Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Marty M

A Question For Ubaru

Hello Ubaru,

I am just curious and had a question, I would appreciate knowing.

Are you receiving money, benefits, or any other compensation for posting on waccobb.net?
    Or will you possibly receive money, compensation or benefit in the future for these posts?
    Or will someone you are close to receive any compensation or possible future benefit?

If you are someone other than Liz or Ubaru does the real you receive, or may receive in the future, money, benefits, or any compensation for posting on wacco?

Does compensation for you or someone close to you depend on a future outcome?

From the very first post I read of yours several months ago I have had a gut feeling (apologies to Dixon) that you are very possibly being paid for these posts.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I do not mean anything negative towards you or what you say by asking these questions. Much of what you post is interesting and informative. I was just curious.

Thanks,
    Marty
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    rossmen

Re: A Question For Ubaru

ubaru if you don't answer this publicly then i and probably others will assume that it is true. you are a paid flack for libertarian propaganda!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Marty M: View Post
    Hello Ubaru,

Are you receiving money, benefits, or any other compensation for posting on waccobb.net?
    Or will you possibly receive money, compensation or benefit in the future for these posts?
    Or will someone you are close to receive any compensation or possible future benefit?

If you are someone other than Liz or Ubaru does the real you receive, or may receive in the future, money, benefits, or any compensation for posting on wacco?

From the very first post I read of yours several months ago I have had a gut feeling (apologies to Dixon) that you are very possibly being paid for these posts.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I do not mean anything negative towards you or what you say by asking these questions. Much of what you post is interesting and informative. I was just curious.

Thanks,
    Marty

4. TopTop #3

Quote Posted in reply to the post by rossmen: View Post
    ubaru if you don't answer this publicly then i and probably others will assume that it is true. you are a paid flack for libertarian propaganda!
    Hey Rossmen,

I have a feeling that you are a paid shill for the Obama administration.. Don;t ask me why I think this, its just a feeling... Anyways, you need to provide me with your tax returns from the past 10 years or else I and many others will just assume that your a paid flack for neo liberal propaganda!

5. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

6. TopTop #4
    Marty M

Thank you Ubaru for answering my questions.

Ubaru answered "No to all of the questions."

She asked why I wanted to know.

Because it is common practice for marketing companies to pay people to post on discussion boards. Product placement. It doesn't matter to me if someone is being paid, what I want to know is if the information posted is this person's own opinions and thoughts on a subject.

Marty

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Marty M: View Post
    Hello Ubaru,

Thanks,
    Marty

7. Gratitude expressed by:

8. TopTop #5
    rossmen

it is a legitimate question, and i appreciate marty for the response. as for me i struggle to read waccobb, given the love of the rest of my life. i keep coming back for community. no liberal me! i am an anarchist proud and true (practical too). so i have an affinity for libertarians like you? though i think you don't get the value of government to transform reality to a place where we are all free...

online surveys label me (because i guess i think the natural world needs a voice too), as a progressive democrat, even though i am registered republican for many tears, love underdogs yes!

human caused climate skeptics like you and ubaru drive me crazy like science you don't know!!! this is how we got to the opportunity place we are now. i pay for my posts here in time and other loves. if you don't get it i will lovingly shove it up yours...

Quote Posted in reply to the post by someguy: View Post
    Hey Rossmen,

I have a feeling that you are a paid shill for the Obama administration.. Don;t ask me why I think this, its just a feeling... Anyways, you need to provide me with your tax returns from the past 10 years or else I and many others will just assume that your a paid flack for neo liberal propaganda!

9. TopTop #6

it is a legitimate question, and i appreciate marty for the response. as for me i struggle to read waccobb, given the love of the rest of my life. i keep coming back for community. no liberal me! i am an anarchist proud and true (practical too). so i have an affinity for libertarians like you? though i think you don't get the value of government to transform reality to a place where we are all free...

online surveys label me (because i guess i think the natural world needs a voice too), as a progressive democrat, even though i am registered republican for many tears, love underdogs yes!

human caused climate skeptics like you and ubaru drive me crazy like science you don't know!!! this is how we got to the opportunity place we are now. i pay for my posts here in time and other loves. if you don't get it i will lovingly shove it up yours...
    Sorry Rossmen I don't get it.... But please don't lovingly or any other way for that matter, shove anything up mine. Please sir, it's Christmas time. Mind your manners.

Regardless, I knew it all along. What a relief.

10. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

11. TopTop #7
    rossmen

thanks for getting me, whatever that means, i welcome you to name it. in this dark time, a animist pagan i admit it!!! understanding is a value i welcome it. may waccobb be a place where we can all share our true nature and be known no matter what the consequence, the future is unknown...

Quote Posted in reply to the post by someguy: View Post
    Sorry Rossmen I don't get it.... But please don't lovingly or any other way for that matter, shove anything up mine. Please sir, it's Christmas time. Mind your manners.

Regardless, I knew it all along. What a relief.

12. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

13. TopTop #8

Quote Posted in reply to the post by someguy:
    Hey Rossmen,

Someguy, your response made me crack up.

I've had to take some time to know the best way to handle being put on the spot with pointed questions. It was challenging in a good way. I asked myself what kind of community do I need and want to foster here? Here's what came to mind.

I had the unique experience of being raised a Christian Scientist. Although I emotionally left the religion when I was 16, I did retain the best of it--metaphysics and ethics. Part of that experience included living in a Christian Science community where strong ethics were an integral part of the experience.

One of the ethics we lived by was called the Mathew code. It was used for whenever you had an issue with someone else in the community. Step 1 of the Mathew code is going for working it out with that person privately. If that doesn't work Step 2 is taking it to a leader in the community. What happened on this post of asking pointed personal questions, and making a public accusation about another person never happened, and is beyond the boundaries of the code.

I thought I'd share this with the Wacco community to encourage an increased level of respect and honor in the way we treat each other. Because in this way if anyone falters in their behavior, the community is there not to judge, but to lovingly lift them back up like a good friend, coach, or mentor would, pointing them back to their inherent goodness. This creates inclusiveness and a sense of belonging with grace.

I also want to make a distinction between the needs of men and the needs of women in community. What I described is what makes a woman feel secure and safe. Women, at the most instinctual cave woman level, need to feel connection and inclusion which comes by agreeing with each other to feel safe.

Men, at the most instinctual level, need to feel respected and honored to feel safe or they won't be invited to hunt the big game, and will be left to hunting rabbits on their own. Men also express who they are and what they value through their opinions. But we women receive your opinions as judgement and it makes us feel separation, not connection. And if you're a cave woman, and your kinswoman are not sharing with you where the berry markers are, and your tribe is kicking you out into the night with the lions, you're not safe. Connection created by agreement makes women feel safe.

Have you ever noticed who participates in debates on Wacco? It's the men. It's almost never women. As soon as debates get going in a thread, I generally leave the conversation, because I get tension in my body and instinctually feel my safety is threatened. I have to have a victory of my human spirit, which takes some doing, to stay when my instincts tell me I'm not safe. When the debating gets going there's no longer agreement which is what makes women feel connected and safe. But men feel totally at ease debating each other. It's what they are wired to do. So when I hear men debate, and I'm purposefully going for a victory of my human spirit, I make myself listen for their values.

Or if I can make one more distinction I'm also referring to the masculine and feminine in each of us. We all have both.

So regarding what I said above about the Mathew code, living with that level of ethics is an incredible experience because the huge level of safety allows all sorts of creativity to come forth. It's very rich and folks can move through many levels of transformation and greater coherence when they feel that safe.

And I also think one has to take into consideration who they are talking to and adjust their communication to match the person they are communicating with. Male, female, thoughtful introvert, or out there extrovert who can relate well to being publicly hazed.

What I need in community when someone wants to ask me a personal question is to be asked privately. And yes, what I do here is a labor of love.

Peace,
    Liz
    Opt-out of having a smart meter whether you have one now or not, anytime. 1-866-743-0263 24/7 Spread the word. More info here.

14. Gratitude expressed by 13 members:

15. TopTop #9
    Marty M

Hello Ubaru,
    This is a very nice example about how a community can work together smoothly.

I apologize for asking you a question that made you feel uncomfortable and not part of the community. I didn't see it so much as a personal question, but more a question about the political information you have posted. I realize that you have been writing with your heart and soul, a labor of love.

Marty

Quote Posted in reply to the post by ubaru: View Post

I've had to take some time to know the best way to handle being put on the spot with pointed questions. It was challenging in a good way. I asked myself what kind of community do I need and want to foster here? Here's what came to mind.

I had the unique experience of being raised a Christian Scientist. Although I emotionally left the religion when I was 16, I did retain the best of it--metaphysics and ethics. Part of that experience included living in a Christian Science community where strong ethics were an integral part of the experience.

One of the ethics we lived by was called the Mathew code. It was used for whenever you had an issue with someone else in the community. Step 1 of the Mathew code is going for working it out with that person privately. If that doesn't work Step 2 is taking it to a leader in the community. What happened on this post of asking pointed personal questions, and making a public accusation about another person never happened, and is beyond the boundaries of the code.

I thought I'd share this with the Wacco community to encourage an increased level of respect and honor in the way we treat each other. Because in this way if anyone falters in their behavior, the community is there not to judge, but to lovingly lift them back up like a good friend, coach, or mentor would, pointing them back to their inherent goodness. This creates inclusiveness and a sense of belonging with grace.

I also want to make a distinction between the needs of men and the needs of women in community. What I described is what makes a woman feel secure and safe. Women, at the most instinctual cave woman level, need to feel connection and inclusion which comes by agreeing with each other to feel safe.

Men, at the most instinctual level, need to feel respected and honored to feel safe or they won't be invited to hunt the big game, and will be left to hunting rabbits on their own. Men also express who they are and what they value through their opinions. But we women receive your opinions as judgement and it makes us feel separation, not connection. And if you're a cave woman, and your kinswoman are not sharing with you where the berry markers are, and your tribe is kicking you out into the night with the lions, you're not safe. Connection created by agreement makes women feel safe.

Have you ever noticed who participates in debates on Wacco? It's the men. It's almost never women. As soon as debates get going in a thread, I generally leave the conversation, because I get tension in my body and instinctually feel my safety is threatened. I have to have a victory of my human spirit, which takes some doing, to stay when my instincts tell me I'm not safe. When the debating gets going there's no longer agreement which is what makes women feel connected and safe. But men feel totally at ease debating each other. It's what they are wired to do. So when I hear men debate, and I'm purposefully going for a victory of my human spirit, I make myself listen for their values.

Or if I can make one more distinction I'm also referring to the masculine and feminine in each of us. We all have both.

So regarding what I said above about the Mathew code, living with that level of ethics is an incredible experience because the huge level of safety allows all sorts of creativity to come forth. It's very rich and folks can move through many levels of transformation and greater coherence when they feel that safe.

And I also think one has to take into consideration who they are talking to and adjust their communication to match the person they are communicating with. Male, female, thoughtful introvert, or out there extrovert who can relate well to being publicly hazed.

What I need in community when someone wants to ask me a personal question is to be asked privately. And yes, what I do here is a labor of love.

Peace,
    Liz

16. Gratitude expressed by 9 members:

17. TopTop #10
    Moon

Too tacky.

18. TopTop #11
    podfish

It was challenging in a good way.
    thanks for that reaction - I think that was the right way to take it, especially when he pointed out the context in which his question was asked. Someguy's response was cute, too, though, I agree.

19. Gratitude expressed by:

20. TopTop #12
    rossmen

hi ubaru,

i don't think it was a personal question. and i did wait two days before repeating it. no accusation intended, just an example of how your up to then nonresponse could be interpreted.

as far as pulling the gender card, that is your stuff. you are more active than i on waccobb. if you chose to stop contributing to a thread then i can give you lots of examples of how that might be interpreted. now the top one will be, as a woman ubaru is uncomfortable with controversy.

the truth is i don't know, that is the nature of online community : )

and we find the truth in this virtual world by challenging each other with questions. everything i write online i am very very clear about what it means to me because it is not private. i like to keep my posts short, and always welcome questions.

Peace,
    Liz

21. TopTop #13
    Claire

That was an interesting response, Ubaru, hale of heart and thoughtful.
    And yet...
    what do we really know?
    What I see is a huge amount of material posted in your name and I know that well-written material does not write itself. It has to take an amazing amount of time to write this many articles and posts.
    So regardless of your response, I think it's appropriate to be skeptical.
    Why not?

22. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

23. TopTop #14

Life Vest Inside - Kindness Boomerang - "One Day"

Opt-out of having a smart meter whether you have one now or not, anytime. 1-866-743-0263 24/7 Spread the word. More info here.

24. Gratitude expressed by 5 members: