Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Eli

Mad Men premier tonight!

I don't have cable and cannot wait for Season 5 to be released on DVD.
    Please let me know if there are any public or private viewings where Mad Men
    is being screened. Thanks!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Mad Men premier tonight!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Eli: View Post

I can't help you see Season 5, but you can check out these fun remixes!

3. Gratitude expressed by:

4. TopTop #3
    gypsey

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Eli: View Post

I suscribe to the free newsletter for Maddicts that is emailed from amctv.com. Currently amctv.com is offering a free online screening of season 5's premiere. You can check with them to see if you can view the future episodes, too. I believe you can also get low cost online streaming from netflix. But I'm not sure. And of course, DVDs for the previous seasons may be checked out of the Sonoma County Library. Good luck!

5. Gratitude expressed by:

6. TopTop #4

Another option is to get a season pass from itunes. It's about $22.99 and each new episode will be delivered to itunes as it becomes available. If you want HD (which I don't like), it's about $36.

Netflix streams previous seasons, not the current season.

You can also watch full episodes for free at AMCtv.com. Currently the premier is available.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by gypsey: View Post
    I suscribe to the free newsletter for Maddicts that is emailed from amctv.com. Currently amctv.com is offering a free online screening of season 5's premiere. You can check with them to see if you can view the future episodes, too. I believe you can also get low cost online streaming from netflix. But I'm not sure. And of course, DVDs for the previous seasons may be checked out of the Sonoma County Library. Good luck!

7. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

8. TopTop #5
    Writewords

Thanks for letting me know about the free season premier of Mad Men which I enjoyed last night on my MAC. What did you all think of it? I felt it was really slow and predictable until the very end.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by gypsey: View Post

9. TopTop #6

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Writewords: View Post
    Thanks for letting me know about the free season premier of Mad Men which I enjoyed last night on my MAC. What did you all think of it? I felt it was really slow and predictable until the very end.
    [ SPOILER ALERT! - DON'TREAD IF YOU DON"T WANT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED! - Barry]

Personally, I loved it. To me it was sort of "Wow, it's been a while since we got together, let's catch up." I was surprised by a number of things (I didn't expect to find Don and Meagan married yet, for example, and was surprised by Joanie's motherhood and Lane's kinky side). I thought it prepared the ground for the upcoming season and I thought it wove in the outside world and its changes quite well.

But a more important question: What did y'all drink while watching? And did you dress for the premier?

10. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: