Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    daynurse

Article: The Unsavory Origins of Chemtrails

Peggy Day
    WaccoBB.net

The sky darkens. The air surrounding the skin presses closer. An electrical scent cloys inside the nose. Above, we see rolling and ominous cumulo-nimbulus clouds lowering themselves toward our bodies and our consciousnesses. The warning signs of the gathering storm hurries us into action. Take cover! Wear a raincoat! Carry an umbrella! Those of us who were asleep as the storm gathered must wake up in the midst of it.

The chemtrail controversy gathered it’s muster while we many of us slept. We ignored the ideologues gathering muster in the Midwest. We slept while the adherents to a racist ideology created the maelstrom of words that was to become the chemtrail conspiracy theory.

After deciding to find out what a chemtrail is and where this neologism began, I began my research. Employing reporting skills I learned long ago, I double and triple checked my facts, added a healthy dose of skepticism, looked to conventionally trained and recognized authorities for information or found direct quotes to explore this subject. My work led me to a surprising discovery.

The two men who crafted the origin of the “chemtrail conspiracy theory” held shocking disparate beliefs from most of my friends. Chemtrail conspiracy theory originated in Ohio in 1995, growing out of what can only be described as an unholy alliance between two characters displaying extremely questionable values. Those two friends were Larry Wayne Harris and Richard Lew Finke.

Back in the nineteen-eighties, Larry Harris of Lancaster, Ohio was questioned about his involvement with the racist organization, Aryan Nations, by the Secret Service in advance of an Ohio visit by then President, George Bush the first.

In 1995, Larry Harris, was working as a septic tank and water well inspector at Superior Laboratories, of Columbus. According to court records, he used letterhead paper from his employer and ordered some bubonic plague bacteria from American Type Culture Collection. ATCC supplies certified lines of bacteria for scientists. Suspicious company representatives notified federal authorities who found little vials of inert bubonic plague in Harris’ glove compartment. At the time of his arrest it was not illegal to possess bubonic plague. Harris was convicted on two counts of mail fraud and one count of wire fraud for misrepresenting information on the purchase request. He received probation. Later, Harris' actions convinced Congress to pass laws making it harder to obtain deadly pathogens like bubonic plague.

Also in 1995, Harris published an book online, Bacteriological Warfare: A Major Threat to North America. The book is described by the Southern Poverty Law Center called a bio-terrorist's how-to manual. Harris is at the top of the list of SPLC’s “Forty False Patriot” list.

In 1998 Harris was again arrested, this time on charges of developing and stockpiling a biological agent, suspected of being deadly anthrax, and conspiring to use it as a weapon. According to an affidavit filed with his arrest warrant, Harris told a group the year before of a 1995 plan to "place a 'globe' of bubonic plague toxins in a New York City subway station, where it would be broken by a passing subway train, causing hundreds of thousands of deaths." Harris claimed that he was a licensed microbiologist and that he was employed by the CIA, neither claim has been verified nor is very likely.

Harris has since published another online book, Encyclopedia of Bioterrorism Defense. The editor and condenser of the first book is Richard L. Finke who, not so coincidentally, published the first known description of the chemtrail conspiracy theory.

Both Finke and Harris were members of the Patriot Movement and the Ayran Brotherhood in 1995. Together they formed a “defensive biowar and disaster recovery” consulting firm called LWH Consulting and peppered the internet with warnings about an imminent biological attack from Iraq. Critics maintain that the deluge of warnings did not hurt sales of the online books.

Richard Fink
    Richard Finke described himself as a “righteous dude” and was the station manager of Right-wing Christian radio station, WLRY. The station schedule reflects a continuous line-up of radio pastors and Christian music designed to “take back Rock ‘n Roll”. Links from the radio station website reveal a disturbing rightwing platform. It links to sites with names like, Be a Voice - For Life, American Center of Law and Justice, and World Watch Daily, many of which linked directly to CNN news programs. One, such link, called Black Genocide, led to a site defining black genocide, not as the systematic and planned extermination of an entire national, racial, political, or ethnic group, but as the results of actions of the African-American girls and women who have abortions. This quote is on the home page: “The most dangerous place for an African American to be is in the womb of their African American mother.”

The first known description of the “chemtrail conspiracy theory” appeared in a 1997 post to a now-defunct internet newsgroup called BIOWAR-L. Moderator, Wes Thomas of Forestville, Ohio, was concerned about the similarities in symptoms soldiers developed after the Persian Gulf War. By creating the USENET group, Thomas presented veterans with a new venue for gathering and comparing information and organizing their actions. Veterans eventually forced the US Government to acknowledge the syndrome which was later named after the Gulf War.

A description of the chemtrail theory by Ric Finke, was posted as a warning on Sept 18, 1997 about “lethal contrails overhead”. Liberally scattering exclamation points throughout the lengthy post, Finke announced that he possessed the results of a laboratory test of fuel and water samples in Maryland and Pennsylvania finding a toxin called ethylene dibromide (EDB) related to “lines in the sky.”

“The lines filling our skies are not contrails. The lines are dispersed and may linger for hours, slowly filtering down…(C)rops are dying. EDB is just one more avenue for the NWO (New World Order) folks to starve us to death and make us ill by weakening our already compromised immune systems…. the chemical may also cause sterility. Doesn't that fit into their plan for population control? …
    “REPOST FREELY
    “We now have proof that our goverment is using chemical agents on populated areas they are adding it to military jet fuel. Have you ever looked up at a vapor trail behind military aircraft flying so high a symbol of Americas power. Look again!!
    “When you look up ... you see the military aircraft making patterens across the sky with their vapor trails. The smoke is thick and does not go away. When it comes in contact with the sunlight it turns to a purple color, then despots into a over cast Purple Haze.
    “(T)his whole thing stinks of a Goverment DePopulation Program.” [typos intentionally left in]

This one writing contains most of the unique elements of later chemtrail discussions:
    1. The condensation lingers - for hours and hours.
    2. A sinister group is deliberately killing ordinary citizens. The trails are being used as a means of population control.
    3. It is part of chemical and biological warfare. Chemical agents are being added to jet fuel
    4. Aircraft produce patterns across the sky.
    5. Weather control, geo-engineering, reduction of ozone damage. (this added at a later date)
    I wanted to contact Finke for a copy of the lab results but discovered, alas! that he had died on May 5, 2011. However, self-described journalist, Jay Reynolds, did receive a response to a query to Finke who wrote that he would not be able to produce a copy of the lab results. “I vouch for the veracity of the report's scientific info but must remain silent concerning the lab itself...there were about seven men who died nastily getting this information out.”

Larry Harris was also active in the contrail controversy online, writing about his theories of bioterrorism and describing various "fuel sample results". As with Finke, not one of the original laboratory documents has ever been made public.

The actual word “chemtrails” made it’s first appearance on January 8, 1999, in the article, “Contrails --- Poison From the Sky”, written by William Thomas. It was used by Thomas in follow-up radio appearances with a demonstrably worried host, Art Bell. Immediately following the interview, Bell observed the chemtrails over his Nevada home and soon became ill.

Will Thomas
    Will Thomas, another online book author and seller, has been speaking and writing about chemtrails since 1997. His writings are often self-contradictory. One critic writes, “For the very few who actually believe that chemtrails exist, having a spokesman who has lied time and time again about the existence of chemtrails can only present a hindrance ... it shows dramatic evidence of a man promoting a scam...for profit...and not a concerned individual interested in the welfare of the average citizen.”

The mainstream press hasn’t completely ignored the topic. The New York Times published chemtrail articles in 2002 and 2006 as well as a movie review in 2005 containing these ironic words: “this remarkable phenomenon completely ignored by the mainstream press.” The topic occupies a huge bandwith on the internet with a plethora of internet blogs and homemade websites.

Recently, the Pacific Sun published a well researched article which provides a fairly neutral description of the elements of the chemtrail conspiracy theory.

I am proud of my fighting Irish heritage, my young years spent protesting for Civil Rights and against the Viet Nam War, my three daughters and three grandsons, and of my two award winning television shows for Cable Access Television in Petaluma and Marin. Several of my previous articles have appeared in the West Marin Citizen newspaper. Oh, and I made a living as an emergency room nurse.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 9 members:

3. TopTop #2
    podfish

Re: Article: The Unsavory Origins of Chemtrails

Good post. It'd be interesting to see a companion post that attempts to give context and a player's roster of any more credible supporters of chemtrail theory.
    And to be fair and balanced in my nit-picking: it'd be nice if the author who rips people for using too many exclamation points new when to use "it's" vs. "its".... !!!!!

4. TopTop #3
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by podfish: View Post
    Good post. It'd be interesting to see a companion post that attempts to give context and a player's roster of any more credible supporters of chemtrail theory.
    How about writing it?

5. TopTop #4
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    How about writing it?
    Are there "credible supporters"? I've yet to hear of any, which is why I'm not personally at all worried about chemtrails. So I wouldn't have anything to base an article on!
    However, there are people here who seem to feel there's danger in them. If they know of any comparable article, it'd be instructive. After my recent posts saying you can't dismiss the message solely because of its baggage, it'd be more hypocritical than I'm willing to be if I were to totally dismiss chemtrails because of these clowns' involvement. However, I'll still dismiss them since I don't know of any serious evidence supporting their existance.

6. TopTop #5
    "Mad" Miles

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"new when"?

Et Tu Poddy!?!!!!!! (Extra exclamation points added just "for" you. And to be clear, I too am irritated when I see grammatical errors. The confusion of "its" and "it's" didn't jump out at me in Daynurse's piece. But, thaas'cool.)

Ms. Day,

Thank you so much for your work. Excellent! When I first heard of "chemtrails" in the late nineties I read as much as I could stand online for hours and hours. What I found was a daisy chain of self-confirming websites and citations among a small coterie of "believers" and promoters.

But I didn't document my findings. You have documented yours and we all owe you a debt of gratitude.

Now, as you fully know, prepare for the onslaught of abuse that will be directed your way concerning nefarious interests with whom you will be accused of being allied with, a dupe of, etc.. You know the drill.

If you ever write a guide to investigative journalism, please let me know! Any leads on existing guides would be appreciated.

You Go Grandma!!!

7. TopTop #6
    Iolchan

Been Done

Quote podfish wrote:

As I have stated already in the thread that Peggy Day, daynurse, initiated, "Reporter seeks unbiased information on Chemtrails"
    you will find, if you check out Story #9, of Project Censored, in their Top Ten Censored Stories of 2011, a source that is very credible, Global Research, and an article that does validate the reality of "chemtrails," and elevates it out of the "conspiracy theory" category.

Rady Ananda wrote:

"... At a recent international symposium, scientists asserted that “manipulation of climate through modification of cirrus clouds is neither a hoax nor a conspiracy theory.” The only conspiracy surrounding geo-engineering is that most governments and industry refuse to publicly admit what anyone can see in the sky or discover in peer-reviewed research. The Belfort Group, has been working to raise public awareness about toxic aerial spraying – popularly known as chemtrails. However, scientists preferred the term ‘persistent contrails’ to describe the phenomenon, to move the inquiry away from amateur conspiracy theories.

"Dr Vermeeren, Delft University of Technology, presented a 300-page scientific report entitled, “CASE ORANGE: Contrail Science, Its Impact on Climate and Weather Manipulation Programs Conducted by the United States and Its Allies.” {{- click for a pdf of the document.] He stated clearly: “Weather manipulation through contrail formation… is in place and fully operational.”

Vermeeren mentioned a 1991 patent now held by
    Raytheon, a private defense contractor, with: “18 claims to reduce global warming through stratospheric seeding with aluminum oxide… thorium oxide … and refractory Welsbach material. Authors of the study expressed concern that Raytheon, a private corporation, makes daily flights spraying these materials in our skies with minimal government oversight. Raytheon is the same company that holds the HAARP contract with the U.S. "

Source: https://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=20369

Atmospheric Geoengineering: Weather Manipulation, Contrails and Chemtrails
    ,” Rady Ananda, July 30, 2010, Global Research.

Please check out, and click on the
    links that are provided above, embedded in the text, and also, please watch the series of videos that are offered below. That is, unless you have an adult form of ADD, or really "don't have the time" to concern yourself with serious issues like health, and Life & Death {megadeath} &
    genocide.

The people who organized and attended the Belfort Conference are scientists, folks, not mid-western neo-Nazi idiots. The authentic Neo-Nazis are the men who run N.A.T.O. They are the genocidal maniacs, who are employing the Final Solution of chemtrails to depopulate the world. [
    Google Advanced Search: chemtrails, "final solution" ]

A Series of Videos of the Belfort Group
    Conference/Symposium on Chemtrails,
    on May 29, 2010, in Brussel, Belgium :

https://www.youtube.com/v/92oIV--YBO...layer_embedded

Very, very Seriously,

Mark Walter Evans

Last edited by Barry; 05-30-2012 at 11:39 AM.

8. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

9. TopTop #7
    Phred

https://theintelhubradio.com/2011/02...eeds-billions/

also take a look at Evergreen air's website, last I looked it stated under their 747 tanker page that it was also useful for "weather modification" as well as it's fire fighting capabilities.......Evergreen has also been associated with the CIA.......there are definitely more questions than answers to this debate......Phred
    Last edited by Barry; 02-08-2012 at 08:56 AM.

10. Gratitude expressed by:

11. TopTop #8
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by "Mad" Miles: View Post
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"new when"?

Et Tu Poddy!?!!!!!!
    doh...

12. Gratitude expressed by:

13. TopTop #9
    Jay Reynolds

Chemtrails Redux with Jay Reynolds

Hello, Peggy. I am the Jay Reynolds you mentioned in your article. I, too was disappointed to find that Richard Finke had passed away. I think that he did eventually do some good in his life, yet despite numerous attempts to contact him over the years, I was never able to do so. Very few people understand how the strange idea that has taken on a life of its own came from such an origin, and if more actually did, the more reasonable among them might come to understand how a mountain has been made out of a very small mole-dropping.

If anyone wants to see more of the origin story, here is what I found a decade ago:
    https://goodsky.homestead.com/files/evolution.html

My other articles on the subject, circa 2002, accurate but regretfully quite out-of-date:
    https://goodsky.homestead.com/files/index.html

I am frequenting a message board hosted by the largest online resource pertaining to chemtrails:
    https://contrailscience.com/

Message Board:
    https://metabunk.org/forums/9-Chemtrails

Best Regards,
    Jay Reynolds

14. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

15. TopTop #10
    Glia

In 2007 the "Investigation Discovery" channel ran a series called "Best Evidence." One of the episodes was on the subject of the "chemtrails"; they covered the origins of the conspiracy theory and also did a very common-sense investigation: they got some jet fuel from a regional airport, did an extensive chemical analysis of its components, then burned it in a scale-model jet engine in a sealed chamber and analyzed everything that came out of the test jet engine. They found... nothing unexpected and none of the alleged substances in the chemtrails.

The series is available on Netflix. The chemtrails investigation is episode 3:
    https://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/B...?trkid=2361637

Happy informative viewing!!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Jay Reynolds: View Post
    Hello, Peggy. I am the Jay Reynolds you mentioned in your article. I, too was disappointed to find that Richard Finke had passed away. I think that he did eventually do some good in his life, yet despite numerous attempts to contact him over the years, I was never able to do so. Very few people understand how the strange idea that has taken on a life of its own came from such an origin, and if more actually did, the more reasonable among them might come to understand how a mountain has been made out of a very small mole-dropping. ...

16. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

17. TopTop #11
    Glia

This entire issue and discussion reminds me of the allegations of "the government" keeping extraterrestrial spacecraft and bodies hidden away at various military installations. It is simply not possible for human beings to keep something like that a secret, especially considering the hundreds of people who would have been involved in such alleged operations. (Ben Franklin had a pithy quote along those lines.) If there was ANY legitimacy to the chemical contrails or the aliens, it would have come out by now.

18. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

19. TopTop #12
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Glia: View Post
    ... It is simply not possible for human beings to keep something like that a secret, especially considering the hundreds of people who would have been involved in such alleged operations.... If there was ANY legitimacy to the chemical contrails or the aliens, it would have come out by now.
    the thing is, a lot of the advocates of these kind of issues think it has come out, but that there are forces at play to devalue the evidence and discredit those in the know. If you look at Mark's posts, you'll see he references individuals, organizations, dates, and programs. The great thing Jay brings to this is the ability to refute give alternate explanations for Mark's arguments. Jay's analysis is convincing, and hasn't been rebutted in turn.

But I try to take the lesson of the boy who cried wolf to heart. Sometimes there are wolves. And sometimes people plot against the paranoid.

I don't get to set the standards for debate, sadly - but what I wish people who do advocate for these unlikely scenarios would do is to focus on bolstering the weak points of their arguments. Bring in a dead bigfoot, dammit! .. well, bad example. I don't want to see a dead bigfoot.
    Actually, even acknowledging that the evidence is weak or ambiguous would be nice. I love the arguments in the physics world. Physicists are great at saying "if this is true, most of what I think I know will have to be completely re-evaluated." and meaning it, while at the same time having great confidence (because of evidence and analysis) that what they do think they know is correct. I just wish my math was good enough to understand more of it than I do.

20. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

21. TopTop #13
    MichelleHeart

Hello and with all due fairness and respect, I wish to contribute that during my 'master gardener' class through
    UC Davis held in Lake County, it was entirely admitted that yes the state does spray for various insects, otherwise
    known as 'chemtrails'. Yes, there is no problem if we need to know they actually exist. I personally would find it a fascinating discussion, even a slide show ---great!, to listen to Iochan/ Mark with whoever contributes, to explain the difference and discuss various cloud formations. (I have other friends on my FB page that occaisionally show and discuss this subject as well). I do think that good manners in honoring good will with this frustrating situation is in order. Thanks for your attention, Michelle Heart .

Quote Posted in reply to the post by podfish: View Post
    I'd probably attend, but I don't think pictures of clouds are going to do it for me. If the conspirators have indeed managed to prevent anyone with any connection to mainstream academia or businesses engaged in some sort of aerospace business from talking in public, they've got me successfully duped. Same as for global warming.

A couple of voices on the fringes of the field aren't going to do it. There have been those, with Daniel Ellsberg and "Deep Throat" as examples, who were (relatively) lone voices when they started. But in both cases, not only did they provide evidence but they showed the way more evidence could be accumulated. That's not happening here - only claims that we don't understand the evidence already in front of our eyes.

22. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

23. TopTop #14
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by MichelleHeart: View Post
    ... it was entirely admitted that yes the state does spray for various insects,...
    sure, and there is also some weather modification going on. The "chemtrail conspiracy" totally distorts the amount and the secrecy of the spraying, though.

In the 80's I was in the south bay, when the Medfly panic was at its peak. A friend of mine claims that a couple of the copters involved deliberately matched his speed on the highway and hosed him down a bit. I do know that a lot of the people who had to handle malathion felt it was harmless. I bet they're covered with purple spots today... but anyway, that's more what I expect from a government spraying program. No secrecy, but instead some kind of semi-blundering and half-ineffective effort. When the do get around to weather-modification to deal with global warming, I bet they put us straight into an ice age.

24. TopTop #15
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Several longish posts revisiting the more basic question of whether Chemtrails exists, including some posts by Jay Reynolds who was mentioned the article by Peggy Day have been moved to WaccoTalk in thread named "Chemtrails Redux with Jay Reynolds"

25. TopTop #16
    Iolchan

Quote Glia wrote:

... It is simply not possible for human beings to keep something like that a secret, especially considering the hundreds of people who would have been involved in such alleged operations.... If there was ANY legitimacy to the chemical contrails or the aliens, it would have come out by now.
    podfish wrote:

the thing is, a lot of the advocates of these kind of issues think it has come out, but that there are forces at play to devalue the evidence and discredit those in the know. If you look at Mark's posts, you'll see he references individuals, organizations, dates, and programs. The great thing Jay brings to this is the ability to refute give alternate explanations for Mark's arguments. Jay's analysis is convincing, and hasn't been rebutted in turn.
    As things stand, I have answered "Jay's analysis" in detail. I posted it on this thread, but it was moved to the "Chemtrails Redux" thread.

Quote iolchan wrote:

Answering Jay Reynolds Point by Point

(For the sake of Clarity, I have left my original words in Black, shaded Mr. Reynolds points of contention in Red, and set my present, point by point answers in Green...)

iolchan wrote, quoting Deborah J. Whitman of www.environmentalvoices.org :

"Scientists and governments refer to, what is commonly known around the world as Chemtrails (not to be confused with normal jet contrails), as Stratospheric Aerosol Geo-engineering (S.A.G.). It has been documented, as far back as the late 1980’s, that the United States (U.S.) Government has been conducting covert S.A.G. programs. These covert operations are now being conducted worldwide throughout the U.S. and N.A.T.O. countries on an on-going daily basis. This program is a global covert operation."...

Last edited by Barry; 05-30-2012 at 11:40 AM.

26. Gratitude expressed by: