Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    silkworm

Mazda Passenger Side Mirror Replacement

It smashed into little bitty pieces in a frightful dramatic moment while driving.
    Ordered new one through Mazda Dealership in San Rafael and it is not the right one (too small).
    Is the only one in their inventory-was a special order. If Mazda doesn't carry their own car mirrors, who does?
    is a 1996 Mazda Protege. Do you think I can cement one in there that doesn't fit exactly . . . better than nothing?
    Any suggestions ? Much appreciated.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Mazda Passenger Side Mirror Replacement

Google: Mazda replacement parts.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by silkworm: View Post
    It smashed into little bitty pieces in a frightful dramatic moment while driving.
    Ordered new one through Mazda Dealership in San Rafael and it is not the right one (too small).
    Is the only one in their inventory-was a special order. If Mazda doesn't carry their own car mirrors, who does?
    is a 1996 Mazda Protege. Do you think I can cement one in there that doesn't fit exactly . . . better than nothing?

3. TopTop #3
    Imagery

Please realize the fact that a passenger side mirror assembly for a 16 year-old vehicle isn't a very popular selling item, and would probably be a waste of resources to stock this item. I'm certain it's frustrating, to say the least, having to drive down there a second time in order to get the right mirror. Making sure you have the right replacement part ensures it fits correctly. I assume you value the car enough not to simply glue something on and hope it stays on.

4. TopTop #4
    Barrie
    Supporting member

Pick'n'Pull. Take some one who knows how to remove the mirror from a car. Barrie

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    Google: Mazda replacement parts.

5. Gratitude expressed by:

6. TopTop #5
    Marty M

Hello Silkworm,
    I bought a replacement tail light for my older car on ebay.
    Write to me if you need more detail on how I did it.
    Marty

7. TopTop #6
    AllorrahBe

Check with Kate at K-TECH!!

8. Gratitude expressed by:

9. TopTop #7
    sophiopia

salvage, salvage and more salvage...it does a body good!!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Imagery: View Post
    Please realize the fact that a passenger side mirror assembly for a 16 year-old vehicle isn't a very popular selling item, and would probably be a waste of resources to stock this item. I'm certain it's frustrating, to say the least, having to drive down there a second time in order to get the right mirror. Making sure you have the right replacement part ensures it fits correctly. I assume you value the car enough not to simply glue something on and hope it stays on.

10. TopTop #8
    silkworm

Re: HEARTFELT GRATITUDE re Mazda Side Mirror Replacement

A few folks recommended Pick N' Pull (Windsor; also one in Richmond and perhaps other locations "car dump-junk yard") to see if I could find a replacement passenger side mirror. One amazing lovely soul was kind enough to even research my car/model to see if it was there and emailed me that information. Of the two cars there like mine, one did not have a mirror and one did ! Instead of having to pay close to $200 for an entire new element, plastic plate and mirror, I was able to get just the little mirror part for around $11. Barry, I cannot thank you enough for creating this networking site for us progressive, humanistic, caring people !

One way I can say thank you I can do is send you a humble donation which I will do very soon.

We even stopped at the Salv Army '5 stores of different merchandize' in Healdsburg before returning home ! Namaste to all of you. Gena

11. Gratitude expressed by: