Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Ernieman

Article: Why I am running for the Board of Supervisors

Dear Ones,

There are some differences between the incumbent and I. Enough that I decided to once again become a candidate for Fifth District Supervisor. My motivation is simple, I care enough for the land use and community form we build to want to preserve that form into the future. That includes conservation, preservation, good planning; fixing roads, a basic duty of government; and, making government work for the people. I find that not only the incumbent but the entire Board of Supervisors have lost vision when it comes to doing the people's business. In the campaign we deserve debate, not simply photographic opportunities. Compare our websites [Ernie's vs. Efren's] and you will know that I want to deal with the issues and not the fluff of persuasion.

Here are some defining issues.The vote is the best way to judge performance as it doesn't lie.

• He was the swing vote on the Dutra Asphalt Plant (3-2) General Plan Amendment that allowed an asphalt plant in a biotic area against the wishes of 1,000's of people; Petaluma and five other cities; and even the Press Democrat.
    • The Best Family Winery LLC was a big vote because it dropped a huge winery that grows 2 acres of grapes into a residential neighborhood. This too took a General Plan amendment. If you cannot rely on the GP to protect your life style, why have planning?
    • Lastly, after decisively proclaiming that " I am against gravel mining in the River 100 percent. No gravel mining in the River. Period" in Monte Rio in 2008, he not only voted for Syar to reenter the River, he voted to amend the Aggregate Mining Ordinance in 2010 to increase the term of the permits from five to fifteen years! Syar is one of his big contributors. This is not the quality of a Fifth District Supervisor.
    The roads are going to rubble. This is the policy considered by the Board and deferred until after the election. It is called "Roads to Rubble". Baffling how the County could even consider this as a policy. The Road Department Budget was decreased from $7.4 to $4.3 million during his three years. Meanwhile, the County Campus is spending millions on buildings, parking lots, and irrigation systems. During that same time the pension fund liability has increased from $105 million to $353 million. My complaint is they are two years slow on getting this budget breaker fixed.

I oppose forest to vineyard conversions and will work to get the restrictions in place to address this growing issue. I am not afraid to stand up to big money interest. So far the incumbent's record is bad in this department.

Lastly, I have the knowledge, experience, and energy to get the job done. I have no power or ego needs here. I am passionate about our Fifth District and not letting it slip away, project by project, Ordinance amendment by Ordinance amendment. I know government is always working for someone, I want it to work for you the people, our children, and our children's children. In order to know who it is working best for now, follow the money. Hint, you can start with the incumbent's 70-page contribution disclosure. [Here are all of Efren's campaign documentation.]

Ernie Carpenter
    Candidate for Fifth District Supervisor
    erniecarpenter.com

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #2
    rossmen

Re: Article: Why I am running for the Board of Supervisors

you're right as usual ernieman, especially contrasting the incumbent bs vs you're message. with all the forces lined up against you though, you just might lose. please don't take it personally. efran deserves what he has created, and if he wins, now or in the runoff, i trust him to grapple seriously with the difficult decisions coming down. i just trust you to make better decisions :)

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Ernieman: View Post
    Dear Ones,

There are some differences between the incumbent and I. Enough that I decided to once again become a candidate for Fifth District Supervisor. My motivation is simple, I care enough for the land use and community form we build to want to preserve that form into the future. That includes conservation, preservation, good planning; fixing roads, a basic duty of government; and, making government work for the people. I find that not only the incumbent but the entire Board of Supervisors have lost vision when it comes to doing the people's business. In the campaign we deserve debate, not simply photographic opportunities. Compare our websites [Ernie's vs. Efren's] and you will know that I want to deal with the issues and not the fluff of persuasion.

Here are some defining issues.The vote is the best way to judge performance as it doesn't lie.

• He was the swing vote on the Dutra Asphalt Plant (3-2) General Plan Amendment that allowed an asphalt plant in a biotic area against the wishes of 1,000's of people; Petaluma and five other cities; and even the Press Democrat.
    • The Best Family Winery LLC was a big vote because it dropped a huge winery that grows 2 acres of grapes into a residential neighborhood. This too took a General Plan amendment. If you cannot rely on the GP to protect your life style, why have planning?
    • Lastly, after decisively proclaiming that " I am against gravel mining in the River 100 percent. No gravel mining in the River. Period" in Monte Rio in 2008, he not only voted for Syar to reenter the River, he voted to amend the Aggregate Mining Ordinance in 2010 to increase the term of the permits from five to fifteen years! Syar is one of his big contributors. This is not the quality of a Fifth District Supervisor.
    The roads are going to rubble. This is the policy considered by the Board and deferred until after the election. It is called "Roads to Rubble". Baffling how the County could even consider this as a policy. The Road Department Budget was decreased from $7.4 to $4.3 million during his three years. Meanwhile, the County Campus is spending millions on buildings, parking lots, and irrigation systems. During that same time the pension fund liability has increased from $105 million to $353 million. My complaint is they are two years slow on getting this budget breaker fixed.

I oppose forest to vineyard conversions and will work to get the restrictions in place to address this growing issue. I am not afraid to stand up to big money interest. So far the incumbent's record is bad in this department.

Lastly, I have the knowledge, experience, and energy to get the job done. I have no power or ego needs here. I am passionate about our Fifth District and not letting it slip away, project by project, Ordinance amendment by Ordinance amendment. I know government is always working for someone, I want it to work for you the people, our children, and our children's children. In order to know who it is working best for now, follow the money. Hint, you can start with the incumbent's 70-page contribution disclosure. [Here are all of Efren's campaign documentation.]

Ernie Carpenter
    Candidate for Fifth District Supervisor
    erniecarpenter.com

Last edited by Barry; 06-02-2012 at 05:38 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

5. TopTop #3
    maryr45

What's going on here? Only 17 viewers in 10 hours to Ernies Why piece? No comments, no gratitude? Doesn't anyone follow anything on WaccoBB anymore? Doesn't anyone care about Ernie's campaign? What will we do if Veronica Jacobi gets more votes than Ernie?

I'm confused...does anyone care about WaccoBB and Ernie? How sad ;9(...
    Last edited by Barry; 06-02-2012 at 05:39 PM.

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #4
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Regarding views, keep in mind that many (most?) people see posts in our daily digest email rather than the website. That's probably even more the case on a sunny weekend.

Most of the discussion has taken place on the Efren Carrillo--Friend of the 1%? thread, and some others.

How about you, Mary? Any further comments? Why are you supporting Ernie? How do you feel about Efren's leadership?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by maryr45: View Post
    What's going on here? Only 17 viewers in 10 hours to Ernies Why piece? No comments, no gratitude? Doesn't anyone follow anything on WaccoBB anymore? Doesn't anyone care about Ernie's campaign? What will we do if Veronica Jacobi gets more votes than Ernie?

8. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

9. TopTop #5

I know the 5th District can be safe and secure in Roni's, or Ernie's hands on: economic, environmental, and social justice issues.

Wake up 99% of 5th District voters; do not be fooled by the well trained smooth talker, who is sending out the ugly hogwash mailers.
    :bullrider:

I've witnessed 2/3rds of Efren's "work" first hand at the BOS meetings, since he and Upchurch were installed by the top 9% who uphold the will of the 1% in this county.

More of the same will kill the little remaining quality of life the rest of of are attempting to hold up.
    :barn:

Notice how it was only after the crimes of Paul Hobbs Winery fanned the flames of the public outcry to the point it hit the Press Democrat; that Carillo threw his big time supporters under the bus in his "Bad Apple" pieces.

I really like Tom Lynch, Vesta, and the Bohemian; although I'm disappointed in their endorsement of Efren; a boy in the pockets of our natural resource extraction profiteers - water for wine grapes, at the peril of native wildlife's habitat, and our children's inheritable future; as well as, the beloved, (dry farmed) Gravenstein Apple.

The Best Winery vote was just the beginning; (don't be fooled this was OK Barry). The top 10% can buy amendments to the General Plan; as easily as they can direct a News Editor, or Producer for Social Engineering, and maximum gain.

Please inform your friends, and family in the 3rd District - Tim Smith is the better choice; and it's Gina for the 1st for better representing the balanced best interest of the 99% of us.

Let's make a clean sweep of the mess at the Board of Supervisors, once and for all. It'll sure save money on all the extra legal work they have to contract out for; on top of their full time legal staff.

Standing up for the Redwood Empire!,

Colleen Fernald

www.campaignforpeace.org

Quote Posted in reply to the post by maryr45: View Post

10. Gratitude expressed by:

11. TopTop #6
    Ernieman

Vote for Ernie!
    The opportunity to get the 5th District back on track is before us--we are seeing a very positive trend. We need you to get to the polls or to submit your absentee ballot for Ernie by Tuesday, June 5th.

We also need your help to spread the word. Our turnout will determine the election.

Please do all you can to get neighbors, friends, family, to cast their ballot Tuesday, June 5th, for Ernie Carpenter for 5th District Supervisor!

Absentees can be dropped by the county office Monday or at any polling place on Tuesday. Mail-ins received after June 5th will not be counted.

If you or someone you know needs a ride to the polls, please call Sherry Petersen at 823-1594. We will arrange a ride.

Thanks for your support! Vote for Ernie!

. . . endorsements: . . .