Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Marty M

Thank you Fircrest Market!!!!!

Two days ago while paying for my groceries at Fircrest Market I didn't notice that I accidently dropped a $100 bill on the floor. The next day, looking in my purse I didn't have it. I went back to Fircrest yesterday to again purchase groceries and as I was walking out the door I decided to just ask if by any chance they found it while sweeping. They had found it and returned it to me!!!

(They knew it was mine because I had the receipt saying which register I had paid at and they found it on the floor by that register. Also I had folded it in an unusual way and when they found it it was folded in that way.)

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!!!!

Marty
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 9 members:

3. TopTop #2
    AllorrahBe

Re: Thank you Fircrest Market!!!!!

That's what I call "Conscious Community!" I'll be going out of my way to support them when I can.

Rev. Allorrah Be
    Circles of Light Ministries

4. TopTop #3
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Allorrah Be: View Post
    That's what I call "Conscious Community!" I'll be going out of my way to support them when I can.
    Fircrest Market is a great locally owned and operated (the owners are often manning the registers!) grocery store with a good selection of organic produce, fresh wild fish and the lowest prices in town!

5. TopTop #4
    WaccoBB Poet Laureate

We are lucky to have a market like Fircrest in our community: good organic produce, friendly staff and great prices. Dave and Mark Hoffman do a lot to support many local groups and events. I have no reason to shop anywhere else for groceries.

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #5
    Marty M

AND an incredible cheese selection!
    AND divine chocolate!
    Marty

"Fircrest Market is a great locally owned and operated (the owners are often manning the registers!) grocery store with a good selection of organic produce, fresh wild fish and the lowest prices in town! "
    From Barry

"We are lucky to have a market like Fircrest in our community: good organic produce, friendly staff and great prices. Dave and Mark Hoffman do a lot to support many local groups and events. I have no reason to shop anywhere else for groceries. "
    From Larry

"That's what I call "Conscious Community!" I'll be going out of my way to support them when I can."
    From Rev. Allorrah Be

8. TopTop #6
    theindependenteye

Once upon a time I only shopped at Fircrest if I happened to be passing by and remembered that I needed something. Little by little, I began to realize what a truly wonderful place it is, and now it's my main stop. From the still-warm fresh-baked muffins on the way to HardCore for Sunday morning cappucino to the you've-gotta-be-kidding deals on wild salmon, it's special. And I love how it's organized tighter than a Manhattan apartment -- I keep discovering things I never realized they had. Way to go, Fircrest! -- Elizabeth Fuller

9. Gratitude expressed by:

10. TopTop #7
    amalia

We forgot to mention the genuinely friendly employees... Jennifer, Julio, Steve are just some that I've gotten to know personally from shopping there for 20 years.

Amalia

11. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

12. TopTop #8
    Bryan

They have helped our local business with LOTS of help from their wonderful produce department - they have some of the best produce around and they put a LOT of effort into their displays. Thanks to Pete and Ken and all the folks working in that department. And thanks to all the staff who really make effort to be friendly at the checkout.

13. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

14. TopTop #9
    dominus

I shop in Fircrest and have found the prices and people to be some of the best. If anyone has the inclination, I'm sure that posting some positive feedback on yelp.com would be appreciated.

15. Gratitude expressed by:

16. TopTop #10
    Gina Williams

Quote Posted in reply to the post by dominus: View Post
    I shop in Fircrest and have found the prices and people to be some of the best. If anyone has the inclination, I'm sure that posting some positive feedback on yelp.com would be appreciated.
    Great Idea - Yelp is a good place to post feedback.

17. TopTop #11

Quote Posted in reply to the post by dominus: View Post
    I shopped there when I lived in the apartments nearby several years ago. What I liked was that they had good selections & prices, it was always clean, and had great customer service.

What really impresses me is, even now the owners are super friendly to me when we see each out and about in town.

I cannot say the same for the other locally owned Sebastopol market, or big chain ones. When they don't respond well to the issues I bring up, it tells me they don't value my business, so they get a lot less of it, or I drop them completely.

Once I even saved my grocery receipts from another store to show the manager of WF just how much their poor practices was costing them.

I can't say I'm proud to get my coffee at the Safeway Starbucks, but they open real early, they are fast, and rather friendly too.

Only other local places to get coffee where I find great service, and the bonus of organic, fair trade beans, are the 3 Roasters locations: Andy's, Forestville, and the one near Fircrest.

The owner of a Sebastopol coffee shop used to be really nice and fun; then she make a huge mistake and never fixed it. Not only did they lose the average $1000 per year I spend on my daily cup of joe; but also all the promotion I had freely given their business, and extra biz from having personal and business meetings at their place.

Also, after many years of enjoying Aroma Roasters in SR, I will NEVER go back, after the horrible treatment from the owners to myself and others in my group. Very sad to see loyal customers treated so poorly. Our group would spend about $30 per week there. I'm sure the others will also be sharing how rotten the owner's behaved on several occasions; my experience was not just one bad incident.

I usually share what's not working well in a polite manner, and give them the chance to correct the issue. The owners of Aroma Roasters would probably do their mental health some good by finding a different line of work.

When money is tight, and competition is too; teaching excellent customer service skills by example, is the most important key to success; and perhaps the most overlooked aspect of business.

Thanks for giving me the chance to offer my views of the stars, and ones to avoid.

PEACE!,

Colleen Fernald

18. TopTop #12

Forgot to mention Hardcore, as one of the best coffee spots in town, in their fun & friendly way.

I enjoy the trivia, having a place to post fliers, and nearly always seeing a friend or 2 there.