Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Robert Jacob of Peace in Medicine to run for Sebastopol City Council

Planning Commissioner to run for City Council

https://www.sonomawest.com/sonoma_we...9bb2963f4.html

Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 1:02 pm
    by David Abbott Sonoma West Editor [email protected]

Robert Jacob files initial paperwork on Wednesday
    Robert Jacob, executive director of Sebastopol’s Peace In Medicine, has thrown his hat in the ring to run for Sebastopol City Council.

Jacob, a Sebastopol resident since 2006, is seeking one of two Council seats opening up in November, when the terms of Mayor Guy Wilson and Councilmember Kathleen Shaffer will be up for election.“Robert Jacob is an innovative leader who has developed and led successful nonprofit organizations and small businesses,” former Sebastopol City Councilmember and one-time Mayor Craig Litwin said in a press release announcing the May 16 filing. “Robert is very successful at bringing people together and in Sebastopol that is saying a lot.”

Jacob, age 35, began his career as a health advocate for at-risk youth, and currently operates Sebastopol’s only medicinal cannabis dispensary.

He is a “sustainable business advocate” and was founder and director of a private school that serves pre-school through 8th grade students.

Jacob has been serving on the Sebastopol Planning Commission since 2011, and was elected vice chair earlier this year. He was recently named to a list of “Top 40 Under Forty Business Professionals of 2012,” is a member of the Rotary Club of Sebastopol and serves as a member of the Sebastopol CERT (Community Emergency Response Team).

“I’m committed to keeping Sebastopol on a path to smart economic growth, and I will work hard to facilitate public input on major projects that will impact us for generations,” Jacob said. “I’m proud of our commitment to sustainability and solar energy use, and I will continue to push for increasing our town’s pedestrian-friendly atmosphere.”

The filing of his candidate intention statement is the first step toward his campaign. He has to open an official account, which will be required once he raises $1,000 or more, “which will be soon,” he said.

The official filing period opens on July 16 and closes Aug. 10, unless one or both of the incumbents decides not to run, which would give potential candidates an additional five days to file.

“I am excited to meet more Sebastopol citizens and to take on the task of understanding the community’s needs,” Jacob said, regarding his intention to run. “I really hope to be an advocate of the people and to work hard bringing unity to our town.”

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by: