Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    sharingwisdom

Expanding Water Fluoridation in Sonoma County

Every few years, the topic of Fluoride comes up, but this time, I didn't know that it was going to threaten our community's water. I have written articles on this board about this issue, and I'm going to re-post it again with some more information so people can be aware of its history and dangers.

I was a dental hygienist for 26 years before I retired in 1997 to go full time into my wholistic energy medicine practice. Prior, I did a tremendous amount of research on fluoride back in the 70's and have continued to study this subject. I was certainly bucking the ADA “good ol’ boys” years ago when I decided to talk to mother's groups, educating them to stop giving fluoride tablets and treatments to their children. I saw children vomit after fluoride treatments and refused to give them after realizing the toxic affect that was occurring. I was lucky enough to work for holistic dentists in Sonoma County that supported my research at that time. I, myself, have dental fluorosis (mottled teeth) from growing up in a fluoridated area on the East Coast.

Fluoride development is very political. I actually have books from the 1940's talking about the dangers of fluoride by dentists who hadn't been taken over by the Alcoa Aluminum Industry or Dupont. https://www.befreetech.com/fluoridation.htm

The first known instances of deliberate water fluoridation were in Nazi Germany ghettos and prison camps. Sodium fluoride was added to the human inmates' water to sterilize them and to cause them to become docile, subservient subjects willing to comply with orders.
    https://www.newmediaexplorer.org/chr...pid_docile.htm

Much of the original proof that fluoride is safe for humans in low doses was generated by A-bomb program scientists who had been secretly ordered to provide "evidence useful in litigation" against defense contractors for fluoride injury to citizens. Documents show that the first lawsuits against the American A-bomb program were not over radiation, but over fluoride damage. Human studies were required. Bomb program researchers played a leading role in the design and implementation of the most extensive US study of the health effects of fluoridating public drinking water, conducted in Newburgh, New York, from 1945 to 1955. Then, in a classified operation code-named "Program F", they secretly gathered and analyzed blood and tissue samples from Newburgh citizens with the cooperation of New York State Health Department personnel. The original, secret version of a study published by Program F scientists in the August 1948 Journal of the American Dental Association shows that evidence of adverse health effects from fluoride was censored by the US Atomic Energy Commission (AEC)-considered the most powerful of Cold War agencies-for reasons of "national security". The bomb program's fluoride safety studies were conducted at the University of Rochester-site of one of the most notorious human radiation experiments of the Cold War, in which unsuspecting hospital patients were injected with toxic doses of radioactive plutonium. The fluoride studies were conducted with the same ethical mindset, in which "national security" was paramount.
    https://www.rense.com/health/alertflo.htm

This information came from declassified documents and much of the original proof that low-dose fluoride is safe for children's bones came from U.S. bomb program scientists. Now, researchers who have reviewed these declassified documents fear that Cold War national security considerations may have prevented objective scientific evaluation of vital public health questions concerning fluoride.

"Information was buried," concludes Dr. Phyllis Mullenix, former head of toxicology at Forsyth Dental Center in Boston, and now a critic of fluoridation. Animal studies Mullenix and co-workers conducted at Forsyth in the early 1990's indicated that fluoride was a powerful central nervous system (CNS) toxin, and might adversely affect human brain functioning, even at low doses. (New epidemiological evidence from China adds support, showing a correlation between low-dose fluoride exposure and diminished I.Q. in children.) Mullenix's results were published in 1995, in a reputable peer-reviewed scientific journal. https://www.fluoridealert.org/wastenot414.htm

Naturally-formed Calcium fluoride is NOT absorbed in the body the same as sodium silicofluoride (Stannous or Sodium Fluoride) since the calcium helps to neutralize the fluoride. Sodium Fluoride is rat poisoning. It comes with the skull and cross bone symbol right on the bottle. It is even listed in the Merck manual (standard manual used by physicians on disease and toxins) as a lethal poison. The types of fluoride used to treat water systems, fluosilicic acid and sodium silicofluoride, are actually untreated hazardous waste from the phosphate fertilizer industry.

Cryolite is a food pesticide with a uniform fluoride tolerance of 7 ppm. Cryolite is used in the growing of all berries (blueberry, strawberry, etc.), and most, if not all, fruits and vegetables, and is the main source for fluoride levels in fruit drinks. Seven ppm is a very high amount of fluoride just in itself.

Since mid-1997, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has mandated all toothpastes containing FLUORIDE to carry this Warning: Keep out of reach of children under 6 years of age. If you accidentally swallow more than used for brushing, seek PROFESSIONAL HELP or contact a POISON CONTROL center immediately. If the words "professional help" and "poison control center" don't grab your attention, they should. And for good reason.

Fluoride has the ability to affect other chemicals and heavy metals; in some cases making them even more harmful than they would be on their own. For example, when you combine chloramines with the hydrofluorosilicic acid added to the water supply, they become very effective at extracting lead from old plumbing systems, promoting the accumulation of lead in the water supply. Studies have shown that hydrofluorosilicic acid increases lead accumulation in bone, teeth, and other calcium-rich tissues. This is because the free fluoride ion acts as a transport of heavy metals, allowing them to enter into areas of your body they normally would not be able to go, such as into your brain. As fluoride increases the lead, it will replace the calcium in the bones which destroys bone strength and mineralization.

The thyroid is particularly affected by fluoride exposure because its store of iodine is depleted. Iodine deficiency depresses the thyroid's metabolic and immune functions, resulting in hypothyroidism and lowered immunity.

We are exposed to fluoride via far more sources than just drinking water. Many of the processed foods and beverages sold in the U.S. contain high levels of fluoride because they are made using fluoridated water supplies. Further, the processing these foods undergo often has the effect of concentrating the fluoride. Food types with particularly high levels of fluoride include processed cereals, juices from concentrate, and soda.

Mechanically deboned chicken is also a key source of concern. That’s because fluoridated water used on farms and to process animal feeds accumulates in animal bones, and chicken bones are especially brittle. As chicken is mechanically deboned, the deboning machine grinds significant portions of these fragile bones into a powder which then infiltrates the finished product. As a result, processed chicken products often have elevated levels of fluoride. (Mechanically deboned turkey and beef products aren’t nearly as much of an issue because their bones are much stronger.) Researchers studying the problem found that chicken-based infant foods have the highest fluoride levels found in this category of food, followed by chicken nugget/finger-type products, lunch meats, and canned meats.

Remarkably, fluorinated drinking water has not been shown to have any effect on tooth decay or the incidence of cavities. Tooth decay rates in Western Europe , where 98% of the population drinks non-fluoridated water, have declined as much and even more in some locales as rates in the U.S. since fluoridation began. British Columbia , where about 10% of the population drinks fluoridated water compared to 40-70% in the other provinces, has the lowest rates of tooth decay in Canada . In the largest fluoridation study ever undertaken, the National Institute of Dental Research tracked 39,000 children between the ages of 5 and 17. The results? No statistically significant differences in the dental health between children serviced by non-fluoridated and fluoridated water systems. Though fluoridation advocates commonly point out that public dental health in the U.S. has improved markedly since fluoridation began, many experts attribute this positive development not to treated water supplies but to increased public education and greatly improved dental hygiene practices being adopted by more and more Americans. EPA and HHS have been in consideration of lowering the current acceptable level of fluoride in the nation's public water supplies. This is the first time this has been considered in the past 50 years. This is being recommended as many additional sources of fluoride have become available since the 1960's. There is also an epidemic of dental fluorosis with the teenagers in the United States. https://voices.yahoo.com/epa-conside...e-7615400.html

Piggybacking on a recent government announcement concerning overexposure to fluoride, the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has now announced that all infant formulas are contaminated with fluoride, and that when mixed with the fluoridated water provided in most US cities, the combination is a toxic threat to babies and infants. According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), nearly half of all US children are overexposed to fluoride. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...117760088.html

The National Kidney Foundation concluded several years ago that individuals with chronic kidney disease should be notified of the potential risk from exposure to fluorides. The document acknowledges gaping holes in research concerning kidney impacts from fluorides, lending new ammunition to the growing numbers of cities, health professionals, water agencies, and citizens who question industry and government assertions that water fluoridation has been proven safe. The statement formally cancels NKF’s previous position paper on water fluoridation and recommends that kidney patients be notified of the risks via the organization’s web site. https://www.fluoridealert.org/press/nfk2.html

In statements by the ADA that fluoride fights tooth decay, John R. Lee, M.D. (from Marin county), a fluoride toxicity researcher since 1972, calls that a myth. He further states the myth has been perpetuated via "clever propaganda." He believes adding fluoride to water supplies was a contrivance to dispose of waste byproducts from the fertilizer and aluminum industries. There is a large volume of evidence to support his belief. Dr. Lee has established a direct link between fluoride use, osteoporosis and increased incidence of hip fractures in his report, A Brief Account of the Fluoridation And Hip Fracture Problem.

More and more doctors and researchers are expressing concern over public exposure to the chemical, which has led some cities to vote against water contamination with fluoridation. Jonathon Wright, M.D., medical researcher of the Tahoma Clinic in Kent Washington says that, "When folks are fully informed (about fluoride), they usually turn it down."

I really recommend this excellent video by BBC correspondent, Christopher Bryson and author of The Fluoride Deception.
    https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4336262446047063653&q=The +Fluoride+Deception&total=34&start=0&num=10&so=0 &type=search&plindex=4

In awareness and healing,
    Judy
    www.thetamedicalintuitive.com
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2

Re: About the Fluoride issue

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sharingwisdom:
    Every few years, the topic of Fluoride comes up, but this time, I didn't know that it was going to threaten our community's water.
    Thanks so much for this very informative article.

Do you know the specifics of the areas that are threatened with fluoridation? And where to fight it?

Here in Marin we have fluoridation in all areas except Novato and unincorporated areas like W. Marin, the San Geronimo Valley, and several other areas.

I'm a member of the Fluoride Action Network, which is a satisfying organization to support, because every update you get is a list of more success stories of towns that have become fluoride free. Their strategy, not verbatim, is to get the rest of Canada which is over half fluoride free, plus NYC and LA, then the rest of the US will quickly follow on that momentum.

Meanwhile they have very effective templates and step by step plans worked out that people can use in their areas, and at their town hall meetings. We just need a few dedicated folks to step up to the plate and go to bat. Write them at www.fluoridealert.org and ask for them.

Opt-out of having a smart meter whether you have one now or not, anytime. 1-866-743-0263 24/7 Spread the word. More info here.

3. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

4. TopTop #3
    rossmen

the sonoma county water agency, which is run by the sonoma county board of supervisors, supplies water to santa rosa, rohnert park, cotate, petaluma, and novato, about 600,000 people.

the ada, haven't they been in denial for decades about mercury fillings?

this effort is another example of cost benefit analysis in public health policy. dangers are known, but the benefit is calculated to be higher, and the relatively low cost is a very important part of the equation. its all about bang for the buck. vaccination, floridation, mercury fillings, clorination, there are safer proven alternatives to all these and the science is still developing, and the alternatives are more costly. the official experts are simply trying to make the best recommendation for the greatest number of people. they might be right (now), but in the long run, they are probably wrong, and they know it, but can't say it, because it is their job.
    Last edited by Barry; 02-27-2013 at 11:17 AM.

5. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

6. TopTop #4
    Mudwoman

Thanks! Judy,

For all your research and gathering it together in one spot. Makes the work of protesting this idea SO much easier. Your information and ALL the links need to be required reading for our Supervisors / Board of Directors for the Water Agency. Each of them will be getting a copy from me.

With appreciation and admiration,
    Cynthe (ie. Mudwoman)

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sharingwisdom: View Post
    Every few years, the topic of Fluoride comes up, but this time, I didn't know that it was going to threaten our community's water. I have written articles on this board about this issue, and I'm going to re-post it again with some more information so people can be aware of its history and dangers.

I was a dental hygienist for 26 years before I retired in 1997 to go full time into my wholistic energy medicine practice. Prior, I did a tremendous amount of research on fluoride back in the 70's and have continued to study this subject. I was certainly bucking the ADA “good ol’ boys” years ago when I decided to talk to mother's groups, educating them to stop giving fluoride tablets and treatments to their children. I saw children vomit after fluoride treatments and refused to give them after realizing the toxic affect that was occurring. I was lucky enough to work for holistic dentists in Sonoma County that supported my research at that time. I, myself, have dental fluorosis (mottled teeth) from growing up in a fluoridated area on the East Coast....

7. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

8. TopTop #5

That is exactly why the Public must speak out.

There is no argument that there has been a serious problem with access to affordable dental care; and thus higher rate of decay, etc.; for the 30 years I have lived here.

There are other factors that stem from culture and education; with regard to hygiene, diet, breast feeding. etc. Even overuse of bottles, and pacifiers can be factors; along with the ingredients of concern in their contents.

The fact that the Supervisors are being spoon-fed bad "science", on this, this many decades down the road; is very sad.

The fact that the Press Democrat buys it without review; is even worse. Then trying to pass the rebuttal off as conspiracy theory twice in the Editorials; is further proof that they were bought for increased content control.

If the PD was worth the .75 per day they charge at the newsstand; they would actually investigate what the opposition was supporting. They would not demean the opposition in the usual lazy way. They would let the voice of the majority in our community be heard with respect more often. At least allowing for the fluoride issue go to a vote, as the Sonoma County Water Coalition suggested 2 years ago.

If the Ag community takes a look at the science indicating harm to livestock, and the public looks at the risks to pets; maybe we can have a more fair fight with this toxic waste industry.

Most of the majority gave up trying to weigh in fairly with the Press Democrat, when they saw how distorted the truth got; and they chose not to give it their time and money.

I've bought the PD every day since I began to stop the unconstitutional wars with a letter writing campaign; I survey them for fairness and accuracy, in balance with this regions demographics.

They are neither. When NYT owned, they've not cared to corrected it when requested. I'll be moving into recourse next. After I give the new owners a crack at it.

I don't just mediawatch because of my amateur sociologist hobby; and intentions to stop war. It informs my work in advising many advertising budgets. Finding the best bang for the buck, to help my friends and clients get the word out on their good thing; makes us all happy.

Thanks to Barry and the rest of us, for keeping other pathways open for the truth to get out; and move our norm to a healthier degree.

SIDE NOTE ON PD ED: The other 2 glowing Willie Brown stories were additional air kisses to the 1%'s ass. He's pimped us out to China long ago; and he rubs it in our face all the time; if you ever read his Chronicle column, or hear him on the news, or his radio show with Will Durst. He constantly gloats about how much he's gotten away with. A clear sign of a sociopath.

There's almost always advertising money involved in which way the PD spins the news. Even thought this is a big industry no-no; it's quite known. This Conspiracy FACT, I will prove in due time.

What is evident here is: the 1% have misdirected nearly ALL of how government should work well. After 9/11, The loss of tax money returned to the cities, counties and states; has grown more severe each year. All basic services are strapped for 2 major reasons.

Willie Brown forged the way in the policies for benefits for Public employees; and now the unfunded liabilities of those obligations.

But even worse; the massive debt of all our unconstitutional wars of choice, not necessity; has not been corrected by his pals in the Senate; even when they controlled the majority of the House and Senate; and White House.

This is why state and local government fight for the crumbs; known as "pork". The Lobbyist are trained well to let them know when, and where the pots of money are to be found. This time the ADA is being driven by the profiteers of this toxin, who want all of us to ingest it.

If you were to audit the County of Sonoma's, and the Press Democrat's former, and future advertising relationships; due to a recent subcommittee's work; you may begin to see how some of the pieces I have, and will present, fit.

As for this headline from the PD's own editorial page Editor; if they were telling the truth about fluoride; this headline would come with x rays comparing their bone loss, and brain decay; with the amount of fluoride they've ingested.

Now if I were Senator; I would not advocate for fluoride, the bill the House just passed on California's water; the raising of taxes for anyone but the 1%; or the cutting of benefits for any of the 99% .

Instead, I'd just return the Dept. of Defense to Defense operations; not offensive. Install the Department of Peace for oversight. End the way the Federal Reserve operates; create state banks. Create jobs for our returning and current Veterans through: rebuilding America's Public Works and Transportation infrastructures; restoring our watersheds and wilderness; and safe, Green power production systems.

Stay tuned for more truth-leaking...

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/articl...NEWS/120309919
    GULLIXSON: Supervisors show backbone on fluoridation vote

Quote Posted in reply to the post by rossmen: View Post
    the sonoma county water agency, which is run by the sonoma county board of supervisors, supplies water to santa rosa, rohnert park, cotate, petaluma, and novato, about 600,000 people.

the ada, haven't they been in denial for decades about mercury fillings?

this effort is another example of cost benefit analysis in public health policy. dangers are known, but the benefit is calculated to be higher, and the relatively low cost is a very important part of the equation. its all about bang for the buck. vaccination, floridation, mercury fillings, clorination, there are safer proven alternatives to all these and the science is still developing, and the alternatives are more costly. the official experts are simply trying to make the best recommendation for the greatest number of people. they might be right (now), but in the long run, they are probably wrong, and they know it, but can't say it, because it is their job.

9. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

10. TopTop #6
    Oceanicdreamer

Re: Expanding Water Fluoridation in Sonoma County

THis information is should be looked at for the debate on Fluoride. Chlorine is even worse.

HistoryofWaterFilters.com
    The Past, Present, and Future of Water Filtration Technolog
    The History of Water Filters | Water Treatment Alternatives | How Safe is Your Drinking Water?
    How Safe is Your Drinking Water? > Contaminants Resulting from Municipal Additives > Fluoride - Adverse Health Effects

Fluoride - Adverse Health Effects

Fluoride can be one of the most volatile and active harmful chemicals in the body. Fluoride can attack mercilessly, against any age group, but its effects are especially harmful to developing children and the elderly. The detrimental effects of fluoride are varied. Below is a list of some of the recently documented, harmful effects of drinking fluoridated water:
    1) Fluoride is known to cause dental fluorosis, a defect of the tooth enamel caused by fluoride’s interference with developing teeth. Its visible signs are mottled or yellowed teeth. Nearly 30% of children drinking fluoridated water suffer from dental fluorosis on two or more teeth (Hileman, 1988).

2) Fluoride is associated with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Fluoride enters the brain and enables aluminum to cross the blood-brain barrier, resulting in increased risk for these diseases. Fluoride has also been associated with low IQ and mental retardation in children (Hileman, 1988).

3) Fluoride can cause a crippling bone disease called skeletal fluorosis. In more mild forms, symptoms of this disease include chronic joint pain, similar to the symptoms of arthritis. Arthritis has now reached near epidemic levels in the United States, and the connection to fluoridated water should be considered.

4) Fluoride depresses the activity of the human thyroid gland and has been commonly used as an effective treatment for patients with overactive thyroids. Fluoride may depress the activity of the healthy thyroid, as well, resulting in an underactive thyroid, a common cause of obesity. More than 20 million people in the United States receive treatment for thyroid problems.

5) Fluoride disrupts the activity of normally functioning hormones. Fluoride can reduce levels of melatonin, the sleep hormone, in the body, causing chronic insomnia (Hileman, 1988).
    Most European countries have now rejected the process of water fluoridation. Their children’s teeth have not suffered from this rejection. The cost/benefit ratio of fluoridated water no longer warrants the presence of fluoride in drinking water.

11. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

12. TopTop #7
    tommy

Doesn't fluoride in water help prevent tooth decay?
    Last edited by Barry; 02-27-2013 at 11:18 AM.

13. TopTop #8
    Glia

That's the corporatocracy/establishment allegation and hardly a foregone conclusion.

However, good nutrition, effective dental hygiene, and healthy gums do a lot for preventing tooth decay and improving overall health. Most tooth loss is from gum disease, not decay. There are ways to improve dental health without "dosing" everyone who drinks the water, whether they want to ingest the stuff or not.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by tommy: View Post
    Doesn't fluoride in water help prevent tooth decay?

14. Gratitude expressed by:

15. TopTop #9
    Attic

We all get fluoride in our toothpaste already. The nice thing about toothpaste is you can spit it out and rinse. So why would they force it in our water unless someone is getting paid. I thought counties were cutting costs, we have to pay for the fluoride to be put in. If we already get it in our toothpaste why should we pay for it in our water while poisoning it in the process? There is no way the county should be forcing it in our drinking water. What is it going to save one guys teeth somewhere that doesn't brush? Olympic athletes do not drink water with fluoride in it because it effects their performance. It is a poison. This is a Nazi move on the part of Sonoma County.

That money should be used for other purposes! Our state is in crisis mode. We have a lack of jobs, school programs are being cut, library hours being slashed, parks being closed down and we cant pay for medical, police are being laid off, people our loosing their homes and they want to use our money to fluoridate the water?!!! Someone in a county office is getting paid by the flouride people ... that person or group needs to be recalled.

Fluoridation has been the subject of many court cases wherein activists have sued municipalities, asserting that their rights to consent to medical treatment and due process are infringed by mandatory water fluoridation. Individuals have sued municipalities for a number of illnesses that they believe were caused by fluoridation of the city's water supply. In most of these cases, the courts have held in favor of cities, finding no or only a tenuous connection between health problems and widespread water fluoridation. To date, no federal appellate court or state court of last resort (i.e., state supreme court) has found water fluoridation to be unlawful.

So with all of the failures in court, maybe the only way to beat that in court is to make it a matter of religion. If you sue use the argument that it is against your religion. You wouldn't make Indians eat a cow and Jesus would not put poison his body.

In 2006, a 12-person U.S. National Research Council (NRC) committee reviewed the health risks associated with fluoride in the water and unanimously concluded that the maximum contaminant level of 4 mg/L should be lowered. Although it did not comment on water fluoridation's safety, three of the panel members, namely Robert Isaacson, Kathleen Thiessen and Hardy Limeback, expressed their opposition to water fluoridation after the study.

There have been cases of improper implementation of water fluoridation that resulted in overfluoridation that causes outbreaks of acute fluoride poisoning, with symptoms that include nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Three such outbreaks were reported in the U.S. between 1991 and 1998, caused by fluoride concentrations as high as 220 mg/L; in the 1992 Alaska outbreak, 262 people became ill and one person died. In 2010, approximately 60 gallons of fluoride were released into the water supply in Asheboro, North Carolina in 90 minutes—an amount that was intended to be released in a 24-hour period.

Fluoridation can be viewed as a violation of ethical or legal rules that prohibit medical treatment without medical supervision or informed consent, and that prohibit administration of unlicensed medical substances.

16. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

17. TopTop #10
    Glia

Not for those of us who go to the trouble to get non-fluoridated toothpaste!

"Follow the money" is always a good place to start, especially with questionable government actions like this. In this instance, though, there's more to it than who is getting paid or making money. The fluoridation idea is being put forth as a "cheap fix" for kids with dental problems resulting from poor diet and lack of access to dental care. The latter problem is a direct result of our for-profit fee-for-service medical/dental racket. (Note that the terms "health" and "care" are not used in that sentence.)

Remember: the "cheap fix" is neither. What the county needs to be focused on is getting kids to a dentist and hygenist early and often. And the sooner we get rid of the for-profit fee-for-service medical/dental racket and particularly the for-profit insurance racket, the better off we all will be -- including the people attempting to practice medicine and dentistry.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Attic: View Post
    We all get fluoride in our toothpaste already. The nice thing about toothpaste is you can spit it out and rinse. So why would they force it in our water unless someone is getting paid.

18. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

19. TopTop #11
    ericvonk

It's been my experience, discussing this with both my professional-alliance dentists, and a friend or two over the decades, who have been, or still are, dentists, that, over the past 50-odd years, the income of said dentists has dropped considerably in areas where water is fluoridated as it has a profound positive effect on reducing children's cavities....and into younger adulthood too. I'd be interested in the 25-year-old study cited by previous writers, although I did not see any actual citation mentioned. I'll try Google. And many of the inferences are so indirect as to be suspect, such as the thyroid references, or the Ahlzeimer's/aluminum/brain-barrier connections. Some science references would help to counter the spurious allegations made with absolutely no factual basis, such as "Jesus" would not put poison in his body. Water in those days, flowing in stone aqueducts and stored in stone cisterns, is likely to have some minerals and possibly metals in solution; or did Jesus just drink wine? No one really knows, so all this magical thinking may please you, but much of it is nonsense.

20. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

21. TopTop #12
    sharingwisdom

I just want the community to know that I sent a 11 page PDF with links that expanded on what I wrote below, and sent it to Tony from the radio station and Brett from the PD. Another friend took excerpts of this and sent it to the water board and other gov't agencies. I'm happy to send it to anyone who wants to know about the history of Fluoride; the connections with the big corporations involved in getting rid of their toxic waste; the Doctors/researchers who lost their positions at universities for speaking out against fluoride; how fluoride works and what it affects in the body; the means we already get fluoride; what the results really are in the decrease of tooth decay; how the statistics have been mishandled and falsified; agencies, associations and studies; communities and countries against fluoridation. Keep this in mind... the fluoride and the nuclear industry go hand and hand.
    Last edited by Barry; 02-27-2013 at 11:19 AM.

22. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

23. TopTop #13
    Attic

Well Ericvonk, really you need citations. Its so easy to go to a forum and tell everyone with different beliefs than yours how they are all wrong. What are you a reporter do you work for someone concerned with this? Ok let me do your homework for you..... See the listed citations and links below. Point by point I don't have time for. Yes many dentist have been known to move to areas where there is no fluoride in the water, its better for business. Many other references are on Wikipedia. As for Jesus not knowingly taking poison into his body there are plenty of statements in the new testament to confirm just that, I will not be looking those up for you but try the Golgotha cross story. I also wont even bother with the was it grape juice or wine argument. The fact of the matter is that if you want to dictate that I should consume a substance that I don't want to.... well that is wrong.

Here are your citations... have fun.
    ^ a b c National Research Council (2006). Fluoride in Drinking Water: A Scientific Review of EPA's Standards. Washington, DC: National Academies Press. ISBN 0-309-10128-X. Lay summaryNRC (September 24, 2008).. See also the CDC statement on the NRC report.

^ Budnick N (2006). "Fluoride foes get validation". Portland Tribune.

^ Limeback H (14 May 2006). "GUEST VIEW: The evidence that fluoride is harmful is overwhelming". The Standard Times (South Coast, MA).

^ Fagin D (January 2008). "Second thoughts about fluoride". Scientific American 298 (1): 74–81. doi:10.1038/scientificamerican0108-74. PMID 18225698.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluoride_poisoning
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flouride
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_floridation
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_...on_controversy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_contaminant_level

Quote Posted in reply to the post by ericvonk: View Post
    It's been my experience, discussing this with both my professional-alliance dentists, and a friend or two over the decades, who have been, or still are, dentists, that, over the past 50-odd years, the income of said dentists has dropped considerably in areas where water is fluoridated as it has a profound positive effect on reducing children's cavities....and into younger adulthood too. I'd be interested in the 25-year-old study cited by previous writers, although I did not see any actual citation mentioned. I'll try Google. And many of the inferences are so indirect as to be suspect, such as the thyroid references, or the Ahlzeimer's/aluminum/brain-barrier connections. Some science references would help to counter the spurious allegations made with absolutely no factual basis, such as "Jesus" would not put poison in his body. Water in those days, flowing in stone aqueducts and stored in stone cisterns, is likely to have some minerals and possibly metals in solution; or did Jesus just drink wine? No one really knows, so all this magical thinking may please you, but much of it is nonsense.

24. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

25. TopTop #14
    sophiopia

I WOULD NOT ASSUME WE ALL USE FLUORIDATED TOOTHPASTE!!

i've used un-fluoridated toothpaste for as long as i can remember. fluoride is poison but i think it's really too late. this information has been public for years. their plan is well in place, globally. filter, filter filter!

We all get fluoride in our toothpaste already. The nice thing about toothpaste is you can spit it out and rinse. So why would they force it in our water unless someone is getting paid....

26. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

27. TopTop #15
    Butterfly

About the Fluoride issue

It's a long time arriving, or, I haven't had my ear to the ground, close enough. The U.S. government has decided that fluoride is harmful...

" ... the latest scientific studies have finally made the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) change their tune ...

... EPA and HHS now recommend the level of fluoride in drinking water to be set “at the lowest end of the current optimal range”—that is, no more than 0.7 milligrams of fluoride per liter of water instead of the current recommended range which goes as high as 1.2 milligrams."

https://www.anh-usa.org/new-scientific-data-forces-government-to-reverse-its-stance-on-fluoride-in-the-water-supply/

It's well past prudent waiting, or casual drinking; it's our precious drinking water. Let's ensure that our elected representatives who direct our water agency are wise to the facts on water and fluoride; this is not a casual mixed drink. Fluoride and water can be harmful to our health.

28. Gratitude expressed by:

29. TopTop #16
    sambacat
    Supporting member

Check this NYT article out: https://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/06/h...it_th_20120306
    an excerpt: “We have had a huge increase in kids going to the operating room,” said Dr. Jonathan Shenkin, a pediatric dentist in Augusta, Me., and a spokesman for the American Dental Association. “We’re treating more kids more aggressively earlier.”

But such operations are largely preventable, he said. “I have parents tell me all the time, ‘No one told us when to go to the dentist, when we should start using fluoride toothpaste’ — all this basic information to combat the No. 1 chronic disease in children.”

yikes!

Last edited by Barry; 03-07-2012 at 10:23 PM.

30. TopTop #17
    DavidJohn

The SODIUM salt forms of fluoride that are put into drinking water supplies are the primary poison used in several commercial rat poison products. This type of fluoride is an industrial waste product that is very difficult to break down or to dispose safely. So what do the industries who generate this poison do? They make up a story that this form of fluoride is "good" for people's dental health, and sell that idea to people and governments in order to create a market to dispose of their industrial poison, cheaply (or maybe even at a profit!) and with impunity, by making people drink it in their water supplies!

There are people in isolated communities in Italy, where CALCIUM fluoride naturally occurs in the water, whose dental health actually does benefit without significantly deleterious associated health effects. This is where the idea of putting "fluoride" into water supplies originated; however, people blindly assumed that "fluoride" in any form has this beneficial property. I myself would not recommend putting even calcium salts of fluoride into drinking water supplies. However, sodium salts of fluoride are known poisons. I will not put these toxins into my body. I hope Sonoma County governments will not fall for the lies that fluoridating water supplies is "beneficial." If fluoride does get added to water supplies due to government idiocy (or perniciousness), I hope that restauranteurs will learn about this problem, and will filter the water they use in food preparation and to serve at tables (to remove both chlorine and fluorides, as well as all the other toxins in municipal water supplies). I myself will always ask at restaurants if their water supplies are filtered to remove these poisons before patronizing their establishments.

31. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

32. TopTop #18
    Attic

You might want to listen to this. Dr. John Doull says there may also be a link to cancer.
    Dr. John Doull is the Professor Emeritus of Pharmacology and Toxicology in the Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Therapeutics at the University of Kansas Medical School, and chaired the 2006 Committee on Fluoride in Drinking Water. https://www.ksro.com/Programs/KSROAM...tryID=10356235
    Last edited by Barry; 02-27-2013 at 11:20 AM.

33. TopTop #19
    Attic

Thread Merge. Lets try to keep the relevant threads linked.

34. TopTop #20
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Threads Merged!

There are two related threads I have not merged, as they are distint:

The fluoridation of our public water supply (in WaccoTalk)
    This is from 2009 with lots of good info. It's recently become active again.

Water Fluoridation Conversation with Dr. John Doull Now Available
    Let's keep the above thread related to KSRO and the interviews there.

Thread Merge. Lets try to keep the relevant threads linked.

35. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

36. TopTop #21
    Attic

Thanks Barry.

37. TopTop #22

If you'd like to prevent fluoridation of Sonoma county's water...

Hi All,

If you'd like to add some juice to the No Fluoride effort in Sonoma County (which needs it), here's where to plug in: The Sonoma County Water Coalition, a consortium of about 31 environmental groups in Sonoma County

www.SCWaterCoalition.org

Environmental Center
    55A Ridgway Avenue,
    Santa Rosa

Stephen Fuller-Rowell
    [email protected]

Please email Stephen and ask how you can help.

He says Sonoma County Health is supposed to report back to the Supervisors some time in January on the feasibility and cost of fluoridation.

I just got word that Marin spends $155,535 annually to fluoridate (cost of fluoride and operations and maintenance).

Based on what I've seen other communities and Fluoride Action Network succeed with, I think the 4 main points should be:

1) Fluoridation should be voluntary, not forced via water supplies.

2) Until they can show us the data showing fluoride is not toxic (which they can't) it's illegal to put it in our water.

3) The CA Safety Code law, that already provides FREE topical fluoride treatments to children in a much better, cheaper, accurate and effective and far safer than water fluoridation, is the argument we should push. I think this gives water board members a way out and a legitimate reason for not using water fluoridation that does not involve the normal emotional arguments. Another good point I think we should push is

4) that under CEQA law, they must do a study on the environmental impacts of water fluoridation. This has not been done in Marin and should be before continuing fluoridation. This study would also require money.

Don't put a lot of energy into the emotional anti-fluoride arguments. The pro fluoride side is just as fixed with their bogus scientific studies to "prove" it. It usually ends up as a fruitless power struggle.

The state of CA mandates fluoride for communities over 10,000 population, but it cannot enforce it because they don't pay for it.

The current climate around fluoridation is a massive wave to not fluoridate, coming from the people who face a well funded ADA and Cargill sponsored national campaign to fluoridate. Cargill makes fertilizer and sells the toxic waste from that in the form of fluoride to water treatment plants. Half of fluoride comes from China, where, incidentally, they will not fluoridate their water. 78 communities in the US and Canada have rejected fluoride since 2010!!

Prozac is 94% fluoride....go figure why they'd put it in the water!

Also, please subscribe to the Fluoride Action Network for lots of good resources in this effort. https://www.fluoridealert.org/take-a...-fan-movement/ They will be sending a lot of emails for their donation campaign during December, but their normal updates occur about once a month and are filled with inspiring successes.

Susan

38. Gratitude expressed by 8 members:

39. TopTop #23
    Glia

Re: If you'd like to prevent fluoridation of Sonoma county's water...

this announcement appeared in the Sonoma County daily digest bulletin for 12 December 2012:

Sonoma County Health Services Announcements
    12/11/2012
    This information has recently been updated, and is now available at
    https://www.sonoma-county.org/health...ents/index.asp

Request for Proposal - Fluoridation Advisory Committee Facilitator

Request for Proposal - Fluoridation Preliminary Engineering Design Report

Request for Proposal - Preventive Oral Health Public Communications Campaign - Consultant

40. Gratitude expressed by:

41. TopTop #24
    AllorrahBe

Specifically, what can a senior in Sebastopol do? Time for this fluoride scam to be exposed!
    Last edited by Barry; 02-27-2013 at 11:21 AM.

42. TopTop #25

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Allorrah Be: View Post
    Specifically, what can a senior in Sebastopol do? Time for this fluoride scam to be exposed!

Rev. BE
    www.SCWaterCoalition.org

Environmental Center
    55A Ridgway Avenue,
    Santa Rosa

Stephen Fuller-Rowell
    [email protected]

Please email Stephen and ask how you can help. Then come back here and post it for the rest of us.

They (the pro-fluoride CA Dental Association) are going to put $50,000 into a public education campaign. We have a petition nearly ready to go. I'll post it here soon.

Thanks Glia for keeping us posted, and thanks to all!
    Susan

43. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

44. TopTop #26
    Alaria

Thanks for this post. I would like to know the source that 94% of Prozac is flouride, can you provide me with that or lead me in that direction, as that is so important and an excellent point.

I will contact the coalition, because this would be a travesty in sonoma county.
    thanks

Quote Posted in reply to the post by intheflow88: View Post
    Hi All,

If you'd like to add some juice to the No Fluoride effort in Sonoma County (which needs it), here's where to plug in:
    Last edited by Barry; 02-27-2013 at 11:21 AM.

45. TopTop #27
    sharingwisdom

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Alaria: View Post
    Thanks for this post. I would like to know the source that 94% of Prozac is flouride, can you provide me with that or lead me in that direction, as that is so important and an excellent point.

I will contact the coalition, because this would be a travesty in sonoma county.
    thanks
    It was easy to google this...Fluoxetene Hydrochloride is in Prozac, Prolixin, and antipsychotic prescrition drug used to treat schizophrenia and 5 Fluorouracil used in cancer treatments that is so highly toxic that there is only a narrow margin for safety...risks of blood toxicity, gastrointestinal bleeding and even death.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/2...ription-drugs/ & https://www.antidepressantsfacts.com...uorophenyl.htm

And here's a great video about the history of fluoride as part of the phosphate industry.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLWk3cBnHOg
    Last edited by Barry; 12-17-2012 at 05:16 PM.

46. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

47. TopTop #28
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sharingwisdom: View Post
    It was easy to google this...Fluoxetene Hydrochloride is in Prozac, Prolixin, and antipsychotic prescritpion drug used to treat schizophrenia and 5 Fluorouracil used in cancer treatments that is so highly toxic that there is only a narrow margin for safety...risks of blood toxicity, gastrointestinal bleeding and even death.
    google is all you ever need. By the way, it turns out that the water supply is over 60% hydrogen, even after the antipsychotics have been added. Google "Hindenberg" and you'll see what we have to fear!

48. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

49. TopTop #29

Anyone who supports keeping fluoride out of our drinking water may join me in speaking with
    Dr. Silver Chalfin at 2:30 this Thursday. Her office is at 3313 Chanate Road, Santa Rosa. It is just across the parking lot from Sutter Hospital.

Lynn Silver Chalfin, MD, MPH, FAAP
    Health Officer
    Department of Health Services Administration
    Office: 707-565-4897

Or email her Assistant
    [email protected]

Please call me first, I'm listed in Sebastopol.

Thanks,

Colleen Fernald

50. Gratitude expressed by:

51. TopTop #30
    Marta May

I have never had flouride. My son has never had flouride. We have both had one cavity each in our lives.....He is 23 and had a "white cavity"...no one knows what causes them, they are internal. I am 57 and mine was caused by the scraping of my teeth done while applying the "old style braces bands" I am 58 years old.
    Fluoride is bad news, yet so many people are duped into beliving the opposite....Even people whos intellect I respected. It is as if they were trying to apply nuclear waste to our water because they do not know how else to get rid of it!
    Marta May

52. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: