Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    La.Sereniti

County Clerk is accepting public comment on CVS/Chase - send email NOW

County Clerk is accepting public comment on CVS/Chase

Send an email now... including previous comments, if you don't think it was properly recorded.
    This will go on public record!

You have until 4:30pm today if you want it to be in the packets that she is copying.

Public comment will be taken after that if you write it and/or bring it to the meeting tonight.

Email it to : [email protected]

The meeting location and time tonight (Tuesday) to personally submit comments:
    6pm
    Sebastopol City Council meeting
    Sebastopol Community and Cultural Center
    390 Morris Street Sebastopol, CA 95472

Remember.... stand on the side of opposition, quietly... It is going to be a zoo. (AGAIN.)
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    La.Sereniti

Re: County Clerk is accepting public comment on CVS/Chase - send email NOW

To the community of Sebastopol,

Notice that public comment was being accepted and the process to do so was not widely communicated.

I believe that if enough people were told where exactly when and how to send comment, so that it may be part of public record, more people would express their opinion. Further some people are afraid to voice their opinion for fear of damaging relationships with the Pellini's or others related to this project.

For the benefit of ALL concerned, I WANT TO EMPHASIZE THIS FOR THE RECORD:

The issue regarding the CVS/Chase development proposal is not personal. We understand some people denying the development proposal for CVS/Chase may result in a few people not benefiting as much as they otherwise would, if this went forward. That is going to disappoint some people.

Please remember, "IT IS ABOUT THE ISSUES, NOT THE PEOPLE." Let's remember to be kind with those we disagree with and focus on the issues that are in the best interest of the people of Sebastopol and it's FUTURE. Often people let emotions get involved during a disagreement. We can learn a great deal from each other, by listening to opposing points of view. Take a deep breath and consider these words... It will make us all feel better.

Overwhelmingly, the people of Sebastopol are very much against 2 MEGA-CORPORATIONS having center stage in Sebastopol, California.

1) It is a massive cultural misfit. This town is filled with progressive, independent thinking people.... And many small businesses. People live here for the culture... MEGA-CORPORATIONS threaten the very character of our core, downtown.

2) MEGA-CORPORATIONS take profit out of the local community. Only a mega-corporation can offer a price of $20 million (and expect to extract that from us in profits.)

3) The trend on the whole is that MEGA-CORPORATIONS create minimum wage jobs and expand into other sectors to extract more profit from the community. For example, look at Target's move into the grocery sector. This applies to other services such as computer repair, photo development, copy service, car repair, etc. Such control over the core of our downtown community is very threatening to many business owners.

4) No traffic study has been done. How in the world did they get so far without doing that???! Remember the fire that shut down Highway 12 for several hours in June?---- HIGHWAY 12 IS THE MAIN EGRESS AND INGRESS FOR DOWNTOWN SEBASTOPOL ((AND)) THE SURROUNDING AREAS.

I would be more articulate about my perspective, but time is short, so this will have to do.

I urge you please for the future of this community, please consider the wealth being extracted from the community, the impact on traffic, and the destruction of something far less tangible, which is the unique culture of this small town.

A wise boss told me many years ago, don't come to me with a problem and tell me why it doesn't work. Tell me what you have considered to fix the problem.

I will be speaking with people to offer alternatives to develop that area in a way that is congruent with the culture of Sebastopol... because I love this community and it's culture that much.

Thank you very much for your consideration and effort on this project.

~* Sereniti
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

3. Gratitude expressed by: