Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    silkworm

NO PROGRESSIVE RADIO WAVES, soon

Green 960 AM - Thom Hartmann, Randi Rhodes, Norman Goldman, Mike Malloy - and the rest of the best will soon end (January 3rd, 2012) due to station being bought out - and they eliminating the progressive voice in San Francisco, New York (and another city/area); also changes in KGO Radio will end sooner than that - Karal, and others will be gone - I wonder if they are getting rid of Ray Tailerrfaro - who has been on KGO for likely more than 40 years - and is the passionate voice of liberal reason. We will no longer have any progressive voice on the radio air waves. I don't know about KPFA - if they are even still in business. Gena Galenski
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Hotspring 44

Re: NO PROGRESSIVE RADIO WAVES, soon

Quote Posted in reply to the post by tacitus: View Post
    KPFA can be heard at 94.1 FM throughout the Bay Area. Tune in and support commercial free progressive radio!
    KPFA : https://www.kpfa.org/
    There also is KZYX & Z (from Mendocino County) FM 90.7 Philo, 91.5 Willits and Ukiah, 88.1 Ft Bragg.
    There is also KMUD; Garberville FM 91.1, KMUE Eureka 88.3, KLAI Laytonville 90.3, Shelter Cove 99.5
    and KPFZ in Lake County (also @) FM 88.1
    Depending on your location and radio equipment you may be able to receive one or more of their signals.
    All of thease have live streaming. Also KPFA & KMUD have archived shows. I don't know if KPFZ has archives, KZYX does not.

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    Hotspring 44

BTW, KPFA's signal in some areas gets overpowered from a F'ing Clear Channel station from Lake county :mad: so if you are unfortunate as I am being in a location where that happens you may think KPFA went away; fortunately it did not go away, the coverage is less because of that other transmitter in Lake County Broadcasting on FM 94.1.

The only way I can get KPFA is either go mobile to another location (away from my home) where it comes in or I use the internet.

6. TopTop #4
    Hotspring 44

7. TopTop #5
    forveterans49

I read this earlier and just had to Google to see if it was true. I am stunned and so upset because I listen to Green960 all the time. Used to listen to Ray Taliaferro until I was turned on to Green960. I will be able to watch Thom Hartmann's Show on the Internet but not sure of the other radio personalities. I am so sad and angry at this terrible news!!! I am now thinking they are going to round us all up and lock us into the private detention centers they have. Oh hell! A real sad day.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by silkworm: View Post
    Green 960 AM - Thom Hartmann, Randi Rhodes, Norman Goldman, Mike Malloy - and the rest of the best will soon end (January 3rd, 2012) due to station being bought out - and they eliminating the progressive voice in San Francisco, New York (and another city/area); also changes in KGO Radio will end sooner than that - Karal, and others will be gone - I wonder if they are getting rid of Ray Tailerrfaro - who has been on KGO for likely more than 40 years - and is the passionate voice of liberal reason. We will no longer have any progressive voice on the radio air waves. I don't know about KPFA - if they are even still in business. Gena Galenski

8. Gratitude expressed by:

9. TopTop #6
    silkworm

This is copied from a blog link someone sent me. Sorry, I did not copy the link. Will try to do tomorrow; it really informative.] Two thoughts regarding immediate action that should be taken. First, boycott all advertisers on the rightwing stations. This may require a group effort to document the advertisers and make them known to as many people as possible.

Second, when a license is up for renewal, formally challenge it. This may require the assistance of attorneys familiar with the process who know the best basis to file such objections. Good luck, we have our work cut out for us. Now lets get started. [t [ Ithist

10. Gratitude expressed by:

11. TopTop #7
    silkworm

Here is the link: I regret not giving credit to the person who sent this to me ! thank you.

Mike Malloy wrote on: https://www.bradblog.com/?p=8974

This is copied from a blog link someone sent me. Sorry, I did not copy the link. Will try to do tomorrow; it really informative.] Two thoughts regarding immediate action that should be taken. First, boycott all advertisers on the rightwing stations. This may require a group effort to document the advertisers and make them known to as many people as possible.

Second, when a license is up for renewal, formally challenge it. This may require the assistance of attorneys familiar with the process who know the best basis to file such objections. Good luck, we have our work cut out for us. Now lets get started. [t [ Ithist

12. Gratitude expressed by: