Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Stepping Back, Taking Stock and Giving Thanks

I, like you I imagine, get caught up with the challenges of day to day existence. It can seem like it's just turning the wheel. Sometimes it's hard, sometimes just mundane.

The current state of the evolution of humanity can give one pause as well.

Thanksgiving provides a wonderful time to step back and take stock. Even if times are tough, as I know it is for many of you, there is still much to be grateful for!

There's the beautiful and blessed part of the planet that we are privileged to live in, our loved ones, our communities and our health - even if it's accumulating bits that aren't quite right.

We certainly live in interesting times! While it's true that storm clouds have gathered, there's also much light energy that has been engaged.

Stepping further back (or is it forward?) there's the realization that we are the "
    Eyes of the World". You and I get to witness the majesty of the universal energy as it unfolds and manifests. We all play our small roles, whether we like it or not. It's really quite something. We are alive and conscious! That's the fundamental thing.

The fact that we have shelter, even if the walls could use a new coat of paint, there's good food to eat that comes either from our own toil or the generosity of our brothers and sisters, is also a blessing. However, the simple fact of consciousness is something not to overlook and to be grateful for. It comes from the same universal consciousness that we all share. It is all that is.

Thanksgiving is a great time roll it all the way back, and as much a possible, honor and be in gratitude to be alive, for each and every gift flows from that. Close your eyes and try that on for a bit and then open them and see the blessings that abound!

I also want to give my warm appreciation to each and every one of you out there! It's your participation (whether it be by posting or reading) that makes WaccoBB the amazing resource that it is. And a special thanks to all of you that go further and actively support me and the site by being a supporting member, alerting me as needed, catching my typos, helping at events, and sharing your feedback. Thank you!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Barry
    Last edited by Barry; 11-22-2018 at 01:23 PM.

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Stepping Back, Taking Stock and Giving Thanks

Here's a TED talk and film that was curated by Julia Bystrova and the Heart and Soul Group of Transition Sebastopol followed by her full message. Enjoy!

Barry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXDM...ature=youtu.be

Hello Wonderful Transition Community,

We wanted to take a moment to express our deep gratitude for this amazing community and for all the ways each of you make it what it is and have shown up with your unique gifts. THANK YOU!!

And thank you for caring for the planet, our society and each other in the ways that you have.
    We are on this bridge from an old, outdated paradigm to something better that we are going to create together. We may not know the overall picture, but I do know that with the kind of folks we have along(YOU!), we have a lot of reason to be hopeful and excited about the possibilities.

A few thoughts for the day:

While we think "Buy Nothing Day" is a fantastic idea to promote, let us remember that it doesn't apply to supporting our local community members and artisans who offer their products and services and who deserve our support! When and if you do shop tomorrow or this holiday season, we would like to thank you for shopping local. And, of course, we also highly encourage all the creative ways we can use second hand items or making it ourselves.

The "Heart and Soul" of Transition is about nurturing our community and each other, to be the most loving, vibrant and psychologically/spiritually resilient community possible-- which includes looking at the shifts in perception and attitude we are needing at this time in history. The Heart and Soul group is actively looking at more ways for folks to get involved and help to collaborate in this collective vision. Meanwhile, we solicit your ideas and suggestions!

Here are a few gifts for your inspiration:

A great Ted talk on gratitude:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXDM...ature=youtu.be

There are many views and opinions about the phenomena of the Occupy movement. One very articulate vision can be found here. It is quite aligned with the Heart and Soul vision for our Transition Movement as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRtc...ayer_embedded#
    !

If you would like to join us for a rich time exploring inner resiliency,

please register for the "Inner Tools for Transition" tele-seminar at:
    https://transitionus.org/event/inner-tools-transition

“Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."

--anonymous

At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.

-Albert Schweitzer

See you in community!

with warmth, love and gratitude,
    The Transition Sebastopol Heart and Soul (also called "Inner Transition") Team

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email