Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    mamaj

Family needs urgent help

I am a single parent on a very tight income,I thought I would never need to ask for help like this, but I need to for my family. We are running out of propane any day now .We can smell the fumes which is proof.I am not asking for anyone to send me $$ personally,and this is not any type of scam. Heap energy assistance cannot help ,or Salvation Army at this time. We use propane to keep us warm,hot water,and for cooking. If any one can help us we would GREATLY appreciate it. A donation of $200.00 will fill it enough to last us through the middle of January.Christmas is hard enough for a single parent household,I cannot even get my family Christmas gifts. Local programs do not provide for teenagers,which is sad . But if I can keep us warm,and provide warm meals and hot water for bathing etc.,at least we will have that. Our propane company is: Blue Star propane located at: 880 N. Wright Rd.,Santa Rosa,Ca. 95407 Phone# (707) 546-1400 . My account # is:09-1008852. A payment of at least $ 200.00 is requested BEFORE they will deliver.You can also contact me at (707) 875-9442 to verify, or to refer me to someone who will help us immediatly. Thankyou & God Bless- Let's all have a happier holiday season
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Shandi

Re: Family needs urgent help

You might try calling the Rotary Club of Santa Rosa, 707 538-4770.

Also I found these possible resources:
    Financial assistance for paying rent and utility bills

Contact Friends in Sonoma Helping to apply for programs that may be able to help you pay your utility bills and rent expense. The non-profit runs several assistance programs for low income and other people who need help. They offer emergency assistance for rent and utilities, including funds for paying electric, gas, water, and heating bills. Call them at (707) 996-0111.

North County Community Services (707) 433-6161 - The agency offers rental assistance and funds for security deposit payments through HCA funds and the Season of Sharing Information and referral on Homelessness Issues. They also have money to pay utility bills, such as electric, water, and gas bills. Healdsburg CA

Petaluma People Services - The agency runs assistance programs designed to prevent homelessness by assisting low-income households with back rent, deposit or critical. They also have funds for paying utility bills, medications, and other expenses. Call (707) 765-8488.

I'm hoping that some of our wealthy wacco members will offer some help to you. I wish I was one of them.

Sandy
    Last edited by Barry; 12-14-2011 at 09:22 AM.

3. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

4. TopTop #3
    silkworm

My heart goes out to you; I am glad to see the referrals you did get and I, too, hope that some kind souls on this network could help you out - even 4 people at $50 each or 8 people at $25 each.

If you do not get this need met and repost, asking for $10 contributions from 20 people, I would contribue. That is all I could do - I know it is difficult to ask for this level of help and acknowledge you for doing so. gg
    Last edited by Barry; 12-14-2011 at 09:23 AM.

5. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

6. TopTop #4
    sharingwisdom

I offered to contribute but did not hear back.

7. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

8. TopTop #5
    Moon

Until we get control of the US government out of the hands of the big corporations,
    i'm living on less than $10k/year. If the agencies to which you've been referred don't pan out,
    would the propane company accept $5 donations from a lot of people until the total reaches > $200?

9. Gratitude expressed by:

10. TopTop #6
    AJL

I could share some ideas on how to save energy in your home and install some low cost energy conservation measures for you if you are in Sebastopol.

There is also a help line in Sonoma County with information to assist you by telephone if call 211.

I hope to hear from you and look forward to being of service.
    Last edited by Barry; 12-14-2011 at 09:24 AM.

11. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

12. TopTop #7
    mamaj

Family in urgent need of help

I have recieved some nice response from very nice folks out there.Thankyou for your suggestions. I called all the programs people contacted me about, with no success in help. None of them help out here in Bodega bay,bummer. Another suggestion was to ask people to call in,or mail or deliver in person donations to our propane company. This can really work . So if any one could donate at least $10.00 it would take 20 people to do this,$20.00 would be better then we would only need 10 people to make a donation etc. I have until Dec.15 th to order the propane since they only deliver in Bodega Bay on Fridays. They charge $100.00 extra to deliver any other day of the week. If any one can donate we still urgently need it,and you also let me know so I can let the propane co. to keep track of the money and to order their delivery a.s.a.p. Propane co. is Blue Star Propane lacated at 880 N. Wright Rd. Santa Rosa,Ca. 95407 Phone: (707) 546-1400. Our account number is:09-1008852 . Sure hoping and praying we can get it filled,we are trying to not use it for heat, and it's #!#*! cold! PLEASE HELP-

13. TopTop #8
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Family in urgent need of help

I kicked in $10. I put in on my credit card and the whole thing took about a minute. Anybody else want to contribute?

Also note there is Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) program
    Last edited by Barry; 12-14-2011 at 09:24 AM.

14. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

15. TopTop #9
    Magick

I'll put in $10 tomorrow. Blessings, Magick

16. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

17. TopTop #10
    Shandi

Correction!! Is Wacco a "conscious, compassionate" community? We'll know soon!

Contributions may be called in to Blue Star Propane, 707-546-1400, for account # 09-1008852.

With only 3 days left to fill the tank for $200; it's necessary to get donations in quickly. So far, I've seen 3
    offers posted of $10each. It would only take 20 members contributing $10, or 10 members at $20 each.
    I'm very surprised that this hasn't happened yet. I bet a few of our members could even provide the entire amount. I know we're not all poor in this community. I hope we show that we're not "poor in spirit".

Imagine that this is your family; that this mother is your daughter, sister, aunt, or your own mother.
    Would you help then? Would you hope that your community was "conscious" and compassionate?
    We never know when we may be in need of help.

I know what it's like to be without heat in the coldest time of year, struggling to think of what to do without the needed funds to buy a furnace. This went on for two weeks. It would have taken a lot more
    than $200 to make it happen. I was finally able to get an advance from my employer.

This is a very stressful and depressing situation. Depression can lead to tragic consequences.....
    A small donation can make a big difference.

Think about your holiday list, and see if you're willing to include this family in your "gift giving".
    Let's show up as a community when it really counts. If you can't give $10, how about $5 or $1?
    You could even go as far as giving up one cup of coffee from your favorite place, to help this family have
    heat, hot water, and a way to cook.

I've suggested certain resource organizations, but none of them will provide help.

Comments are welcome, but only with a donation!
    Last edited by Shandi; 12-14-2011 at 09:05 AM. Reason: correct number

18. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

19. TopTop #11
    Marty M

I also donated $10.00.

Marty

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mamaj: View Post
    I am a single parent on a very tight income,I thought I would never need to ask for help like this, but I need to for my family. We are running out of propane any day now .We can smell the fumes which is proof.I am not asking for anyone to send me $$ personally,and this is not any type of scam. Heap energy assistance cannot help ,or Salvation Army at this time. We use propane to keep us warm,hot water,and for cooking. If any one can help us we would GREATLY appreciate it. A donation of $200.00 will fill it enough to last us through the middle of January.Christmas is hard enough for a single parent household,I cannot even get my family Christmas gifts. Local programs do not provide for teenagers,which is sad . But if I can keep us warm,and provide warm meals and hot water for bathing etc.,at least we will have that. Our propane company is: Blue Star propane located at: 880 N. Wright Rd.,Santa Rosa,Ca. 95407 Phone# (707) 546-1400 . My account # is:09-1008852. A payment of at least $ 200.00 is requested BEFORE they will deliver.You can also contact me at (707) 875-9442 to verify, or to refer me to someone who will help us immediately. Thank you & God Bless- Let's all have a happier holiday season

20. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

21. TopTop #12
    silkworm

I called in $10 moments ago. Please let us know what your balance due is so we can gauge.
    From what I see here, you likely have around $70-$100 - but perhaps some people donated without acknowledging directly on this site. If you let us know, perhaps more people will contribute. LOVELY PEOPLE - TIS THE SEASON. I don't celebrate Christmas, nor give gifts - I give all year round - and this is the TIME TO GIVE ! and it is a collective, progressive effort in a time of a basic survival needs that NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO BEG FOR IN THIS COUNTRY. And here we are. We are very cool, feeling people in Barry's community. $10 to you feels like $1,000 to this woman and her family. and, now a days, $10 is like giving up 2-3 cups of coffee. Gena Galenski

22. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

23. TopTop #13
    Shandi

I lam thankful for the generosity of the feeling people in Wacco. So far it doesn't seem like enough
    money is going to come in, with one day left. But maybe people have donated without sharing that
    information. Wouldn't that be great? One day before we find out the "compassionate nature" of our
    very own community. Imagine that $200 has so much power to alleviate one family's suffering for awhile.

I remember when I needed funds to pay for a needed surgery on my cat, and I got $75 in donations
    from only 2 people! I was amazed, and thankful. Saving that cat, saved my life....but that's another story.
    I'm sure many of us have stories about how someone's generosity has made a difference in our lives.

I hope that this family will be able to experience what it feels like to experience the true compassion and
    spirit of this community.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by silkworm: View Post
    I called in $10 moments ago. Please let us know what your balance due is so we can gauge.
    From what I see here, you likely have around $70-$100 - but perhaps some people donated without acknowledging directly on this site. If you let us know, perhaps more people will contribute. LOVELY PEOPLE - TIS THE SEASON. I don't celebrate Christmas, nor give gifts - I give all year round - and this is the TIME TO GIVE ! and it is a collective, progressive effort in a time of a basic survival needs that NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO BEG FOR IN THIS COUNTRY. And here we are. We are very cool, feeling people in Barry's community. $10 to you feels like $1,000 to this woman and her family. and, now a days, $10 is like giving up 2-3 cups of coffee. Gena Galenski

24. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

25. TopTop #14
    Gina Williams

I woke up this morning and my house was cold! I've lived on the coast in the winter for just 1 month, with only a lousy disk heater and it was really hard. I remembered the posting from yesterday and called Blue Star to put $20 on Mamaj's account. It was fast and easy, your credit card will not be kept on file and they were happy to take a payment in any amount. If you feel moved to help out, it is actually very easy to do so. Blessings to all, Gina

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    I lam thankful for the generosity of the feeling people in Wacco. So far it doesn't seem like enough
    money is going to come in, with one day left. But maybe people have donated without sharing that
    information. Wouldn't that be great? One day before we find out the "compassionate nature" of our
    very own community. Imagine that $200 has so much power to alleviate one family's suffering for awhile.

I remember when I needed funds to pay for a needed surgery on my cat, and I got $75 in donations
    from only 2 people! I was amazed, and thankful. Saving that cat, saved my life....but that's another story.
    I'm sure many of us have stories about how someone's generosity has made a difference in our lives.

I hope that this family will be able to experience what it feels like to experience the true compassion and
    spirit of this community.

26. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

27. TopTop #15
    sharingwisdom

Re: Correction!! Is Wacco a "conscious, compassionate" community? We'll know soon!

I contributed $75 this morning. I remember when I moved to California many years ago, and though married, we had no money for wood heat. I went outside to get warm because we lived under the Redwoods and it was warmer outside. And then when we had children, their father would not let us warm the house in the morning because we were leaving for work. It was so cold! I trust that with $105 so far, 10 members at $10 each should help this family get some heat.

Contributions may be called in to Blue Star Propane, 707-546-1400, for account # 09-1008852.

With only 3 days left to fill the tank for $200; it's necessary to get donations in quickly. So far, I've seen 3
    offers posted of $10each. It would only take 20 members contributing $10, or 10 members at $20 each.
    I'm very surprised that this hasn't happened yet. I bet a few of our members could even provide the entire amount. I know we're not all poor in this community. I hope we show that we're not "poor in spirit".

Imagine that this is your family; that this mother is your daughter, sister, aunt, or your own mother.
    Would you help then? Would you hope that your community was "conscious" and compassionate?
    We never know when we may be in need of help.

I know what it's like to be without heat in the coldest time of year, struggling to think of what to do without the needed funds to buy a furnace. This went on for two weeks. It would have taken a lot more
    than $200 to make it happen. I was finally able to get an advance from my employer.

This is a very stressful and depressing situation. Depression can lead to tragic consequences.....
    A small donation can make a big difference.

Think about your holiday list, and see if you're willing to include this family in your "gift giving".
    Let's show up as a community when it really counts. If you can't give $10, how about $5 or $1?
    You could even go as far as giving up one cup of coffee from your favorite place, to help this family have
    heat, hot water, and a way to cook.

I've suggested certain resource organizations, but none of them will provide help.

Comments are welcome, but only with a donation!

28. Gratitude expressed by 7 members:

29. TopTop #16
    Shandi

Gina,
    Your response and donation shows true empathy, compassion, and consciousness. Making a donation is as
    easy as buying something online; the difficult part is being motivated to make a contribution that we know
    will make a difference.

Many of us give gifts at this time, and we hope our chosen gift makes someone happy. Sometimes it does, and
    sometimes it's not really wanted, or needed. And later, this gift is exchanged or "re-gifted". In this situation, there is no doubt that any gift we choose to give this family is desperately needed, and will provide "the joy of warmth" for
    body and soul.

Thank you for your generous gifts of money, and sharing from your own experience.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Gina Williams: View Post
    I woke up this morning and my house was cold! I've lived on the coast in the winter for just 1 month, with only a lousy disk heater and it was really hard. I remembered the posting from yesterday and called Blue Star to put $20 on Mamaj's account. It was fast and easy, your credit card will not be kept on file and they were happy to take a payment in any amount. If you feel moved to help out, it is actually very easy to do so. Blessings to all, Gina

30. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

31. TopTop #17
    Shandi

Re: Correction!! Is Wacco a "conscious, compassionate" community? We'll know soon!

My heartfelt thanks to you for your large donation, and sharing your own story. You are an example of the
    conscious compassion that is possible from this community.

Wishing you unexpected blessings,
    Sandy

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sharingwisdom: View Post
    I contributed $75 this morning. I remember when I moved to California many years ago, and though married, we had no money for wood heat. I went outside to get warm because we lived under the Redwoods and it was warmer outside. And then when we had children, their father would not let us warm the house in the morning because we were leaving for work. It was so cold! I trust that with $105 so far, 10 members at $10 each should help this family get some heat.

32. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

33. TopTop #18
    Shandi

This post was looked at by 341 people, and yet only a few actually donated.

Can anyone who was not moved to contribute even $1, share their reasons?

Please help me understand.

I am a single parent on a very tight income,I thought I would never need to ask for help like this, but I need to for my family. We are running out of propane any day now .We can smell the fumes which is proof.I am not asking for anyone to send me $$ personally,and this is not any type of scam. Heap energy assistance cannot help ,or Salvation Army at this time. We use propane to keep us warm,hot water,and for cooking. If any one can help us we would GREATLY appreciate it. A donation of $200.00 will fill it enough to last us through the middle of January.Christmas is hard enough for a single parent household,I cannot even get my family Christmas gifts. Local programs do not provide for teenagers,which is sad . But if I can keep us warm,and provide warm meals and hot water for bathing etc.,at least we will have that. Our propane company is: Blue Star propane located at: 880 N. Wright Rd.,Santa Rosa,Ca. 95407 Phone# (707) 546-1400 . My account # is:09-1008852. A payment of at least $ 200.00 is requested BEFORE they will deliver.You can also contact me at (707) 875-9442 to verify, or to refer me to someone who will help us immediatly. Thankyou & God Bless- Let's all have a happier holiday season

34. Gratitude expressed by:

35. TopTop #19
    silkworm

Re: Touched by you

Your generosity touches me very deeply. I hope she made it with this major contribution. She will be very close - and I hope she can still get on the delivery schedule for today ! If there is $10-$20 still outstanding, I would contribute more to make up the needed difference to reach her $200 goal. gena

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sharingwisdom: View Post

36. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

37. TopTop #20
    Shandi

Re: Touched by you

My thinking on this is that even if we have, by some miracle, donated over $200. that would mean that
    she'd have a credit towards the next time. I encourage continued giving, rather than just trying to make
    the $200 goal. This would give a little "cushion" for next time, when the need will soon be there again.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by silkworm: View Post
    Your generosity touches me very deeply. I hope she made it with this major contribution. She will be very close - and I hope she can still get on the delivery schedule for today ! If there is $10-$20 still outstanding, I would contribute more to make up the needed difference to reach her $200 goal. gena

38. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

39. TopTop #21
    DianneM

Good morning!
    We have very recently moved to California. We hope to live in a sharing community and a gift economy. This is one way of co-creating this vision. Thanks to Barry and all who have contributed.

We saw this post only last night when the gas company was closed. This morning we made a $20 contribution.

Dianne

40. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

41. TopTop #22
    mamaj

Family urgently needs help

I want to thank all the wonderful ,compassionate people out there in our community who have made donations to help us fill our propane tank. It has definatly been a true heart felt experience for myself and my kids. Like the Dali Llama explains, we all need compassion to live happier more full filling lives. If my experience can recieve help it also proves how the Wacco web site can pull together as a whole community of people trying to make a positive change,even if it means helping my family and I recieve propane. You all deserve a mayjor group hug ! I woke up early this morning and had difficulty breathing,my throat feels like sand paper. My daughter has been feeling the same way and coughing. As of late yesterday we were down to a "0" reading on our tank. It has never been that low before,which is why the propane fumes are stronger.I also have asthma,which makes it harder to breathe these fumes,even with windows open. I am trying to get Blue Star to deliver today a.s.a.p..They told me they would, but need a additional $100 to come out to Bodega Bay on a emergency fill up.They will also charge us $79.00 to "pressure test" our propane system if it gets any lower,or possibly now. If we have to wait until they do their regular delivery, they will have to do the test for sure. Between that and the nasty fumes we are exposed to now, I am working on getting the extra $ 100 fee they are demanding to come here sometime today. We have reached our goal to fill it,so any one who can donate a.s.a.p. this morning will be donating towards the emergency delivery fee. Blue Star propane 880 N. Wright rd.,Santa Rosa,Ca. Phone# 707-546-1400.Account # is: 09-1008852. We GREATLY appreciate all of your caring thoughts and help in this time of need.

42. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

43. TopTop #23
    vobickobi

I just looked at my email last night, too late for contacting Blue Star. Did make $20 contribution just now with credit card and thank all for this effort........Vicki Lessin

44. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

45. TopTop #24
    Gina Williams

Re: Family urgently needs help

You might consider doing some investigation/questioning of this "pressure test" and the fee. I have a friend who did propane delivery to homes, businesses and farms on the coast from Marin to Mendocino for many years and his response when I asked him about the need to pressure test was that he had never even heard of such a thing. From his experience, when a propane tank is empty all you need to do is fill it up and it works.

I want to thank all the wonderful ,compassionate people out there in our community who have made donations to help us fill our propane tank. It has definatly been a true heart felt experience for myself and my kids. Like the Dali Llama explains, we all need compassion to live happier more full filling lives. If my experience can recieve help it also proves how the Wacco web site can pull together as a whole community of people trying to make a positive change,even if it means helping my family and I recieve propane. You all deserve a mayjor group hug ! I woke up early this morning and had difficulty breathing,my throat feels like sand paper. My daughter has been feeling the same way and coughing. As of late yesterday we were down to a "0" reading on our tank. It has never been that low before,which is why the propane fumes are stronger.I also have asthma,which makes it harder to breathe these fumes,even with windows open. I am trying to get Blue Star to deliver today a.s.a.p..They told me they would, but need a additional $100 to come out to Bodega Bay on a emergency fill up.They will also charge us $79.00 to "pressure test" our propane system if it gets any lower,or possibly now. If we have to wait until they do their regular delivery, they will have to do the test for sure. Between that and the nasty fumes we are exposed to now, I am working on getting the extra $ 100 fee they are demanding to come here sometime today. We have reached our goal to fill it,so any one who can donate a.s.a.p. this morning will be donating towards the emergency delivery fee. Blue Star propane 880 N. Wright rd.,Santa Rosa,Ca. Phone# 707-546-1400.Account # is: 09-1008852. We GREATLY appreciate all of your caring thoughts and help in this time of need.

46. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

47. TopTop #25
    Dixon

OK, Shandi, I'll try to help you understand.

I'm one of those unemployed folks who's trying to pull himself up by his bootstraps in this trashed economy. It used to be relatively easy for me to find a job, but no more. Even job interviews that I thought I did extremely well in have not been panning out for me. It's been one discouragement after another. I suspect age discrimination is a factor, but that's almost never possible to prove. My very last Unemployment payment will come early next month; then, I'll have no income at all, unless by some stroke of fortune one of the jobs I've recently applied for comes through for me--though recent experience suggests that's unlikely. Up until recently, I've been allowing myself the occasional movie or used CD, but no more. Now I'm scraping the bottom, wondering how I'm gonna pay for rent and a little food. The specter of homelessness is rearing its ugly head. Last night I got no sleep at all due to the anxiety. I have occasionally helped people who have asked for help on Wacco, but now I just don't have the resources. I look forward to the time I have a job and can once again extend a little help to others.

In the meantime, I'm available for odd jobs, LOL! I'm an excellent editor/proofreader. Also, babysitting, housesitting, housecleaning, lugging things around, driving people or things around, whatever...

I hope that clarifies one factor that gets in the way of people who'd like to be able to donate but can't.

Happy Holidaze--

Dixon

48. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

49. TopTop #26
    Shandi

Thanks Dixon,

Yours is a totally understandable reason....one that expresses the situation of so many.
    I wish I could give you a job! You are wise, articulate, and talented. What kinds of jobs
    have you applied for? What does your search involve? Are you entrepreneurial? Had
    your own business?

If you have a PayPal account, I'd like to send you something. I'm on social security, and
    make a little extra helping people sell stuff on Ebay. I live with 2 other women, so we're
    able to make food that can be shared amongst ourselves.

A few years ago, I had to dig in the bins behind grocery stores, to forage for food that was
    thrown away. I don't know if you've done this, but there's a lot of waste. My only competition
    was the guy that came to load up on stuff for his pigs. One time I found 5 watermelons, and
    10 large bunches of flowers, in addition to other fruit and veggies. Even though I didn't need the
    melons, and especially the flowers, I thought that my neighbors might enjoy them. So, I
    hauled them home, and went to 5 houses, with melon and flowers!

Since I hated to see the beauty of the flowers go to waste, and I still had a lot left over, I
    stopped a few people in a grocery parking lot, and offered them. One woman was very
    suspicious, and said "Why are you giving these to me? No one has ever given me anything!"
    I just told her that I needed to give them away before they wilted in the summer heat. She
    never knew that I had dug them out of the trash bin.... She took that experience with her,
    and had a new story to share!

As for my original question, it seems a little odd that all the people who looked at the post for "Urgent,
    family needs help" are in your situation. I think there may be other reasons, but we may never
    know.

Wishing you unexpected blessings!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dixon: View Post
    OK, Shandi, I'll try to help you understand.

I'm one of those unemployed folks who's trying to pull himself up by his bootstraps in this trashed economy. It used to be relatively easy for me to find a job, but no more. Even job interviews that I thought I did extremely well in have not been panning out for me. It's been one discouragement after another. I suspect age discrimination is a factor, but that's almost never possible to prove. My very last Unemployment payment will come early next month; then, I'll have no income at all, unless by some stroke of fortune one of the jobs I've recently applied for comes through for me--though recent experience suggests that's unlikely. Up until recently, I've been allowing myself the occasional movie or used CD, but no more. Now I'm scraping the bottom, wondering how I'm gonna pay for rent and a little food. The specter of homelessness is rearing its ugly head. Last night I got no sleep at all due to the anxiety. I have occasionally helped people who have asked for help on Wacco, but now I just don't have the resources. I look forward to the time I have a job and can once again extend a little help to others.

In the meantime, I'm available for odd jobs, LOL! I'm an excellent editor/proofreader. Also, babysitting, housesitting, housecleaning, lugging things around, driving people or things around, whatever...

I hope that clarifies one factor that gets in the way of people who'd like to be able to donate but can't.

Happy Holidaze--

Dixon

50. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

51. TopTop #27
    mamaj

Family needs urgent help

At last! We have hot water,a warm house and can cook on the stove/oven again ! Our best wishes for the holidays to all the awsome people in the Wacco community who donated. Also welcome to our world little Izzabella who's parents Jenny & Jim tried for over 15 yrs. to bring their child into their lives. Miracles do happen, and she was definatly a miracle baby! She was born yesterday morning -what a great day it was !

52. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

53. TopTop #28
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Yay! We did it! Thanks all who contributed! Blessings to you and your family, mamaj!

At last! We have hot water,a warm house and can cook on the stove/oven again ! Our best wishes for the holidays to all the awsome people in the Wacco community who donated. Also welcome to our world little Izzabella who's parents Jenny & Jim tried for over 15 yrs. to bring their child into their lives. Miracles do happen, and she was definatly a miracle baby! She was born yesterday morning -what a great day it was !

54. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

55. TopTop #29
    Dixon

Apologies to everyone for having taken this thread a bit off the original topic. I'm just trying to show Shandi the respect of answering her questions--while also putting out my needs in public in case any of you has a job lead to pass on to me.

What kinds of jobs have you applied for? What does your search involve?
    I've been looking for work in the realm of human services, which is where my training and experience mainly lie. For instance, I've recently interviewed for County jobs as a Child Support Officer and a Social Work Assistant, and have another Social Work interview coming up shortly. I still hold out some hope of getting one of these jobs, and know I could do an excellent job in any of these things, but have been disappointed in my job hunt so many times that it's hard to remain hopeful.

Quote Are you entrepreneurial? Had your own business?
    I'm not entrepreneurial. I do much better hooking in to an existing structure. Besides, I have zero money to start any kind of business with.

Quote If you have a PayPal account, I'd like to send you something. I'm on social security, and make a little extra helping people sell stuff on Ebay. I live with 2 other women, so we're able to make food that can be shared amongst ourselves.
    I very, very much appreciate your generous intentions, Shandi, but cannot accept money from someone who's trying to get by on Social Security. You need that money nearly as much as I do. I'll find some other way to survive. But thanks very much for the offer!

Quote A few years ago, I had to dig in the bins behind grocery stores, to forage for food that was
    thrown away. I don't know if you've done this, but there's a lot of waste.
    I did that way back in the summer of '72, as a young street-freek in Boulder Colorado. My impression is that most stores now lock up their trash bins so gleaners can't get to the stuff, but if you know of any places to glean, let me know.

Quote As for my original question, it seems a little odd that all the people who looked at the post for "Urgent,
    family needs help" are in your situation. I think there may be other reasons, but we may never know.
    I'm quite sure you're right about that.

Quote Wishing you unexpected blessings!
    Thanks again, Shandi!

56. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

57. TopTop #30
    Moon

I'm going to be two days late to pay the minimum i have to,
    to keep everything in my storage units from being auctioned off.