Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Margaret & Gary

Victory at Occupy Santa Rosa!

Today at the March and rally at City Hall, a letter was read from the City Manager stating that she asked the police to stand down and allow the tens to be erected at City Hall until the Next Council Meeting on Nov. 1st. The crowd was exultant!

The right of the people to assemble was upheld! And our city took the high road to meet the people.

Here is the scene as hundreds marched through downtown taking one of the lanes, only one bicycle cop occasionally seen, and the Occupiers directing traffic. Go down, visit, hang out, bring food, make all of our presence known and be felt. Rallies are planned for every Saturday at 2pm.
    Last edited by Barry; 10-30-2011 at 10:21 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

3. TopTop #2
    zenekar

Re: Victory at Occupy Santa Rosa!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Margaret & Gary: View Post
    Today at the March and rally at City Hall, a letter was read from the City Manager stating that she asked the police to stand down and allow the tens to be erected at City Hall until the Next Council Meeting on Nov. 1st. The crowd was exultant!

The right of the people to assemble was upheld! And our city took the high road to meet the people.

Here is the scene as hundreds marched through downtown taking one of the lanes, only one bicycle cop occasionally seen, and the Occupiers directing traffic. Go down, visit, hang out, bring food, make all of our presence known and be felt. Rallies are planned for every Saturday at 2pm.
    I encourage everyone to attend the Santa Rosa City Council meeting, Tuesday, Nov. 1. I don't see it on the agenda yet but there will be public comment taken sometime after 5pm. It will be good to pack the City Council chamber in support of the encampment.

https://ci.santa-rosa.ca.us/doclib/a...CC_Agenda.aspx

Several cities, including Petaluma, and Oakland have backed down from confronting the occupations. It's to be seen what the SR City Council will decide, so a critical mass in support could likely influence their decision.

Here is what's happening in other areas:
    https://www.mercurynews.com/top-stories/ci_19222887
    https://www.meetup.com/occupytogether/Grass-Valley-CA/

4. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

5. TopTop #3
    neil
    Supporting member

Re: Victory at Occupy Santa Rosa!

I may not be able to make it to the S.R. City Council meeting in time for the public comments Tuesday, but here is what I would want to say:

"I see the same determination of Occupiers here in Santa Rosa, as I saw from people in Oakland last Tuesday."

Neil