and men who know how to get a generator running or -- or any man who is already self sufficient and living off the grid.

Indoor farmers -- hey, not a bad idea. They have a green thumb.

Guys, you'll probably want a woman who isn't afraid of spiders, not one of those high maintainence lipstick and heels girls -- or a gal with some real skills like a seamstress or a chef.

And if a girl has been relying on hair dye, botox and Collagen for her good looks, you may be in for a rude awakening when all that chemical magic wears off and she starts to look like a pumpkin again.

What do you think? Are handy guys and practical girls suddenly hot?

By the way, I am 50, look 29 from the neck down (very fit and thin many years yoga practitioner and healthy lifestyle, mostly vegetarian for 12 years now)... I have a permaculture certificate and am great with plants. I don't fold up easily and have tolerated ten years of building domes and surviving sandstorms at Burning Man. Spiritually conscious, gentle and rather quiet, I like reading, crafting, cooking, and giving a massage or taking a long bath. I love Sebastopol and the North Coast, but would consider rural land on Maui or the Big Island too.

How about you?
    Last edited by Barry; 12-02-2012 at 04:37 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by: