Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Sonic.net members: Watch for your contract ending

I get my DSL service from Sonic.net who are excellent! However I just got my bill and I happened to notice that the rate went up a bunch. I called and found out that my 1 year contract expired and the rate reverted to a higher standard non-contract rate. I called them and signed up for a new contract and they reverted the additional charges - no problem!

So keep an eye out for the end of your Sonic.net contract! (I imagine this applies to other DSL/cable providers, as well as cell phone providers.)

Barry
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    gandalf

Re: Sonic.net members: Watch for your contract ending

It's pretty funny actually. They encourage you to re-sign up like that for a new "deal". Most ISPs won't let you get a deal unless you start with their service. I've always found this to be amusing. Yeah, they don't just pop up automaticly and say "Hey you're old deal is expiring", but it's still pretty cool.
    Last edited by Barry; 05-25-2006 at 06:10 PM.

3. TopTop #3
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

I should note, though, that the renewal deal is not as sweet as the new-member deal.

4. TopTop #4
    gandalf

Oh, it's just the deal that they have at the time you renew as far as I know. I think my first deal was pretty sweet too, but SBC took several months to hook us up. It was a royal pain. I think some people even sued SBC back then. I'm thinking of putting up a WIFI hotspot and trying to make back my costs myself, but I haven't had much time to work on it.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry:
    I should note, though, that the renewal deal is not as sweet as the new-member deal.