Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    cocreator

Smog places that offer no pass/no pay?

Hi Community ~

I understand that there are smog stations that offer a "no pass/no pay" deal, which is higher priced than normal, but of course you only pay if your car passes smog. I tried Googling the terms but couldn't find any locally.

I'm asking b/c my vehicle failed smog today, and I don't have the projected $4-500 for repairs ~ yes, I know about the gov't program, but am betting if I re-test elsewhere, it will pass. This happened with another car several years ago; all I did was wait a month, go to a different smog station, and it passed, no problem. I think a lot depends on the day and how the planets are aligned

All leads appreciated!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    tees1978

Re: Smog places that offer no pass/no pay?

Im not sure of shop names but I know I've seen some on Piner Rd. in Santa Rosa. Hope that helps!
    Quote cocreator wrote: View Post
    Hi Community ~

I understand that there are smog stations that offer a "no pass/no pay" deal, which is higher priced than normal, but of course you only pay if your car passes smog. I tried Googling the terms but couldn't find any locally.

I'm asking b/c my vehicle failed smog today, and I don't have the projected $4-500 for repairs ~ yes, I know about the gov't program, but am betting if I re-test elsewhere, it will pass. This happened with another car several years ago; all I did was wait a month, go to a different smog station, and it passed, no problem. I think a lot depends on the day and how the planets are aligned

All leads appreciated!

3. TopTop #3
    Twisted Minis

Re: Smog places that offer no pass/no pay?

Last time I went, Another Smog Test Only had this policy. I had a vehicle fail, and he said you catalytic converter is probably not up to operating temperature, go drive down the freeway for 15 minutes and come back. It passed okay on the second try. Its 1075 Santa Rosa Ave.