Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    manilisette11

West County Garden Wedding Venue

Hello,
    I've been searching for wedding venues for the last few months. I've seen a lot of places in Sonoma, Healdsburg, Napa, and one in Hopland-favorite venue, but to expensive and to far away. There have been a few that might work, but most are just expensive for what they offer. I'm looking for a private, outdoor space to hold a wedding with about 100 guests for next summer. Blooming organic gardens, open grassy areas, Eco-concious, ability to play amplified music, low site fees, and located in Sonoma County is what I'm looking for. Why is there such a lack of venues in the west county area? Our budget is flexible, but I'm also very conservative with my spending and cant even imagine spending what the average couple spends on weddings these days. Although, I'm realizing that it might not be possible to have a 'cheap' Sonoma County wedding... I guess if its the perfect spot, I'd be willing to pay the $$$$$

Here is a list of places I've gone to already. I am happy to give more info on any of those places if needed. The first few are my favorites, and might end up being my venue.
    Thanks for your responses!

DaVero's Olive Ranch Property, Campvida, Westerbeke Ranch Retreat Center, Healdsburg Country Gardens, The Garden Pavilion, Richards Grove at Saralee Vineyards, Quivira winery, Redwood Hill Gardens, Farmstead and Long Meadow Ranch, Cornerstone, B.R Cohn , Beltane Ranch House, Atwood Ranch, Mayacamas Ranch, Rancho Wikiup and Barndiva. We are still going to look at , Sonoma Secret Gardens, Kenwood Farm and Gardens, The Robertson House, and a few others...
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Ann Onimus

Re: West County Garden Wedding

You should try West Sonoma Inn or Boon in Guerneville...both are sweet spots and not that expensive...or potentially for the venue...Osmosis? I don't know if they do special events, but they have an incredible garden...there is also Korbel winery...but probably more on the high side. Good luck!

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    meherc
    Supporting member

Isis Oasis (don't know if they rent for weddings) and that Rose Garden place, the name of which I don't know but it's in Bodega Bay, just as the road curves away from the sea, kind of up a hill. I could show you where it is but hard for me to describe. Well, that was vaguely helpful. Sorry I can't remember the details. I had my wedding in someone's backyard (about 100 guests). Maybe Jenner Inn?

I was married back in 1990 but we brought the whole thing in for about $500, including food, flowers and me buying a gorgeous princess big poufy dress and veil. I'm thrifty. Good luck.

Maybe some rich person's estate could be rented , as long as you're willing to do the work. Hit up the board of directors of rich charities. Be nice.
    Last edited by Barry; 07-14-2012 at 06:10 PM.

6. TopTop #4
    Donna LaGraffe

Have you looked at Sova Gardens, Dawn Ranch Lodge, Russian River Vineyards, Oak Knoll Manor or the Vine Hill House?

7. Gratitude expressed by:

8. TopTop #5
    FatKatmom

Oh my goodness - you haven't come to see me -
    Try:
    Rocker Oysterfellers in Valley Ford 707-876-1983
    Fernando's Bed and Breakfast - Bodega 707-876-1920
    Jenner Inn in Jenner 707-865-2377
    Just a START
    fkm

Quote Posted in reply to the post by manilisette11: View Post
    Hello,
    I've been searching for wedding venues for the last few months...
    Last edited by Barry; 07-14-2012 at 06:11 PM.

9. TopTop #6
    Kate Fenton

It's Compass Rose Gardens in Bodega Bay.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by meherc: View Post
    Isis Oasis (don't know if they rent for weddings) and that Rose Garden place, the name of which I don't know but it's in Bodega Bay, just as the road curves away from the sea, kind of up a hill. I could show you where it is but hard for me to describe. Well, that was vaguely helpful. Sorry I can't remember the details. I had my wedding in someone's backyard (about 100 guests). Maybe Jenner Inn?

I was married back in 1990 but we brought the whole thing in for about $500, including food, flowers and me buying a gorgeous princess big poufy dress and veil. I'm thrifty. Good luck.

