Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    dzerach

Tracking the real turkeys / crimewatch tool for sonoma county

The PD has a good article in their online edition today about a somewhat real-time --- but fully available to the public --- crime monitoring tool for sonoma county. How to stay informed about reported crimes in your neighborhood or elsewhere. Looks like not a lot of communities provide this opportunity? I hope they choose to enter feeds DAILY and keep it up to date WITH EVERYTHING, otherwise it's mediocre as a neighborhood watch tool !

"...The Sonoma County Sheriff's Office this month joined the Santa Rosa Police Department in uploading daily crime reports onto the map, called RAIDS Online."

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/articl...=1&tc=pg&tc=ar

The tool is here:

https://sonomasheriff.org/pr_raidsonline.php

If anyone doesn't like to try to do anything that seems new on a computer, I'm offering some instructions below with a helpful intent. Otherwise, just disregard the rest of this, please.

It takes a minute to load. Then, If you want to continue, you'll have to accept their disclaimer by clicking on the light-colored "continue" button that pops up at the center of the screen.

Enter a complete address -- or intersection. Colored symbols appear on the city map. To translate, open up the crime types box at the bottom left.

At the upper left portion of the screen, click on the tab that says, "Data Grid." You'll see helpful details regarding each crime, including the distance from your address.

To sign up for updates in your email, look for the link at upper center that says, "Sign up for crime alerts." Click that box and enter your info, selecting some choices as well, including the distance out from your address that you wish to be emailed about any crime incidents.

To receive my updates, I chose to enter an intersection near my elder relative -- instead of an exact address -- because it looks like that will work also.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by: