Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    daniel boone

8 Reasons Why You Will Enjoy Letting Me Live With You or in a Tent on Your Land!!!

Ok, so I know this belongs in Housing (and it's still there), but since the housing group is pretty barren these days and since most of the people browsing that forum aren't looking for nutty housing situations like me, I thought I'd try to re-post here.

Hello sweet Waccos! My name is Dan and I will be working in Healdsburg the next couple months before escaping the country in favor of Istanbul. Since I'm pretty penniless after a few failed Turkish ventures, I thought I'd seek friendly folk here who might be able to offer me a place to set up my tent and rest my weary head after a sunup>sundown kind of day. I'll be leaving on my bike bright and early and getting back pretty late so will be a fully peaceful and non-disruptive figment of your environment. Without further ado, I'll introduce you to my list:

1) I am a no maintenance kind-of guy. I will be working super long hours until about Thanksgiving, so really just need a place to hole up. That is not to say I will be hermetical and you will never see my smiling mug. Should you so desire, I promise to cook you a meal here and there (see: blue cheese quesadillas with caramelized onions; see also: cioppino if I can find affordable ingredients).

2) I have almost no possessions, so can't make a mess in your yard, in your barn, in your chicken coop, wherever you put me.

3) I can teach you card games from all over the world (if that appeals), or how to skip a rock perfectly

4) I am great with kids and animals, and animals' kids. So if you need any help in the evenings, I'm sure I can pitch in for ya.

5) I am not a thief, and I won't steal your heart or your cat (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlkoQ4bUE5k)

6) I can bring you goodies from Turkey in late February when I will return to the States. I've been doing this for friends and family for the past couple years, and can certainly manage that for you, too!

7) You can verify that I am a real guy with only positive intentions here:
    https://www.couchsurfing.org/profile.html?id=LLTTR0

8) and here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoIls5IZsvM

Anyway, I have no clue if this will connect me with the right person, but if you or anyone you know can assist me, even just by giving advice, that would be most awesome! If you prefer voice-to-voice over digital interaction, here's my number: 415-827-3945. One Bajillion thanks from me to you in this moment and the next....

With Hope and Giggles,
    Dan

PS: If you have any questions for me, any at all about my life or my goals or anything else, feel free to ask. Okay? Ok!!!!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

3. TopTop #2
    daniel boone

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Will Enjoy Letting Me Live With You or in a Tent on Your Land!!!

I've been giving this a lot of thought, and realize that alternatively, if I can't find cheap housing or a place for my tent, I could commute from Novato (right now the bus trip from Novato>Healdsburg is 7 hours roundtrip!!! Sadly, I'm not exaggerating.) However, being financially strapped, I can't really afford a car yet. Anybody have an idea on how to share a car, or lease a clunker for a pittance? I haven't had a car for years so if this is a stupid or preposterous notion, feel free to laugh out loud (no, really, that's ok). Anyway, nothing seems to be working yet and these commutes are killing me... :(

Ok folks, signing out!!!
    Thanks for any and all insights!!!

Dan

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    gardenmaniac

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Will Enjoy Letting Me Live With You or in a Tent on Your Land!!!

ok so I have no place for your tent but you have won a spot in my heart, two in my mind. Your writing is amazing, turned the corners of my mouth skyward. I wish you the best of fortunes always. Ruth

6. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

7. TopTop #4
    daniel boone

Thanks to all who gave me feedback, shared ideas, and offered assistance and gratitude to me. I just had a family tragedy, so apologize if I haven't responded to you yet. Special thanks to Irena and Michael Walsh (Michael, if you see this, you didn't leave your number with me on the message) for giving me a call. Anyway, I'll be dealing with family stuff a while longer but am still in the hunt when everything has settled.

Again, big humongous thanks so all for your kindness!
    Dan

8. Gratitude expressed by: