Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    silkworm

From Scott Catamas: Sending Light & Love during a time of grief & gratitude

I am sharing this letter written by my friend, Scott Catamas, whose wife, Shuchi, died very suddenly (over two days) due to a brain tumor. Some of you may know Scott - he is a national/international coach of Non-Violent Communication. I hold him in light and love and ask you to say a prayer for him today. Thank you. Gena Galenski

Dear Friends,

Namaste. At 12:12 A.M. on November 28th, my Beloved Wife Gabriele (aka: Shuchi) took her last breath. I was blessed to be holding her closely at the time, and she was surrounded by dear friends. It was a most gentle and graceful passage.

For those of you who don't know the specifics, here is a very brief recap. Shuchi had been complaining of headaches about a week ago. They became more severe and she started having trouble with her balance and eyesight. By Thanksgiving Day, we knew something was very wrong. On Friday morning, I took her to the hospital. On the drive to the hospital, she lost consciousness and we never really had clear connection again. On Friday Afternoon, around 3 PM, the doctors gave me the news that she had a massive brain tumor (a Glioblastoma) that was very aggressive and had affected 2/3 of her brain. Their estimate was that she had 24 - 48 hours to live.

Many friends immediately started to show up for her, and we had an all night vigil at the Hospital. On Saturday, we were able to arrange for me to bring her home for her final hours/days. We held a beautiful vigil on Saturday Night, with over 50 friends coming over to pray, meditate, reflect and share their love. About a dozen friends stayed the night and she was consistently cared for in the most loving ways imaginable. Word of this sudden turn of events rapidly circled the world via FACEBOOK and I am aware of prayer circles that took place in England, Germany, India, Hawaii and many other states.

Of course, I am personally mourning that my best friend and life partner is no longer in her body temple. I miss her terribly already. However, I am primarily in profound and humble state of GRATITUDE. I am grateful beyond words to SO MANY dear friends who have jumped in and supported Shuchi and I (and our home) at this time. I am also grateful to have experienced a profound relationship and marriage with such a wonderful woman. I will certainly write much more about her in the future; perhaps a book.

Six beloved female friends cleaned her and prepared her in beautiful, sacred ways. We will have a Memorial Service for Shuchi in Marin on Saturday Afternoon (Dec. 3rd) and at Harbin on Sunday Night (Dec. 4th). Details will be forthcoming.

I am far behind in responding to phone calls, emails and Facebook messages. Please be patient with me.
    In lieu of flowers, I honestly could use donations. Shuchi had other health issues that led her to stop working in September, and we have incurred medical expenses and there will be burial expenses. She will be cremated with portions of her ashes going to different locations that were special to her. Your donations would be very, VERY appreciated. You can send donations (as a personal gift) to us via Pay-Pal to this e-mail address: [email protected]

May we all tap into the sweet essence of LOVE that defined Shuchi. She always wanted to be enlightened, to be in a state of ONENESS. Her dream has come true. I believe that we will be able to access her in many wonderful ways. Some of you already have. Jai Ma!

With Love, Care and Gratitude, Scott
    Last edited by Barry; 11-29-2011 at 09:59 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: