Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

What to do if you already have a Smart Meter

You can buy an analog electric meter at your local hardware store, at Allemand Electric Supply in Rohnert Park 707-588-2900 https://www.allemandelectric.com/ for $85, or used, refurbished, and certified analog meters from Real Goods for $49 each ($7.95 shipping) by calling them at (707) 472-2407

‘Smart meter replacement kits’ are now being sold online for $49.95. (See FreedomTaker.com)

Then, hire an electrician to switch it out, and agree to keep his name private. Similarly, use a plumber for the gas meter. Call PG$E and ask them to pick up their smart meter. Send PG$E a complaint letter describing your defense of necessity, and/or a medical waiver letter. Document the ill effects it has had on you and your neighbors, privacy issues, property depreciation, etc. and a bill for changing them out. Send the letter with bill return receipt requested.

Update 12/19/11 I recommend you do not return your smart meter to PG$E as 10 households in Santa Cruz and Capitola who did were targeted as an example and had their power turned off. Activists complained and gave them significant bad press. Then PG$E turned their power back on with a block instead of a meter, and for now, are billing them based on last year's usage. So for now, better to go incognito.

Please see safety tips for installation here: https://www.waccobb.net/forums/showt...022#post142022

If you have a smart meter and you don't want one you can do something about by downloading and submitting this file:
    https://refusesmartmeter.com/A%20Small%20Claim%20With%20Big%20Consequences.pdf

If you don't have a smart meter yet and you don't want one you can do something about it by downloading and submitting this file:
    https://refusesmartmeter.com/Small%2...20Injuries.pdf

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Important new info for those who don't have a meter yet: Being on the Delay list 1(877) 743-7378 to PG$E means you've given your implied consent for installation of a smart meter at a later date. While you're on the phone tell them you don't want a meter at all, you want a NO COST opt out. Then it's REALLY IMPORTANT to following it up by printing out this letter https://refusesmartmeter.com/Small%2...20Injuries.pdf
    make 4 copies (1 for you and 3 to send to the parties listed) certified mail return receipt.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will post what I've come across re: whole house protection systems in the coming days. (But not having Smart Meters is the most desirable solution)

There is a medical Opt-Out Form in the eBook p. 137 here: https://www.waccobb.net/forums/showt...024#post142024

Liz

Last edited by ubaru; 12-24-2011 at 11:42 PM. Reason: New info+ Delay list means implied consent for installation at a later date
    Opt-out of having a smart meter whether you have one now or not, anytime. 1-866-743-0263 24/7 Spread the word. More info here.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2

Re: What to do if you already have a Smart Meter

I just received this recommendation from someone strapped with a Smart Meter aka Radioactive Surveillance Box in Santa Cruz.

"Wrap a nice thick amount of aluminum foil around the meter and make sure to ground the foil to the metal ring around the meter. In this way the meter cannot be read and they will need to send someone out to read it and remove the foil. The aluminum foil stops the microwave transmission and impairs the inner functioning and "transmission" of the microwave.
    This is the good fight."

I don't know if it works or how PG$E will respond. I'm just passing it on.

Update: I've tested this with my EMF meter and putting 3 layers of heavy duty aluminum foil shiny side in over a smart meter does not reduce the EMF's. My friend, who tested this, reports that she is getting severe headaches with and without aluminum foil over her smart meter. (And she's not sensitive to things).

Liz
    Last edited by ubaru; 12-24-2011 at 10:54 PM.
    Opt-out of having a smart meter whether you have one now or not, anytime. 1-866-743-0263 24/7 Spread the word. More info here.

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3

Speaking of aluminum foil, it also works to block the RFID chips in the new CA driver's licenses. I read a post where a man with some sort of legal problems was getting pulled over by the police at least once a month for no apparent reason. Then when his friend was giving him a ride, his friend got pulled over! This made it pretty obvious the police scan our new "enhanced" driver's licenses as we drive by. He then put aluminum foil over his RFID chipped driver's license and voila! The police are no longer pulling him over. Seems like those tin foil hat folks were on to something after all!

So here's another idea for protecting yourself from Smart Meters, or the less Orwellian term, 'Radioactive Surveillance Boxes.' Let's get real folks!

Let's say you refuse to have one installed on your home, but the neighbors were gone or have caved in, and you are getting exposed. Layna Berman mentions that lining the inside of your windows with aluminum screening with an alligator clip attached to a grounding cord, through a window or door, and into the earth will reduce Radio Frequencies greatly. I'd recommend hearing her description of it yourself as these are only my notes scribbled onto a post it note.
    Is This Even Legal? She mentions it in the 2nd half of this audio. I really hope this means you can still see out of your windows :-P

(I found out you can. It's identical to window screens).

Liz
    Last edited by ubaru; 10-09-2011 at 09:46 PM.

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #4

Here's a demo of the difference in radiation before and after applying aluminum foil to your meter. I recommend wrapping it around your meter and grounding it to the metal ring around it.

Update: 12/19/11 I'm not seeing any reduction in EMF's with my EMF detector, or reduction in severe headaches reported by my friend with aluminum foil on her smart meter. Therefore if you have health symptoms I recommend you hire an electrician to swap out your smart meter for an analog one, as per other posts on this thread. And I recommend you do not return your smart meter to PG$E as those who have were targeted as an example and had their power turned off, until activists complained and gave them significant bad press. Then PG$E turned their power back on with a block instead of a meter, and for now, are billing them based on last year's usage.

Oh boy, this one's a sleeper....just make sure to wrap the whole thing so radiation is blocked 360 degress.
    Note: I don't have a smart meter, but I experimented with aluminum screen to block high EMF's from my freezer and I got no decrease in EMF's.

Whoa, iPhones users are living dangerously!

From the comments section of these videos:

So far, the utilities have been pretty dundered-headed. More than one wrapped meter has gone unnoticed by their system. They are huge and slow-moving, like a behemoth, and there is always vulnerabilities.

These meters are so strong, that if only 100th of the signal strength escapes, the data is communicated to the utility. They made them that strong because it suited them, one-size-fits all, not because it was safe for chronic human exposure.

Liz

Last edited by ubaru; 12-24-2011 at 11:17 PM.

8. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

9. TopTop #5

Make your own back-pocket cell phone radiation shield

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4RX...eature=related

Radiation From A Cell Phone Tower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJc43bRx2XE&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

WIFI vs. Wired Computer Connection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flk4Z0tr-_g&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

These are great. They make the unseen radiation seen. And cell phones emit 1/100th the radiation of a smart meter, so the aluminum lined drink box should make a difference.

Liz

Last edited by ubaru; 12-24-2011 at 10:57 PM.

10. Gratitude expressed by:

11. TopTop #6

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to suggest to you all that if you are shielding your radioactive surveillance device with aluminum foil or aluminum screen, please remember to add a sizable piece to the inside wall of your building opposite your meter. These things radiate in all directions.

Better health and sleep to all of you,
    Liz

12/19/11 Update: I'm not seeing any reduction in EMF's with my EMF detector, or reduction in severe headaches reported by my friend with aluminum foil on her smart meter. Therefore if you have health symptoms I recommend you hire an electrician to swap out your smart meter for an analog one, as per other posts on this thread. And I recommend you do not return your smart meter to PG$E as those who have were targeted as an example and had their power turned off, until activists complained and gave them significant bad press. Then PG$E turned their power back on with a block instead of a meter, and for now, are billing them based on last year's usage.
    Last edited by ubaru; 12-24-2011 at 11:05 PM.

12. TopTop #7

CPUC Peevey OK's Analog Meters! (For One Person...So Far)

: Big News,

CPUC President Michael Peevey made a stunning public announcement at the CPUC business meeting yesterday. He told a man who spoke at public comments that he could go back to the analog meter.

Peevey OKs Analogs!

On Thursday September 22, at the California Public Utilities Commission business meeting, President Michael Peevey told Chandu Vyas, who's been suffering from headaches, that he could talk to PG&E and they would provide that he "could go back to the analog meter". President Peevey directed Mr. Vyas to contact Mr. Sidney Bob Dietz, whose number is: 415-973-5921.

If you want to remove your Smart Meter and have an analog restored, contact Mr. Dietz, or contact Thomas Bottorff, 415-973-3889.

President Peevey could not just allow Mr. Vyas his analog, without allowing others, right?

https://emfsafetynetwork.org/?p=5866

Sandi Maurer

www.emfsafetynetwork.org

For the most current EMF news-
    Follow us on Twitter!

Last edited by ubaru; 11-11-2011 at 12:58 AM.

13. Gratitude expressed by:

14. TopTop #8
    Gina Williams

Re: CPUC Peevey OK's Analog Meters!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by ubaru: View Post

: Big News,......
    Below is a message that followed the above...circulated thru the emf safety network.

This is misleading and taking the CPUC bait that once again distracts us.

Peevey only told one person to contact PG&E for an analog. (The Commission signed ruling is only to "delay" the installations of smart meters for those that still have analog meters).
    There is a large law firm and insurance company, right now, devising a template for the utilities protection against customer law suits. There is NO intention to stop this roll out.

Please think this through carefully before emailing the intended deception and distraction and false position of the CPUC. The CPUC is only moving forward with a "delay list" option. They fully intend on deploying on everyone. The CPUC is simply shrinking the numbers of opposition and corralling the opposition for the final attack on those of us remaining.

Deborah

On Sep 23, 2011, at 11:25 AM, [email protected] wrote:
    I have to say that it appeared offhand. He didn't even know the date, in the earlier portion of the segment. I think he erred and said this, to be honest. Or made it up on the spot to look good. Say one thing, do another. But we can try to hold him to this and get it into an official ruling, fast.

Last edited by Alex; 09-25-2011 at 05:16 PM.

15. TopTop #9
    georgiebon

Just wondering if anyone has successfully replaced their SMART meter with an analog meter. And if so, were there any repercussions with PG&E?

You can buy an analog electric meter at your local hardware store, at Allemand Electric Supply in Rohnert Park 707-588-2900https://www.allemandelectric.com/ for $85 or at Real Goods 1 (888) 567-6527, hire an electrician to switch it out, and agree to keep his name private. Similarly, use a plumber for the gas meter. Call PG$E and ask them to pick up their smart meter. Send PG$E a complaint letter describing your defense of necessity, and/or a medical waiver letter. Document the ill effects it has had on you and your neighbors, privacy issues, property depreciation, etc. and a bill for changing them out. Send the letter with bill return receipt requested.

If you have a smart meter and you don't want one you can do something about by downloading and submitting this file:
    https://refusesmartmeter.com/A%20Small%20Claim%20With%20Big%20Consequences.pdf

If you don't have a smart meter yet and you don't want one you can do something about it by downloading and submitting this file:
    https://refusesmartmeter.com/Small%2...20Injuries.pdf

Important new info for those who don't have a meter yet: Being on the Delay list 1(877) 743-7378 to PG$E means you've given your implied consent for installation of a smart meter at a later date. While you're on the phone tell them you don't want a meter at all, you want a NO COST opt out. Then it's REALLY IMPORTANT to following it up by printing out the letter above, make 4 copies (1 for you and 3 to send to the parties listed) certified mail return receipt.

I will post what I've come across re: whole house protection systems in the coming days. (But not having Smart Meters is the most desirable solution)

Also medical waiver form coming hopefully soon. I'm looking ...If anyone comes across one, please post here.

Liz

16. TopTop #10

Is Replacing Your Smart Meter With An Analog One Legal?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Georgiebon:
    Just wondering if anyone has successfully replaced their SMART meter with an analog meter. And if so, were there any repercussions with PG&E?
    Here's some info from a lawyer about that from https://emfsafetynetwork.org/?p=5959

Many people are stuck with a dumb utility meter they don’t want on their home. They call their utility company and ask for the analog meter back and their request is denied. Some people have taken matters into their own hands, bought an analog meter, hired an electrician and swapped the meter. The question whether or not this is legal based on tampering laws has been questioned. The EMF Safety Network hired environmental attorney Rose Zoia to investigate the legal risks of restoring analog meters.

Tampering defined Posted on October 9, 2011 by admin

Q: What is the definition of tampering with an electrical meter?

A: The California Penal Code states tamper “means to rearrange, injure, alter, interfere with, or otherwise prevent from performing a normal or customary function.” With respect to the provision of an utility, it is a misdemeanor to do (1) specified acts with the intent to obtain utility services without paying the full charge, or with the intent to enable another person to do so, or with the intent to deprive any utility of its full lawful charges for utility services. (2)

Those specified and prohibited acts include (1) diversion of utility services, (2) preventing any utility meter or other device used in determining the charge for utility services from accurately performing its measuring function by tampering or by any other means, (3) tampering with any property owned by or used by the utility to provide utility services, and (4) connecting or reconnecting with property owned or used by the utility to provide utility services without the authorization or consent of the utility.(3)

So, tampering is a misdemeanor crime which requires the specific intent to get the utility service for a lower cost than that charged by, among other things, preventing the utility meter from accurately measuring use by some means.

(1)§ 498, subd. (a)(6).
    (2) Id., subd. (b); 18A Cal. Jur. 3d Criminal Law: Crimes Against Property
    (August 2011), § 192.
    (3) Ibid.

Q: Does replacement of a SmartMeter with an analog meter constitute tampering?
    A: “The replacement of a SmartMeter with an analog meter should not constitute illegal tampering unless it is done with the intent to prevent the device from accurately measuring electrical use. Although the disconnection of the SmartMeter prevents it from recording electrical use, if such disconnection is not done with the intent to get lower electrical rates and a working analog meter that accurately records electrical use replaces the SmartMeter , the resident should be clear of any charges of tampering. “
    So it seems as long as you are not attempting to steal electricity, swapping a meter would not be considering illegal based on tampering laws.

From the comments section of this blog post:

Holland Franklin says: October 9, 2011 at 5:36 pm
    I would imagine that legal safety would include returning the Smart Meter to the utility company since it belongs to the utility and not to the residence? How should that be done? Thank you.

admin says:
    October 9, 2011 at 6:02 pm
    This is an important point Holland. The lawyer was looking into this. Will post when I know more. Sandi

Until we find out more, I'd call PG&E to come pick the smart meter up. Update 12/19/11 I recommend you do not return your smart meter to PG$E as 10 households in Santa Cruz and Capitola who did were targeted as an example and had their power turned off. Activists complained and gave them significant bad press. Then PG$E turned their power back on with a block instead of a meter, and for now, are billing them based on last year's usage. Better to go incognito for now.

Liz
    Last edited by ubaru; 12-24-2011 at 11:38 PM.

17. TopTop #11

Get Your Analog Meters Here + Safety Tips For Installation

Buy Your Analog Meter Here

From https://stopsmartmeters.org/2011/10/...og-meter-here/

Posted on October 9, 2011 by admin
    The Real Goods store, located in Northern California, has analog meters for sale, at a reasonable $49 each ($7.95 shipping).

You can order one by calling them at (707) 472-2407.

These are analog meters with a numerical readout (not digital). They are used but refurbished, and their accuracy certified by a firm in Florida. Shipping is FedEx Ground, and it usually arrives in 1 to 2 days for CA addresses. They will also ship out of state. (The photo here is not a direct representation of the meters they sell, but very similar to their model.)

Is changing your own electric meter a crime? Is it “tampering” as PG&E has told people? Basically, no, it does not constitute “tampering”, i.e “a misdemeanor crime which requires the specific intent to get the utility service for a lower cost.” Read more on EMFSafetyNetwork.org

I spoke with Eric Fry at the Real Goods store (which sells solar systems made in the USA), and he says they are going a brisk trade in these meters. He wholeheartedly supports people being educated about their electricity, and people having choices. They do work with PG&E when installing systems, but he doesn’t expect flak from them for freely selling analog meters.

We say, more power to them!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

← Defend Your Analog Meter Part V

**Safety Tips for Installation**

Redi Kilowatt says:
    October 9, 2011 at 6:20 pm
    I want to add that changing out a meter is very simple and quick. If you are changing out a “smart” meter then there is nothing at all to worry about. If a new meter has been successfully installed in an existing socket by Wellington, and it has not arced and started a fire yet, you are good to go.

The most important thing that I want to stress is to turn off all loads being fed by the meter before removing and replacing it.
    Most buildings have a service disconnect located after the meter, it could be a fused disconnect switch or a circuit breaker, turn that off first. If there is no service disconnect, then go to the main load center panel being fed by the meter, there will be a main breaker inside that panel, turn it off. If there is no main breaker, turn off all the individual circuits inside that panel.
    The reason for this is when a load is disconnected, it creates an arc, no load, no arc.

Make sure to take a picture of the reading on the meter that you are removing, and also write it down for your meter reader, because the new meter will be zeroed out.

Carefully snip the seal that has your meter number and a PG&E serial number, pull the seal out and put it back in the ring after you change out the new meter. I have done this hundreds of times in my career, and I have never had one problem in doing so.
    Your meter reader will probably recognize that you have a different style of analog meter, but they don’t care, and most likely will not report it, they are concerned about keeping their jobs, and the more analog meters still in use , the better.
    If you have to do it when it is raining, put up an umbrella the night before, and then put out a dry wood palate or some kind of non-conductor on the ground.

Wear 2 sets of gloves, rubber gloves under good leather gloves (dry of course).

When you remove the “smart” meter from its socket, you might have to gently wiggle it out of the jaws. Then once removed, simply insert the new analog meter carefully (right side up, please) into the jaws, you might have to push hard to do this. Make sure that the new meter is completely snug in the socket, test it by trying to wiggle it, it should not move at all one way or the other. Then you are good to replace the aluminum ring and seal and party on, you are pau hana (done with work). Make sure to remember to turn back on the feed to the load center, the main breaker in the load center, or all the individual circuits in the main panel.

Keep in mind that even though these new radio meters are using your electricity to transmit radio signals 24/7, they only transmit a packet of total usage data every 4 hours. So depending on when you you remove the transmitter, if your meter is actually connected with a data collector, ( most are not, and still need to be read monthly by a meter reader), then PG&E will see a drop of data signal. That is the wonderful feature of the new radio meters, that if working, they can sense a power interruption in a 4 hour block, and will consider it an outage or removal of the transmitter.

That is one of the biggest jokes of all about the new meters, that they can detect power outages. When there is an outage at my house, I am on the phone within one minute to report it. The operator asks if I have any information about what might have caused the outage like : trees, wind, exploding transformers or cut out fuses.

It is the FIFO deal with PG&E, first reported gets to be on the top of the list, and chronologically after that. That can be important in a major storm.

Another tip from a PG&E lineman, if you see any downed power lines, that is the number one priority, and that will get the fastest response.

Liz
    Last edited by Barry; 10-10-2011 at 05:24 PM.

18. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

19. TopTop #12

eBook on Smart Meters & Many Reasons Why You Might Not Want One--Used to Ration Power!

This eBook on Smart Meters covers it all. It's from https://www.refusesmartmeter.com/ Please feel free to download at the attachment below this post.

Chapter Four – Attack on Freedom, Privacy, and Big Brother’s Control of our Lives is an area I'll highlight. In this chapter are several references to the use of Smart Meters to ration power. Yes, you read that right.

One Headline Stands Out....I'll paraphrase it for now:

Midwest Elderly Couple Unable to Turn Up Thermostat When Temperatures Dropped to Freezing Due to Their Smart Meter

I've highlighted certain especially important parts of the table of contents in bold, like the Medical Waiver Form on p. 137.

Liz

Just Say No to Big Brother’s Smart Meters
    Contents......................................................................................................Page No.
    Chapter One - Introduction
    Just Say NO to “Big Brother’s” Smart Meters .……...…………………………………...2
    Sample Sign to be Posted above Your Smart Meter …….………………………………..3
    Resolution Against Smart Meters ………………………………………………………...4
    Smart Meters are Heating Up and Over Charging Customers ……………………………6
    Is the Smart Meter Really Saving Energy Costs? ………………………………………...7
    Federal and State Laws and the Smart Meter Program .….……………………………….8

Chapter Two - The Harmful Effects on Health of Smart Meters and Wireless Technology
    Smart Meters are Part of Electromagnetic Smog ..……………………………………... 11
    From a Group of Medical Professionals in New Mexico.……………………………….12
    From Dr. Mercola of Mercola.com ..…………………………………………………….13
    Smart Meter Radiation No Greater than Cell Phone Radiation - not Harmful?……........14
    New Evidence Identifies Strong Cell Phone Cancer Link ………………………………15
    What Other Countries are Saying About Wireless Cell Phones and Health …………….20
    International EMF Report on Smart Meters by Professor Ollie Johansson……………...27
    New Study – Smart Meters More Powerful than Thought ……………………………...28
    Personal Testimonials of Harmful effects of Smart Meters...............................................28
    Harmful Effects on Employees Who Install Smart Meters ..……………………………34
    “Medusa” Meters will Have More Radiation as Multi-Data Collecting Devices….…….35
    Notes from “Wireless Summit” at the Commonwealth Club, Nov. 18, 2010 ...………...36
    What Can We Do Ourselves to Protect our Homes and Bodies from EMF? ...…………38
    Effects of Wireless Equipment on Pace Makers, etc. …………………………………...39
    “Disclaimer” from Southern California Edison …………………………………………41

Chapter Three - Other Harmful Effects of Smart Meters – Safety and Security
    The Meters Themselves are Not UL Approved or Safe ...................................................45
    Fire Hazards of the Smart Meters .....................................................................................46
    Data can be easily Hacked ................................................................................................47

Chapter Four – Attack on Freedom, Privacy, and Big Brother’s Control of our Lives
    “Horror worlds” Technology vs Freedom ....................................................................... 49
    Who is Liable? The Effect on Land Developers, Landlords, and Realtors ......................50
    Introduction to the video “The Dark Side of Smart Meter”……………………………...51
    Appliances to have Chips in them for the Smart Meters to “talk to”...………………….52
    Power Vs Privacy: Smart Grid Could Turn Appliances into Spies ...…………………...55
    Wired Smart Meters – Would They Be Any Better? ……………………………………57
    Washington Set to Control Your Light Switch …...……………………………………..58
    PG&E Executive Playing the Part of “Big Brother” Spying on Critics ...........................60
    PG&E is Involved in Weather Modification ……………………………………………61
    IBM Promotional Ad Video – “Building Blocks of a Smarter Planet” ....………………62
    Is the Fourth Amendment Becoming Dead in America? ………………….…………….62
    What is Happening in Other Countries? ………………………………………………...63
    London ……………………………………………………………………….. 64
    Possible Prison Sentence for Refusing Smart Meter in Holland ………….......64
    How Smart Meters are Turning Off Appliances in Switzerland ……………... 65
    Smart Grid in Canada – Plans for all of North America ……………………...66
    Other News Stories in Canada and USA ……..……………………………….66

Chapter Five - What Individuals and Neighborhoods are Doing to Stop Smart Meters
    Signs Above Smart Meters, Signs on Lawns, Large Banners, Bumper Stickers ………..68
    Walking Neighborhoods, Leafleting …………………………………………………….68
    Contacting Elected Officials, Speaking at Hearings, Protests …..………………………69
    Personal Meetings with PG&E Representatives..………………………………………..70
    Small Group Chases Wellington Trucks out of Town ...………………………………...72
    Sit Down Protests in front of PG&E Offices …...……………………………………….72
    Rap Song Written to Inform and to Protest Smart Meters ………………………………72
    Positive Newspaper and Media Attention………………………………………………. 73
    Northern California Makes National World Net Daily Article …………………………74
    International News Coverage – Abu Dhabi News ……………………………………...76
    Gutsy Lady Pays for Her Own Newspaper Ad..………………………………………....77

Chapter Six - Successes: Resolutions/Ordinances against Smart Meters and Cell Towers
    Sample Resolutions against Installation of Smart Meters for Board of Supervisors ..…..79
    City of Sanford, Maine, Rules to Halt Smart Meter installation ....…………….……….81
    Walnut Creek may Consider Moratorium on Residential Cell Towers ...……………….82
    City Ordinances Against Smart Meters for Watsonville………………………………...83
    City Ordinance Against Smart Meters for Fairfax …………….………………………...86
    PG&E Takes More Hits ...……………………………………………………………….89
    Smart Meters Refused in Westerville Ohio ...…………………………………………...90
    Marin County Moratorium Passes ...………………………………………………….....91
    Some States are Saying No to Smart Meters and Smart Grid ………….……………….92
    California PUC Finally Rules in Favor of the People …………………………………..92
    Many Groups and Cities Have Filed Protests Against Opt Out Plan …………………...93

Chapter Seven - Legal Actions and Law Suits Concerning Smart Meters
    First Successful Law Suit – Portland, Maine …………………………………………….95
    Small Claims Court Suit …...……………………………………………………………95

Chapter Eight – Who and What are Behind the SmartMeter Program and Why?
    Environmental Objectives – “Save the Planet” – “Preserve Finite Resources” ...……..100
    Political -- Another Form of Cap and Trade through the Back Door ...………………..104
    Financial – Much Money to be Made by Many People……….......................................106
    Who will be Benefiting the Most? Al Gore’s Web ..................……………………….108
    Redistribution of Wealth – It’s no Longer about the Environment ..…………………..110
    Not a New Idea – Implementing 1932“Technocracy”.……………………...………….113
    The Smart Grid Going Global (starting in Italy) ………………………………………121
    Global Objectives Implementing “Smart Growth,” Part of UN Agenda 21 ..………….122
    The Three E’s of Agenda 21 or Sustainable Development …………………………….123
    Agenda 21 and Population Control …………………………………………………….125

Are Smart Meters Part of an Insidious Military Plan? ..………………………………..126
    Smart Meters – No Federal Mandate …………………………………………………..128

Appendix and Bibliography
    FCC Standards and Emissions of Smart Meters ……………………………………….133
    International Radiofrequency and Microwave Exposure Standards …………...………136
    Medical Opt-Out Forms ………………………………………………………………..137
    Petitions opposing Cell Towers and Smart Meters ……………………………………139
    Conclusion ……………………………………………………………………………..140
    Bibliography – List of Recommended Books, Articles, Websites …………………….140
    About the Author ………………………………………………………………………142

Download the eBook here:
    Last edited by ubaru; 10-22-2011 at 12:21 PM.

20. Gratitude expressed by:

21. TopTop #13
    BobHeisler

I'm pasting the content of an email I received from Sandi Maurer last week. If you have a SmartMeter and have concerns about the legal ramifications of having it removed, click on the links below. I think you will find some confort it the information provided.

Many people are stuck with a dumb utility meter they don't want on their home. They call their utility company and ask for the analog meter back and their request is denied. Some people have taken matters into their own hands, bought an analog meter, hired an electrician and swapped the meter. The question whether or not this is legal based on tampering laws has been questioned. The EMF Safety Network hired environmental attorney Rose Zoia to investigate the legal risks of restoring analog meters.

more: https://emfsafetynetwork.org/?p=5959

Also see new post on Stop Smart Meters on the availability of analog meters: https://stopsmartmeters.org/2011/10/09/buy-your-analog-meter-here/

Sandi Maurer
    www.emfsafetynetwork.org

22. TopTop #14
    Sciguy

Re: Get Your Analog Meters Here + Safety Tips For Installation

Buy Your Analog Meter Here

From https://stopsmartmeters.org/2011/10/...og-meter-here/

Posted on October 9, 2011 by admin
    The Real Goods store, located in Northern California, has analog meters for sale, at a reasonable $49 each ($7.95 shipping).

Because of the huge numbers of analog meters being replaced around the country, there have sprung up any number of refurbishers for the analog meters which mostly have decades of life left in them anyway. The old meters are largely exported to people who are glad to get any kind of meter. A bunch of years ago, I bought a dozen such meters from a company called Austin for about $15 each. I installed them around my Sebastopol ranch. Put "refurbished electrical meters" into Google. Even Ebay has some. Thank god for this sanity. When the brilliant state of California decided to replace classic toilets with low flush varieties, their only plan for the older toilets was to put them into a dumpster. Ditto with their brilliant plans for so-called e-waste (dumb, dumb, dumb) but I won't get started.
    Paul Palmer

23. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

24. TopTop #15

"We Wish We Had Known More Before the Meters Were Installed"--Who To Call for Remediation

This letter will be going out to 20,000 people across the Bay Area
    shortly. People are fed up.
    Pass it on....

Jeromy

The health of our neighborhood is being harmed by Smart Meters.

Has anyone in your home experienced headaches, ringing in the ears,
    heart palpitations, trouble sleeping, brain fog and/or fatigue
    during the past three months?

Over the summer PG&E installed Smart Meters at every address in our
    neighborhood. After extensive research, we have found that over ten
    thousand people in California have complained to PG&E and the
    California Public Utilities Commission about these same health
    issues since their Smart Meters were installed. This is a major
    public health issue that is just coming to the surface and we want
    to act now so that we can have our health back.

We live in a building in the Mission and six of the seven residents
    have been experiencing these symptoms since the new meters were
    installed. Three of the women have been having serious migraines
    something they have never had before in their life. My wife, a
    medical doctor, and I, cannot be in our apartment for more than 20
    minutes without experiencing these symptoms. We are being forced
    from our home - but there are few housing options left without the wireless,
    pulsating, microwave emitting "smart" meters. As a doctor, she is
    even more concerned about the health effects on children, pregnant
    women and people with immune disorders. The most sensitive and
    vulnerable among us are being affected tremendously. It is also
    becoming apparent that exposure is cumulative, meaning that people
    who were not electro-sensitive before the new meters are becoming so
    after just weeks/months of exposure.

Will you join our effort?

The most important thing you can do today is to call the CPUC
    President Michael Peevey directly at 415-703-2782. PG&E has stated
    that they will not remove any smart meters (even if a person's
    health is being devastated) until the CPUC directs them to do so.
    You will also want to contact PG&E directly to demand they take out
    your building's smart meters and put back the safe analog meters.
    The number to call to get your meter uninstalled is 415-973-5921
    (Mr. Sidney Bob Dietz) or 415-973-3889 (Mr. Thomas Bottorff). PG&E
    and even our own California Public Utilities Commission will push
    back and stall, but you must insist for the health and safety of
    your family.

Please research this issue for yourself. I wish we had known more
    before the meters were installed, but it is not too late to have
    this reversed. It will take strong public action to remove a
    technology that has been proven to be unsafe for humans. The
    following are websites that we have found to be informative:

https://tinyurl.com/42nhr97
    https://www.magdahavas.com/
    https://asheham.wordpress.com/2011/01/03/smart-meters-and-tinnitus-controversy/
    https://smartmeters.webbery.net/
    https://stopsmartmeters.org/
    https://emfsafetynetwork.org/?page_id=2292
    https://www.electricalpollution.com/smartmeters.html
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precautionary_principle
    Last edited by ubaru; 11-15-2011 at 01:50 PM.

25. Gratitude expressed by:

26. TopTop #16

Press Release: Pg&e Begins Removing ‘Smart’ Meters Due to Health Effects

Very Good News! If you have a Smart Meter and you don't want one, I'd call PG$E and ask them to replace it with an analog meter. Note: I'm still finding out if this means PG$E has stopped installing Smart Meters. I'm going to assume not, until I hear otherwise.

Liz

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Joshua Hart, StopSmartMeters.Org

Tuesday, November 1st 2011 [email protected]

PG&E BEGINS REMOVING ‘SMART’ METERS DUE TO HEALTH EFFECTS
    Widening Call for Immediate Return of Analogs; Disconnection of “Mesh” Wireless Network

SANTA CRUZ, CA.—Just as PG&E enters the final phase of its deployment of wireless “smart” meters in California, the largest of the state’s Investor Owned Utilities (IOU’s) has reversed course, quietly beginning to replace the ‘smart’ meters of those reporting health impacts with the old trusty analog version. Consumer rights and health groups immediately seized on the news, demanding that millions of Californians unhappy with their new wireless meters get their analogs returned immediately at no cost.

‘Smart’ meters are new wireless utility meters being installed as part of the “smart” grid initiative, spearheaded by technology firms and backed by the Obama administration and the Department of Energy. Promises ranging from lower utility bills to enhanced renewable generation capacity have failed to materialize, with widespread reports of higher bills, privacy violations, fires and explosions, and commonly reported health impacts such as headaches, nausea, tinnitus, and heart problems associated with powerful wireless transmissions. Widely disparate political groups- from members of the Green Party to the Tea Party and Occupy protesters have attacked the program, and dozens of grassroots organizations have sprouted up over the past several months to fight what they call an undemocratic, unconstitutional and dangerous assault on people in their own homes and neighborhoods. Dozens of people have been detained or arrested for peaceful civil disobedience and even simply speaking out against deployments.[1]

In California, more than 47 cities and counties have demanded a halt to halt installation, and a dozen local governments have passed laws prohibiting the controversial technology. [2] The ‘smart’ meter issue has further angered a public already seething at the utilities over repeated gas explosions, safety breaches at nuclear reactors, and an increasingly extortionate rate structure. Word of California’s ‘smart’ meter nightmare has spread across the country and around the world, prompting some utilities to place smart meter plans on hold, and recently Nevada’s PUC to call for investigations into the health effects and other smart meter problems.[3]

Now in a dramatic turnaround that could signal the beginning of a widespread recall of wireless ‘smart’ meters, on October 28th PG&E re-installed a classic spinning disc analog meter on the home of Santa Cruz, CA resident Caitlin Phillips, who had been suffering headaches and other symptoms from her ‘smart’ meter. The move comes in response to verbal directives from the California Public Utilities Commission President Michael Peevey, who recently told members of the public that the utility “will provide for you to go back to the analog meter if that’s your choice.” The CPUC has been slow to respond to thousands of ordinary citizens reporting health effects from the new meters.

When a Wellington Energy installer (contracted with PG&E) came to install a smart meter at her home, Caitlin asked the installer to get off her property and not install, because of what a neighbor had told her about possible health damage and privacy violations. “When I returned home later, I discovered a smart meter on my house. That night I awoke to severe anxiety, headache, and buzzing in my teeth, and realized the new smart meter was on the other side of the wall from my bed.” Caitlin reported her experience to PG&E and the CPUC, who both declined to rectify the situation. When the symptoms persisted, Caitlin sought the assistance of the Scotts Valley based group Stop Smart Meters! who provided an analog meter and referred her to a professional who could help her remove her ‘smart’ meter. As soon as the analog was installed, Caitlin’s symptoms disappeared.

Frustrated and outraged about her treatment by the utility and the PUC, Caitlin travelled to San Francisco to speak at a commission meeting on Oct. 20th. About a week later, PG&E crews were at her house replacing her temporary analog meter with a brand new official PG&E analog meter. This is believed to be the first time PG&E have willingly replaced an analog meter on the home of someone suffering from health effects.[4]

An “opt-out” proceeding overseen by an Administrative Law Judge is underway at the CA Public Utilities Commission, yet those suffering (in some cases severe) health impacts have been stuck in limbo as utilities refuse to remove the harmful meters upon request- until now.

“There are hundreds of thousands- if not millions- of people suffering in their homes from forced ‘smart’ meter radiation,” said Joshua Hart, Director of the grassroots organization Stop Smart Meters! “The utilities and PUC’s must respond promptly to all requests that analogs be returned. The alternative is that people will increasingly turn to independent professionals to remove unwanted ‘smart’ meters from their homes, a reasonable action we assert is within our legal rights. Protecting your family’s health is not tampering.”

PG&E and other utilities have also been responding to health complaints by replacing wireless ‘smart’ meters with digital meters that are “wireless-ready.” These digital meters have been associated with health problems from “dirty electricity” frequencies that pass into a home via the electrical wiring. These “trojan horse” meters have been roundly rejected by those who report continuing health impacts after installation. Susan Brinchman, Director of San Diego based Center for Electrosmog Prevention. said “At this point, the burden of responsibility is on the utilities to demonstrate that any new meter they want to install on our homes is safe. Communities have the right to retain analog meters at no extra charge. Period.”
    ~end~

[1] https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...-marin-county/

[2] Full list of opposed local governments: https://stopsmartmeters.org/how-you-...ents-on-board/

[3] https://www.lasvegassun.com/news/201...-investigated/

[4] Video of the switchout can be viewed at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IjC4BEZxLg

--
    Joshua Hart
    Director, Stop Smart Meters!
    https://stopsmartmeters.org

27. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

28. TopTop #17

Our Fight Is Not Over, It's Just Beginning

Quote Posted in reply to the post by I:
    Press Release: Pg&e Begins Removing ‘Smart’ Meters Due to Health Effects
    Very Good News! If you have a Smart Meter and you don't want one, I'd call PG$E and ask them to replace it with an analog meter. Note: I'm still finding out if this means PG$E has stopped installing Smart Meters. I'm going to assume not, until I hear otherwise.
    Liz
    That headline seemed unbelievable to me. Someone immediately wrote this, "I just phoned PG&E... they said they have no mandate to remove smart meters, they were just told to remove the one....

really wish they would take the damn thing off my wall and replace with analog... but at this point, they were uncooperative...

So I contacted Josh Hart to get more info. Here's that conversation:

Dear Liz,
    On no account is the fight over. It is just beginning. Please, encourage people to stand up to the utility, not to expect that now utilities will be acting to give customers choice or consideration. The people who've had analogs installed have gone to incredible lengths to get this---and I know most people cannot come to CPUC meetings to beg.

Please refer people wanting their smart meter off here:
    https://stopsmartmeters.org/frequent...basics/#getrid

Because it will take more effort and more pressure, over a long period of time, from many people, for anything to change in a big way. The big thing here is: "PG&E did it for some people, they can do it for me!"

Sorry, but we all have to be very squeaky wheels.
    --Amy

And the reply from my comment after the article:

This is only the very beginning of the end–there is a long fight ahead. Rest assured that PG&E will continue to blithely install as many ‘smart’ meters as it can. This is a corporate juggernaut, and will require concerted resistance for a long time to come. We’ve already all of us paid for this debacle, and unfortunately, PG&E and the CPUC will likely make us pay for the huge mess it will have created.

Keep on keepin' on,
    Liz

29. TopTop #18

New online SmartMeter Complaint Form, Easy to Submit a Complaint

New SmartMeter Online Complaint Form

SmartMeters bothering you? By filling out the online complaint form below, the following process will occur:

Your complaint will now be stored in a unified database which will allow the SmartMeter oposition movement to accurately gage the amount of people who are concerned about SmartMeters (the utility companies and utility commissions are not sharing the true numbers of complaints). We will then forward your complaint to the appropriate parties who are involved with the SmartMeter issues such as Your State Assemblymember, State Senator, Utilities Commission, Utility Company, local city council, and local law enforcement.

See example SmartMeter Complaint Letter

We will contact you if there are future legal actions which you can participate in. We will also contact you if there are any major updates in the SmartMeter opostion movement. PLEASE SPREAD THIS MESSAGE TO YOUR NEIGHBORS and THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN BOTHERED BY SmartMeters. Thanks, In good health, Marcia

https://www.smartmeterhelp.com/

The site is sanctioned by Josh Hart of https://stopsmartmeters.org/ and is the work of Jeff Nordahl, who opposes SmartMeters and works with Josh.
    Last edited by ubaru; 11-07-2011 at 11:40 PM.

30. TopTop #19
    Buttons

I already have a smart meter installed at my request in May of 2010. I have never noticed anything different in my home or any affect from it. I sympathize with those people who are adversely affected by the smart meters but nothing has changed in our house.
    The one thing that has changed is that I get an email notice from PGE when we are entering a different tier for billing purposes.
    I don't see any reason to change back to the old style meter. As far as I know, the gas meter is still the old style dumb or analog meter.

31. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

32. TopTop #20

Bees and Bats Leave After Smart Meter Installed, Koi Fish Die.....How Far Do They Emit?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by rharmon:
    I already have a smart meter installed at my request in May of 2010. I have never noticed anything different in my home or any affect from it.
    Do you have any pollinators left in your garden?

This woman in Mill Valley, California, lost her long time bee colony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI0J...eature=related

If you have neighbors that also have smart meters, here's a picture at 17:48 of the video The Dark Side of Smart Meters of how big the radiation emits from a typical home in a typical neighborhood; a radius of 92 feet per smart meter. This data and the childhood leukemia caused by radio frequency electromagnetic radiation, is presented by engineer and radiation expert, Rob States.

The Dark Side of Smart Meters

A women at Fairfax's Smart Meter Symposium in September 2011 reported that her healthy koi fish, which are a long lived species, began dying at a rate of one a month after her smart meter was installed.

Another friend of mine reports that her Parkinson's disease advanced at a much faster pace since a smart meter was installed at her home, and her formerly functional, happy boyfriend became severely depressed and verbally abusive. His personality is now unrecognizable.

Another friend's schizophrenic son had more frequent, severe, and longer lasting episodes when their smart meter was installed.

Yet another friend and her husband haven't had a good night's sleep since theirs was installed.

Maybe you can't feel it NOW rharmon, but the human cells still get dumped with calcium, and your DNA are compromised regardless of whether you can feel the effects, which is a severe stressor on the human organism. Premature aging anyone? If you can't feel it's effects on your health yet, maybe you might feel concerned that smart meters are, and will, be used to ration your power consumption, or that your property values have gone down because of it, or that it is a fire hazard.

I'll leave you with this video from Dr. Bill Deagle M.D. which discusses what happens to the human cell, and includes reports about the two elderly, but healthy, ladies who died shortly after meters were installed in his neighborhood. Radiation from cell phones is a Class 2B carcinogen. Smart Meters emit FAR more radio frequencies than cell phones. Dr. Deagle also covers it's use for total control and surveillance as part of Agenda 21.

Death By Smart Meter part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKoiFJFRy0M

Death By Smart Meter part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK67pYmquD8

Why would you want to take the risk of any of these factors?

Liz

33. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

34. TopTop #21

If You Don't Yet Have a Smart Meter, Here's a Link to the Prevention Strategy Thread

If You Don't Yet Have a Smart Meter, Here's a Link to the Prevention Strategy Thread in the Marin section that is a living, breathing, growing thread. Please indicate at the top of the thread if you'd like to follow it.
    https://www.waccobb.net/forums/showthread.php?82590-How-to-Prevent-Smart-Meter-Action-Steps-Flyer-Updated&p=143143#top

Strategy to take note and implement; the 3 Week Plan
    https://www.waccobb.net/forums/showt...143#post143143

Liz

35. Gratitude expressed by:

36. TopTop #22

IMPORTANT: Official Launch of SmartMeterHelp.Com SUBMIT YOUR COMPLAINT TODAY!‏

Today, the EMF Safety Network and Stop Smart Meters! are excited to announce the official launch of our new joint project: SmartMeterHelp.Com This is a website designed with the sole purpose of burying our elected officials, utilities commissions, and health departments with complaints about the debacle that has resulted from the poorly planned, undemocratic, and ill-advised rollout of ‘smart’ meters into our communities.

Whether or not you have lodged an official complaint in the past, please take 5 minutes NOW to file a complaint
    through our new system.

Full details: https://stopsmartmeters.org/2011/11/...meterhelp-com/

Please spread the word to your personal networks, using e-mail, twitter, facebook, and other social media. Let's flood them with complaints!

Thank you for speaking out!

Josh

--
    Joshua Hart

37. Gratitude expressed by:

38. TopTop #23

PG&E Threatens To Disconnect Families Protecting Their Health

PG&E Threatens To Disconnect Families Protecting Their Health

December 12, 2011 by ppjg

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Joshua Hart, Director, Stop Smart Meters!
    Monday Dec. 12th, 2011 [email protected]
    PG&E THREATENS TO DISCONNECT FAMILIES PROTECTING THEIR HEALTH

Hundreds of Households Having SmartMeters Removed as Health Toll Mounts

Capitola, CA- Last Wednesday, more than a dozen Santa Cruz County residents- including mothers and grandmothers- assembled outside Pacific Gas and Electric’s Capitola Payment Center with their unwanted wireless electric meters in hand, and spoke about what prompted them to defy their utility and replace the ‘smart’ meter on their homes with widely available analog meters. After being interviewed by the media, they quietly got in line and waited for the next clerk. But before they could speak to anyone, PG&E called out half a dozen Capitola Police Officers, and kicked everyone out of the office. The unwanted ‘Smart’ Meters were left piled up on the counter. Late last week, PG&E sent letters threatening to disconnect power to those who returned their ‘smart’ meters on Wednesday, including a family of four with headaches and a single woman in her seventies.

Video of the “Great ‘Smart’ Meter Return” can be viewed at: https://stopsmartmeters.org/2011/12/...-meter-return/

The dozen residents who assembled last week outside a PG&E office just 30 miles south of Silicon Valley are the most visible part of a growing movement of people suffering from insomnia, headaches, tinnitus and other symptoms linked to smart meters- fed up with being ignored by the monopoly utilities and state regulatory agencies (who have received over 10,000 health complaints about the new meters). Many have begun taking matters into their own hands and having their smart meters removed from their homes. Their efforts have been bolstered by online videos showing how to do the switch, and ‘smart meter replacement kits’ are now being sold online for $49.95. (See FreedomTaker.com)

Despite thousands of threats, not one household has had their power disrupted for refusing or removing a ‘smart’ meter in California. According to many legal experts, utilities do not have the legal right to force a carcinogen on people’s homes. Nevertheless, the threats continue.

Last week’s events in Capitola should send shivers down the spines of utility executives, who are facing a growing backlash against their ‘smart’ meter programs. While investment banking and tech firms are looking forward to potential profits of $49 billion from rolling out the ‘smart grid’ worldwide- mainly through utility rate hikes- increasingly customers are rejecting ‘smart’ meters as surveillance devices, fire hazards, and as dangerous sources of non-ionizing electromagnetic radiation- what the World Health Organization now identifies as a Class 2B carcinogen.

“The ‘smart’ meter was installed outside my children’s bedroom,” says Bianca Carn resident of Santa Cruz and mother of an 8 and a 6 year old. “Since the meter was installed, they are both complaining of headaches. I asked PG&E multiple times to take it off- they refused. So we hired an electrician and had it removed.”

PG&E’s ‘smart’ meters emit radiation bursts that are more powerful than wireless consumer devices and have been measured at levels that would exceed safety limits for RF exposure in much of Europe.

“PG&E does not care about health and safety and does not respect private property rights,” said Joshua Hart Director of Santa Cruz County based Stop Smart Meters! “Threatening to turn off the power to a family who are simply trying to protect their children from radiation-induced headaches- two weeks before Christmas- is about as Scrooge-like as you can get.”

The County of Santa Cruz, all 4 municipalities in the county, and 42 other local governments throughout the state have demanded a halt to deployment because of health damage, privacy violations, and safety concerns. At the time Santa Cruz County was “deployed” with ‘smart’ meters, a County Ordinance prohibiting their installation was in force and PG&E chose to ignore it. According to Hart, “it appears that PG&E’s chickens are coming home to roost as hundreds are returning unwanted utility equipment that was installed illegally in the first place.”
    ###

Joshua Hart

Last edited by ubaru; 12-24-2011 at 11:22 PM.

39. TopTop #24

Update from director of electricalpollution.com--where to file complaints @ DOJ & ADA

Update from director of electricalpollution.com

*I have updated the transmitting meter page at
    www.electricalpollution.com which
    can be reached directly at
    https://www.electricalpollution.com/smartmeters.html with additional
    information about filing complaints with the DOJ. I have pasted it below
    as well. There are other places that people having trouble with smart
    meters and transmitters should be filing complaints, please see
    https://www.electricalpollution.com/smartmeters.html for additional
    information. *
    *It is critical that those who are having health problems related to
    transmitting, AMR, "smart", or broadband over powerlines meters file
    complaints in the appropriate spots see link above. Without complaints
    being filed, officials in charge will have no idea that you are having
    trouble with or having your life devastated by these technologies. *
    *I have also included a link below to the site stopsmartmeters.org is using
    to track complaints. Filing a complaint there is not a substitute for
    filing complaints with DOJ special litigation section, the DOJ ADA section,
    or any of the others mentioned. *
    *Please file complaints! If you are able to aggregate as mentioned below,
    even better.*
    *Thank you,*
    *Catherine *

- *Special Litigation Section of the U.S. Department of Justice* To file
    a complaint, write the Special Litigation Section (SPL) explaining the
    situation about which you are complaining, with as much detail as possible.
    If you are aware of similar incidents involving others, please include that
    information as well. SPL does not have legal authority to represent
    individuals. In most of SPL’s work, a single incident of mistreatment will
    not be sufficient to start an investigation. Please include information on
    how to contact you if we need further information (such as an address,
    telephone number and e-mail address). Also, do not include original
    documents as we cannot guarantee their safe return. You can send
    information to:
    Special Litigation Section
    U.S. Department of Justice
    Civil Rights Division
    950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Special Litigation Section
    Washington, D.C. 20530
    The Section can be reached by telephone: (202) 514-6255 or toll-free at
    (877) 218-5228.
    If you are disabled, or becoming disabled by the exposure, please see
    information below about filing disability related complaints. I was told
    that filing a complaint with the Special Litigation Section does not
    preclude filing a complaint under the ADA.

SmartMeterHelp.Com <https://smartmeterhelp.com/>

40. TopTop #25

American Academy of Environmental Medicine calls for a halt to wireless smart meters

American Academy of Environmental Medicine calls for a halt to wireless smart meters

January 24, 2012 by ppjg
    The American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM) has adopted a resolution calling for a halt to wireless smart meters.

This represents the first national physician’s group to look in-depth at wireless health risks; and to advise the public and decision-makers about preventative public health actions that are necessary.

January 19, 2012

Proposed Decision of Commissioner Peevey (Mailed 1/22/2012)

BEFORE THE PUBLIC UTILITIES COMMISSION OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA

On the proposed decision 11-03-014

Dear Commissioners:
    The Board of the American Academy of Environmental Medicine opposes the installation of wireless “smart meters” in homes and schools based on a scientific assessment of the current medical literature (references available on request). Chronic exposure to wireless radiofrequency radiation is a preventable environmental hazard that is sufficiently well documented to warrant immediate preventative public health action.

As representatives of physician specialists in the field of environmental medicine, we have an obligation to urge precaution when sufficient scientific and medical evidence suggests health risks which can potentially affect large populations. The literature raises serious concern regarding the levels of radio frequency (RF – 3 KHz – 300 GHz) or extremely low frequency (ELF – o- 300 Hz) exposures produced by “smart meters” to warrant an immediate and complete moratorium on their use and deployment until further study can be performed.

The board of the American Board of Environmental Medicine wishes to point out that existing FCC guidelines for RF safety that have been used to justify installation of “smart meters” only look at thermal tissue damage and are obsolete, since many modern studies show metabolic and genomic damage from RF and ELF exposures below the level of intensity which heats tissues.

The FCC guidelines are therefore inadequate for use in establishing public health standards.

More modern literature shows medically and biologically significant effects of RF and ELF at lower energy densities. These effects accumulate over time, which is an important consideration given the chronic nature of exposure from “smart meters”. The current medical literature raises credible questions about genetic and cellular effects, hormonal effects, male fertility, blood/brain barrier damage and increased risk of certain types of cancers from RF or ELF levels similar to those emitted from “smart meters”. Children are placed at particular risk for altered brain development, and impaired learning and behavior.

Further EMF/RF adds synergistic effects to the damage observed from a range of toxic chemicals. Given the widespread, chronic and essentially inescapable ELF/RF exposure of everyone living near a “smart meter”, the Board of the American Academy of Environmental Medicine finds it unacceptable from a public health standpoint to implement this technology until these serious medical concerns are resolved. We consider a moratorium on installation of wireless “smart meters” to be an issue of the highest importance.

The Board of the American Academy of Environmental Medicine also wishes to note that the US NIEHS National Toxicology Program in 1999 cited radiofrequency radiation as a potential carcinogen. Existing safety limits for pulsed RF were termed “not protective of public health” by the Radiofrequency Interagency Working Group (a federal interagency working group including the FDA, FCC, OSHA, the EPA and others). Emissions given off by “smart meters” have been classified by the World Health Organization International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) as a Possible Human Carcinogen.

Hence, we call for:

• An immediate moratorium on “smart meter” installation until these serious public
    health issues are resolved. Continuing with their installation would be extremely
    irresponsible.

• Modify the revised proposed decision to include hearings on health impact in the
    second proceedings, along with cost evaluation and community wide opt-out.

• Provide immediate relief to those requesting it and restore the analog meters.

Members of the Board
    American Academy of Environmental Medicine

Admin note: The American Academy of Environmental Medicine, founded in 1965, is an international association of physicians and other professionals which “provides research and education in the recognition, treatment and prevention of illnesses induced by exposures to biological and chemical agents encountered in air, food and water.”

41. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

42. TopTop #26
    nicofrog

Ok well I have been experimenting..occasionally I sleep 14 ft away from th front of a "smart meter" and 10 feet away from a 480V transformer,under the bed is a 110V to 12 V transformer (mo home) and near the bed is a "ceramic" 800 v heater

The rest of the week I sleep in a much less electronic sit. It has gotten so I simpley barely sleep at all in the 'mo ho'
    and sleep fine at my friends hose WITHOUT all that electronic noise.

The feeling of restlessnes and cramps and discomfort is extreme,so I started reading up,and utubing up on this info
    and I'm ready to quit my E.M.F."diet"
    One lucky camper! N....

43. Gratitude expressed by:

44. TopTop #27

Video: Replacing A Smart Meter With A Safe Analog Meter

Safe Electric Meter Replacement Kit

This video reveals where you can get an analog meter swap kit from www.freedomtaker.com which includes complete instructions and a 5 page legal document to send your power company.

Video Notes:
    This video demonstrates a way to protect your home from EMF pollution and unlawful surveillance.

"Smart Meters" have been misrepresented as safe and lawful. They have not been shown to be either, and they are known to be otherwise.

Smart Meters emit dangerous pulsed EMF radiation (a class 2b carcinogen) into private property, and they are instruments of surveillance as defined by Federal Wiretapping Law because Smart Meters monitor personal activities by electronic means inside private homes and businesses.

Power companies, local governments and regulators have badly failed to investigate and confirm the legality and safety of Smart Meters, preferring instead to take the advice and directions of "experts" and "stakeholders" who stand to make billions on this destructive and invasive technology.

Never before has such a poorly conceived and dubious program been undertaken against, ultimately, every person on the planet who receives distributed electrical service.

The dangers to the public are so obvious that to be a proponent of Smart Meters is to be suspect of intentional wrongdoing or severe ignorance.

There will soon be massive backlash against not just Smart Meters but the wider attitude by wealthy elites that they may invade, control and exploit people's private lives as they wish.

People are awakening to these frauds at an accelerating pace. This video is just one tiny part of that general public awakening.

Today, it may seem radical to refuse or reject a Smart Meter on your home. Soon, most of us will have difficulty understanding how a program as unwise and offensive the Smart Meter program could have been contemplated in the first place.

Never support or vote for any electoral candidate who does not openly oppose Smart Meters.

You may have a Smart Meter on your house, and you may have thought it was harmless. The more you learn about these devices the more you will change your mind.

The good news: It is not your fault that you have been deceived. It is never too late to get rid of your Smart Meter.
    Last edited by ubaru; 01-29-2012 at 02:52 AM.