Maybe some rich person's estate could be rented , as long as you're willing to do the work. Hit up the board of directors of rich charities. Be nice.

10. TopTop #7
    manilisette11

Thanks everyone for the replies. I have seen most that have been suggested. We decided not to take a gamble with the fog so OceanSong and Compass Gardens are out, along with most most coastal venues. We live in Guerneville, under redwoods, so the redwood venues do not appeal to me. While they are beautiful, living under them is a different story. So trying to find a venue without fog, redwoods and vines everywhere is a very high demand in Sonoma county I know since those are all the things its famous for, but I am optimistic that we will find the right spot.

Went to look at Casa de Flores yesterday. Joe is awesome and the space is beautiful, although it does have a bunch of redwoods in the center of the garden, it doesn't take over the rest of the space and provides a nice natural shade all around the lawns. Might not work for us since he has a maxout at 80 guests and we are still trying to get our guest list under 120. We were there at 4 and the fog was ripping in and freezing!!

We have a few more places to see and I will post info about those spots. Hoping that by the end of the month we will have our venue!

Thanks waccobb community for your posts and support :)
    Last edited by Barry; 07-16-2012 at 05:27 PM.

11. Gratitude expressed by:

12. TopTop #8
    FatKatmom

Another thot - try the Union Hotel in Occidental - they have 5 Vacation rentals - with a beautiful space for weddings up in the redwoods in Occidental. Holds more than enough people.
    Check with Barbara Gonella 707-874-1398
    Fatkatmom
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by manilisette11: View Post
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I have seen most that have been suggested. We decided not to take a gamble with the fog so OceanSong and Compass Gardens are out, along with most most coastal venues. We live in Guerneville, under redwoods, so the redwood venues do not appeal to me. While they are beautiful, living under them is a different story. So trying to find a venue without fog, redwoods and vines everywhere is a very high demand in Sonoma county I know since those are all the things its famous for, but I am optimistic that we will find the right spot.
    Went to look at Casa de Flores yesterday. Joe is awesome and the space is beautiful, although it does have a bunch of redwoods in the center of the garden, it doesn't take over the rest of the space and provides a nice natural shade all around the lawns. Might not work for us since he has a maxout at 80 guests and we are still trying to get our guest list under 120. We were there at 4 and the fog was ripping in and freezing!!
    We have a few more places to see and I will post info about those spots. Hoping that by the end of the month we will have our venue!
    Thanks waccobb community for your posts and support :)

13. Gratitude expressed by:

14. TopTop #9
    busyb555

Re: West County Garden Wedding Venue

I live at 3027 Gravenstein Hwy N. The main house has been upgraded and is available to be rented out for events and weddings. It even has a water feature for use for such an event. The house sleeps 10, the outdoor kitchen would offer a great angel on the food, and the grounds are open and beautiful. Let me know if you want to see the space.

Bruce

15. TopTop #10
    lovebird

Hi Bruce,
    I happened to stumble upon your post, so I hope it's okay that I reply.
    I am in the same boat, and we hope to get married next August in the area (outdoors) with 75-90 guests.
    I would be interested in seeing the space.
    Do you have any photos available?
    Have you held many weddings in the past?
    Please let me know of your rate and any restrictions i.e. time, music, guests, alcohol.
    I hope to hear back soon!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by busyb555: View Post
    I live at 3027 Gravenstein Hwy N. The main house has been upgraded and is available to be rented out for events and weddings. It even has a water feature for use for such an event. The house sleeps 10, the outdoor kitchen would offer a great angel on the food, and the grounds are open and beautiful. Let me know if you want to see the space.

Bruce

16. Gratitude expressed by:

17. TopTop #11
    Bryan

We get asked a lot for outdoor venues , both here at the club and in Sonoma at the wine shop.
    We do host wedding receptions and rehearsal dinners, so we are also looking
    for the same information to give out.

We also send folks to look at Casa de Flores on Hwy 12, between Sebastopol and Forestville.
    Beautiful gardens, views. they showed us space for outdoor weddings and more.
    https://www.casafloressonoma.com/

In terms of west county venues in general, there is also Sova gardens on Hwy 116. plenty of space, big kitchen -

https://www.sovagardens.com/

hope this helps.

18. Gratitude expressed by:

19. TopTop #12
    navgal

Compass Rose Gardens in Bodega Bay is a spectacular venue.
    Last edited by Barry; 07-20-2012 at 06:19 PM.

20. Gratitude expressed by:

21. TopTop #13
    Terri J

Quote Posted in reply to the post by navgal: View Post
    Compass Rose Gardens in Bodega Bay is a spectacular venue.
    How rustic, or upscale, are your looking for? We have had some very fun weddings and big parties (and even a memorial service) at our place on 10 acres outside of Graton . We built a big stage under the oaks and have had some rockin' fun on it. Email me if you're looking for something down home.
    Terri
    [email protected]

22. Gratitude expressed by:

23. TopTop #14
    bsusanne

West County Outside Wedding Venue

I have recently begun the search for a wedding venue in West County for June. I am finding most places to be very expensive or just not what we are looking for. There will be up to 150 people and are looking for a beautiful, affordable private, outdoor venue to host. We would, also, like to be able to play amplified music until dark (or later). Please contact me if you know of anything!

Warmly,
    Brooke

24. TopTop #15
    JamesSanders

Re: West County Outside Wedding Venue

If you are looking for West Marin, how about the Nicasio Ranch? I think it can handle 150 and I doubt it's too costly.

If West Sonoma is what you want, maybe the Chileno Valley Ranch would be good. Their website is terrible, but if you do a google image search for Chileno Valley Ranch Wedding, you will see how great it can look.

Good luck and best wishes for a wonderful wedding,
    James

25. TopTop #16
    katie5854

Brooke- have you checked "Compass Rose" in Bodega Bay? Not sure on price but it's beautiful.
    Congrats!
    Kathy

Quote Posted in reply to the post by bsusanne: View Post
    I have recently begun the search for a wedding venue in West County for June. I am finding most places to be very expensive or just not what we are looking for. There will be up to 150 people and are looking for a beautiful, affordable private, outdoor venue to host. We would, also, like to be able to play amplified music until dark (or later). Please contact me if you know of anything!

Warmly,
    Brooke

26. TopTop #17
    patboyle1948

Recently we attended a wedding at Ocean Song in Occidental. It was an amazing outdoor wedding, and the ceremony took place on a hill where all the guest walked up to, then the bride and groom appeared. It was lovely, spacious, and so many possibilities nearby for guests to stay as well. Congratulations and good luck.
    Last edited by Barry; 10-04-2012 at 11:37 AM.

27. TopTop #18
    haute flash Jan

You could check The Bridal Path. It is on Irwin Lane between Sebastopol and Santa Rosa. I don't know if it is what you are looking for but they do weddings and offer horse drawn carriage as part of the ceremony, or not. I don't know what it would cost, but it has room for your guests and can handle live music.
    Last edited by Barry; 10-04-2012 at 11:38 AM.

28. TopTop #19
    FatKatmom

Try Fernando's Bed and Breakfast
    Bodega Hwy 876-1920
    Perfect spot
    Great Hosts

Fatkatmom

29. TopTop #20
    DBL22

Hi, did you ever chose a space?
    My sister had her wedding (ceremony & reception) at our own space
    I think its really beautiful and I'm working on starting to rent it out now and would
    like to know other's opinions if they like it or not.
    It would be very inexpensive to rent, here are some pictures!

you can see more pictures here & let me know if you're interested!
    https://plus.google.com/photos/101840166181537196184/albums/5866796392996957585

Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Expand   Expand   Expand  
    Last edited by Barry; 04-15-2013 at 04:43 PM.

30. TopTop #21
    Shandi

Where is this? How much is it to rent?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by DBL22: View Post
    I think its really beautiful and I'm working on starting to rent it out now and would

31. TopTop #22
    jeremysgold

Green Valley Village hosts weddings, one just recently. Very reasonable prices. www.greenvalleyvillage.com

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    Where is this? How much is it to rent?

32. TopTop #23
    missheathie

Looking for Wedding Venue!

Hello!

My fiance and I are looking for an outdoor wedding venue to accommodate around 100 people- we do not want a typical wedding venue, but are looking more for an outdoor area that we can DIY everything and piece together our dream day! Ideally, we would like something that has a a changing area on site/restrooms/catering kitchen but we are definitely not opposed to being open minded. We would like something under the trees, maybe in an open field- we would like the feel of our wedding to be very comfortable! Please let me know of any suggestions!

Heather

33. TopTop #24
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Looking for Wedding Venue!

I have merged your thread with an existing thread on the same topic. I suggest you review the prior posts on this thread on the website. New referrals as most welcome!

Barry

Quote Posted in reply to the post by missheathie: View Post
    Hello!

My fiance and I are looking for an outdoor wedding venue to accommodate around 100 people- we do not want a typical wedding venue, but are looking more for an outdoor area that we can DIY everything and piece together our dream day! Ideally, we would like something that has a a changing area on site/restrooms/catering kitchen but we are definitely not opposed to being open minded. We would like something under the trees, maybe in an open field- we would like the feel of our wedding to be very comfortable! Please let me know of any suggestions!

Heather

34. TopTop #25
    DBL22

It will be $500 for full use of the property for all day of the wedding. You can go as late as you like
    as long as after midnight the music is not extremely loud.
    Pretty much anything goes, you choose, arrange and manage everything you like to make it your own.
    It is in Santa Rosa by Clover Leaf Ranch off Old Redwood hwy

Quote Posted in reply to the post by DBL22: View Post

35. Gratitude expressed by:

36. TopTop #26
    Gradschool Budget

Hi Bruce,

I know you wrote this message about a year ago, but I'm recently engaged and have been beginning to look for a venue. My fiance and I really want to have our wedding in a big open backyard, which it sounds like you have. Are you still having weddings there?
    Can you please let me know your rates and rules? (ex: alcohol, food, time limits, etc)

Thank you!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by busyb555: View Post

Bruce

37. TopTop #27
    Kanton

Does anyone know how to get in contact with someone at Sonoma Secret Gardens? Trying to find wedding venues and who knew it could be such a challenge ;)

38. TopTop #28
    CherylW

Hello,
    I am looking for a venue for my son's wedding and have appreciated all the helpful information posted here. Since some of the posts are older, I'd like to see who's still offering their homes/spaces/gardens for wedding venue rental. We are having up to 150 guests and my son and his fiance would love a rustic garden/barn setting. We have checked into most of the ones posted here and have some good possibilities but I'd love to have contact info for anyone else you know of. Thanks!

39. TopTop #29
    FatKatmom

For a down home wedding in a barn - try the Chanslor Ranch in Bodega Bay. Call Alicia at 707-331-6722.
    300+ acre ranch. Lodging, camping available, party tents can also be put up. Beautiful views of the ocean.

Fatkatmom

40. TopTop #30
    Jude Iam

Re: West County Garden Wedding Venue- Ocean Song

OCEAN SONG out on Coleman Valley Road is available and gorgeous. https://www.oceansong.org/events.htm

I 'ceremonialized' a wedding there last summer… gloriously "perfect" day for the couple, Tom and Kim, and everyone - families, writers group, work and school pals, great group. Just ran into the photographer and she said she'd send photos. Feasting, dancing, celebrating in the midst of gardens, fields, trees, open sky, ocean in the distance. Aaaaaah.

www.beautiful-ceremonies.com
    Last edited by Barry; 04-05-2014 at 01:53 PM.