Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

Inviting your free speech on my FB page...

Please see these backgrounder comments re: Cheney; that's the context for my re-thinking my progress on not hating this war-machine/man.

FYI, I am in facebook contact with a bunch of folks I went to school with, from 4-11th grade in Columbia, S.C.
    Rion, the fb commenter below, is one of them.

One thing I would add to my comments on what would Jesus do about war w/Iran; I'd bet he'd advise us to take the portion of the "Defense" Dept. budget spent on strike first missions of choice, and invest it in really clean, green power generations systems to sell to Iran, and anyone else. By de-funding all optional conflicts; we could instead invest in "Made in America" products and services, to better compete with China, and others.

Then we can shut down ALL nuclear power plants, and rest with the peace of mind, and REAL security of everyone's needs being met without harm to each other, nor our environment.

Requesting your guidance, on the merits of our collective will of love, or hate; towards those who lobby for "The Bush, (and now Obama, & always Cheney) Doctrine" of strike-first use of force; at home and abroad...

Response to Cheney hospitalization

https://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/...ia=blog_513247

...It would be very easy to wish Mr.Cheney ill will on his way out; but in my book, wishing harm, is as bad as doing it.
    I know very well how powerful wishes can be. I may have harmed myself just for wishing bad stuff on others.
    If I wish him harm, I am no better than him - even with the ocean of blood on his hands...

Cheney is the face of EVIL!!!

https://www.facebook.com/people/Colleen-Fernald/1305943925#!/

Cheney urges “a quick airstrike” against Iran
    www.salon.comMr. Torture thinks President Obama should risk war to recover a downed drone.
    Michael Buchanan Cheney is indeed a reptile! A cold blooded one at that.
    Rion Spangler this man has give his life for the USA and ppl like you. 33 years of age on a presidental cabinet . what were you doing at 33 Michael ????? let me guess complain lololol

Colleen Fernald
    WHAT WOULD JESUS DO ABOUT A DRONE THE SPIED UPON FOUND Rion?

What would the US do if it found a downed spy plane; return it with no questions asked?

I think Jesus would rather we fund missions of DEFENSE ONLY; NEVER OFFENSE - EVER! And never, ever continue to fund missions based on lies; especially when OUR future generations will be paying for this debt, while our quality of life here further deteriorates; and more innocent lives are lost each day, here and abroad, to our UNfunded and UNCONSTITUTIONAL "wars" of choice, NOT necessity.

All Jesus would want for his birthday; is a cease fire for all! This gift is a victory for everyone.

The gift everyone in America deserves is; indefinite incarceration for all the war criminals - WITH DUE PROCESS (every suspect deserves this, even the guilty): Bush, Cheney, Obama, etc. etc...

Colleen Fernald BTW Rion, Michael makes art, not war. He's a photographer. We are very lucky to have paradise here in Northern California; as both our background, and foreground.

As for me, by running for US Senate; I'm making it my job to end all unconstitutional use of force; and get all voters/Occupiers, to force all elected officials to rescind all illegal war powers given to the President.

When I ran in the 2006 Democratic Primary, as the UN-Politician with: no political experience (other than "Occupying" local government meetings weekly, since 2001); less than 3 months, (and only part time); just under 5 grand; very little campaign help, or advertising - I got nearly 200,000 votes.

More importantly, the voters and I got the sitting Senator, Feinstein, to introduce a bill for the #1 priority in my platform; ending PL 107-243, the (unconstitutional) use of force in Iraq.

BTW, I don't love you any less, just because I see you've bought into the misguided Cheney/Bush missions and policies.

Though shall not kill; does not have a clause in it to cover what Cheney, etc. have forced our forces to carry out. This is part of what post traumatic stress is about. Their hearts know the mission is wrong; and the brainwashing done to them doesn't work well, with those who are not psychopaths.

I honor those who serve, even if they don't know that the mission is unethical and illegal. I serve them, by insisting they only be called in the service of defense.

I want the California, South Carolina, and every state's National Guard brought home NOW, ready for any kind emergency. We are LESS safe when they are forced to serve on foreign soil.

Love your neighbor as yourself - applies to all races, religions, and even those with no religion, or different personal choices. As long as we do no harm, we are entitled to our freedom.

We will never be a free country, when members of our armed forces, and domestic law enforcement; are tasked with orders for offensive use of force, not defense.

I am counting on my brothers and sisters, from both the progressive left coast, and conservative southeast coast to survey our common ground values, and insist our local, and federal funding reflects this; so we can reclaim our Constitutional Rights, social and environmental rights; and recover what is truly great about our nation, once again.
    :cowboy: :cowgirl:

With LOVE & PEACE!,

Colleen Fernald
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2

Re: Inviting your free speech on my FB page...

Please cast your vote, and use your voice for TRULY secure energy and foreign policies...

https://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/...ny?detail=hide

3. TopTop #3
    handy

Re: Inviting your free speech on my FB page...

Hi Colleen,
    Thank you for the thoughtful essay. It gives me hope to see the drift of consciousness toward a more libertarian view of reality from both the Democrat and Republican extremes.

One of the general patterns we need to keep in mind is the fact that if we want to change direction rapidly and smoothly, we have to Slow Wa-a-ay Down. The faster we go, the harder it is to change direction, until we come up on a "Bounce or Break" situation such as we have coming.

All of the localization, the getting to know our neighbors, the local, face to face cash/barter/handshake and a smile, true free market exchange, the withdrawal from debt, the withdrawal from dealing with large government protected banks and corporations, all are manifestations of the beginning awareness that it is All moving too fast.

To me, in the next presidential election, Ron Paul is the nearest thing to a reasonably soft bounce that we can hope for. Everyone else continues the status quo, accelerating toward a worldwide welfare warfare militarized
    police state.

If you believe in:
    Peace on Earth, Goodwill toward Men...

If you:
    Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you,

Then it isn't even really a choice.

Ron Paul is the only sane human running. The rest are power-hungry sociopaths.

Good luck in your congressional aspirations. (Learn from Dr. Paul.)

Best regards,

on a lighter note, here's my favorite inspirational blues/gospel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3XP3iyUqdI

Enjoy.

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: