Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

THRIVE movie and discussion

I'm sure many of you have already seen the advance buzz, and perhaps even a few of you have seen the new movie Thrive. This sounds like it will significantly advance conversation about how society should evolve while supporting many of our values.

Debra Giusti is hosting a showing at the Masonic Hall in Sebastopol this Thursday "with post film discussion with Economic Experts". Details are here. Sounds like a great event and it will be fun to watch it and discuss it in community. I plan on being there.

Since the topic is central to our community, let's begin the discussion here in General Community.

For those of you who can't make it Thursday night, here's a low-resolution full-length version! It should look fine as long as you keep the window relatively small.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=kdGi6Q3N9tY#!

I haven't seen it yet, but I've become more interested in the whole End the Fed movement. I can't say if I think that's really practical or beneficial but I'm starting to think they are onto something!

I encourage everybody to see the movie and let us know what you think!

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    DynamicBalance

Re: THRIVE movie and discussion

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post

I encourage everybody to see the movie and let us know what you think!
    Wow.

Where to begin?

I guess I was expecting it to be an elaborate piece of disinformation, like so many others I have seen. I expected it to hit on a lot of truth, gaining the viewer's trust, only to steer them in the wrong direction with its "solutions". Kind of like the Zeitgeist movies, which are subtle (or not so subtle, depending on your perspective) disinfo pieces that accurately represent many of the problems we face, while presenting a global system of computerized control over nearly every aspect of our lives as the ultimate solution that we should strive for. Yes, that's exactly what I was expecting. The fact that the maker and narrator of the movie is Foster Gamble, heir to the Proctor & Gamble fortune, definitely increased my suspicion.

Well, to say I am pleasantly surprised is a huge understatement. This was a good movie, and the solutions it presented were totally right on! I especially liked the emphasis on overcoming the division between liberals and conservatives. Many liberals seem to have knee-jerk negative reactions to anything they see as conservative, and vice versa. This divisiveness is by design - the globalist elites would like to keep us from coming together around real solutions, and so far their plan has been working marvelously.

Likewise, a great many people (especially here on Wacco) seem to have a knee-jerk reaction to anything they see as even remotely suggesting a conspiracy. Many of the topics raised in this movie have been discussed occasionally on this website, usually with some of the more vocal members loudly interjecting a lot of ridicule. They tend to dismiss the information being presented because the source of information is not accepted in the mainstream (a pretty silly argument when the mainstream media is owned by just a few multinational corporations), or because it subscribes to different political values than that of the detractor, or some other ad hominem argument. It's rare to see actual facts being debated. Which is a shame, because what I have found is that when one looks into these things with an open mind and discernment, it is usually clear that there is some kind of conspiracy or cover-up.

In a way, it's hard to call what is happening in our world a true conspiracy, because while there is a secret element to it, much of the agenda is out in the open. These globalist elites talk about it in public, they write books about it, and they even build monuments describing their plans. They openly use government as a means for suppressing those who stand in the way of their agenda. It is only because we have been so conditioned that we fail to see what is really going on. Many people, once they wake up to the reality of it all, find it hard to fathom that they could have been previously so oblivious to it.

At any rate, I liked the movie, and I think Foster Gamble is legit and not some corporate shill. The solutions he is presenting are things I stand behind wholeheartedly, and they are things that will return the power to the people.

Laurel Blair, NTP
    www.dynamicbalancenutrition.com

4. Gratitude expressed by 7 members:

5. TopTop #3
    sophiopia

Re: THRIVE movie and discussion

I'd like to take a moment, here, and mention a documentary called KYMATICA that i saw a few years back that blew my flip flops off! you can watch it online at:

https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/kymatica/

Another movie I'd like to mention is WHAT A WAY TO GO, Life at the End of Empire:

https://www.filmbaby.com/films/2206

THRIVE looks like a great film! thanks for letting us know about it!

ALOHA ALL!

6. Gratitude expressed by: