Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    dancingstar

What's in your travel first aid kit?

I'm trying to create a first aid kit for my teen son who will be traveling to Turkey this summer. I tend toward alternative remedies and am wondering what you consider the most important items to cover a broad spectrum of "possibilities".

Thanks for your thoughts/expertise!

Judy
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    neil
    Supporting member

Hi Judy,

I highly recommend a book I used again and again and again when I backpacked around the world: Basic Illustrated Wilderness First Aid by William Forgey MD. This book will help you get together a sensible first aid kit appropriate for the specific journey planned. Have him take the book with--it will help him diagnose and treat just about anything that comes up--for him or others with him. You can always augment with alternative medicines, but the sound information and first aid supplies recommended by the book are priceless. It helped me to become confident in my ability to care for myself and others, in many circumstances, even when I was days away from from any town or help.

Good luck to him,
    Neil

Quote Posted in reply to the post by dancingstar: View Post
    I'm trying to create a first aid kit for my teen son who will be traveling to Turkey this summer. I tend toward alternative remedies and am wondering what you consider the most important items to cover a broad spectrum of "possibilities".

Judy

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #3
    "Mad" Miles

Re: What's in your travel first aid kit?

Unless he's roughing it in the boonies of rural Turkey, he'll be in a thoroughly modern country, with a very old culture. Depending on where he's going, I would just take the basics, a few bandaids, some Neosporin, couple of cotton swabs, maybe some small sterile pads and gauze. The most basic Boy Scout First Aid kit.

I have carried such in Western Europe, Hong Kong, Southern China, Quebec and the Maritimes, Louisiana and other parts of the U.S. All I've ever really had need for was a bandaid and the Neosporin once in a rare while.

They have pharmacies in Turkey. Guaranteed.

What he'll really needs is money for the amazing, and varied food!

As for alt medicine, whatever floats your boat, but I'll bet they also have plenty of local herbs and such. Like I said, very old culture.

-

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #4
    dancingstar

I appreciate this information and will probably purchase this book to supplement my own first aid knowledge, but the trip I am trying to prepare my son for will not be wilderness. I'm looking for remedies for the basic stuff you might run into during travel anywhere...certainly gastrointestinal issues, etc. My challenge is how to find the least amount of items to cover the most amount of issues.

Thanks again,

Judy

Quote Posted in reply to the post by neil: View Post
    Hi Judy,

I highly recommend a book I used again and again and again when I backpacked around the world: Basic Illustrated Wilderness First Aid by William Forgey MD. This book will help you get together a sensible first aid kit appropriate for the specific journey planned. Have him take the book with--it will help him diagnose and treat just about anything that comes up--for him or others with him. You can always augment with alternative medicines, but the sound information and first aid supplies recommended by the book are priceless. It helped me to become confident in my ability to care for myself and others, in many circumstances, even when I was days away from from any town or help.

Good luck to him,
    Neil

8. TopTop #5
    neil
    Supporting member

Hi Judy,
    I suggested Forgey's book, not because your son is going into the wilderness, but because this book is a great fit for any kind of travel or not-travel. It empowers the reader to be aware and responsibly proactive on matters of one's own health. For years after my travels ended, I used it at home to take care of myself when I could not afford and did not have a doctor.
    Neil

I appreciate this information and will probably purchase this book to supplement my own first aid knowledge, but the trip I am trying to prepare my son for will not be wilderness. I'm looking for remedies for the basic stuff you might run into during travel anywhere...certainly gastrointestinal issues, etc. My challenge is how to find the least amount of items to cover the most amount of issues.

Thanks again,

Judy

9. TopTop #6

Judy
    My number one do it all remedy for home or travel is MMS. It stands for Master Mineral Solution / Sodium Chlorite solution and is a compilation of 1 drop 28% Sodium Chlorite solution to 1 drop 50% Citric Acid solution. You wait 30 seconds for the two drops to activate, add water and drink.

It was discovered by former gold miner, Jim Humble in Guayana S. America when his crew were getting malaria. It cured them. He then went to Africa and cured 70,000 people of malaria and many more of AIDS. He wrote Bill Gates 5 letters introducing his invention but the philanthropist never replied.

So it can be considered a broad spectrum anti-microbial; anti-biotic, anti-fungal, anti-viral, anti-parasitic. It's great for travel related illnesses such as food poisoning, water purification (3 drops each activated together per quart), burns, colds, flus, and probably many other things I can't think of right now. My naturopath prescribed it to me for parasite eggs.

In the home people have been using it successfully for everything from AIDS and acne to cancer, diabetes, candida, irritable bowel, crohns disease, many many more. For a long list of illnesses and a short list of protocols see https://genesis2church.org/mms-protocol-list.html

The dose for most everything your son would need is 3 drops of each activated and drunk with 8 oz. water 3x a day up to once an hour until the ailment is improved. For more complex illnesses see https://www.voiceofmms.com/fe/10262-...-2000-and-mms2

Cost: Pennies per day.

https://shop.a2zhealthproducts.com/Sodium-Chlorite_c5.htm

https://shop.a2zhealthproducts.com/C...lution_c24.htm
    is my current source for buying it. (Buy one of each). For travel buy the 2 oz. size of each. I think it's $15 each. $20 each for the 4 oz. size. Note: transferring to another bottle is not recommended as the bottle top is designed to give the exact size drop needed, but you may ask if they will sell you empty 2 oz. bottles.

List of other places to buy MMS
    https://www.genesis2forum.org/index....7515&Itemid=66

Note: The overreaching FDA does have MMS in their crosshairs as it threatens to siphon off their precious pharmaceutical and cancer industry profits. MMS has a heck of a legal team set to put the FDA back in their place and could use a $5 or more contribution from everyone for this fight. Please see here for more info: https://www.jimhumble.biz/

Jim Humble is getting up in years, and has made his mission to heal the world with MMS into a church for legal reasons. He calls the MMS and protocols sacraments and trains people to carry on his work in S. America.

If you are attracted to MMS, now is a good time to learn about it and have it in your apothecary.

10. TopTop #7

Last week I got bit by a tick and while I was waiting for the lab to test the tick for Lymes, I used MMS at 3 activated drops every hour to kill any borealis bacteria (the one that causes Lymes disease) or any other bacteria it was carrying. It's a great home remedy.

11. TopTop #8
    photolite

I would also suggest a tiny bottle of chlorine tablets for purifying water in a pinch, an ace bandage for unexpected sprains, some moleskin for blisters and some tweezers. Dental floss with a heavy sewing needle is wonderful for emergency equipment repairs and a small roll of duct tape has myriad uses. I'd also carry some emergency toilet paper.

I also carry a bottle of lomotil for low grade GI issues. Only had to use it once many years ago but was sure happy to have it.

Thanks again,

Judy

12. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

13. TopTop #9
    steph

Too big to carry at 560 pages, but a great deal at $.01 + $3.99 shipping from Amazon -
    https://www.amazon.com/The-NATURAL-H.../dp/0671792733

How to deal with everything from burns to bites to poisoning to bleeding to drowning to dental emergencies and more.

The natural first aid kit includes herbs, homeopathic remedies, flower essences, essential oils, vitamins, food and household items. Acupressure, folk remedies and yoga are a few of the natural remedies included.

After 18 years, this is still my go-to resource.