Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Feedback/Poll on new WaccoBB.net logo!

Hi Everybody!

I've been working hard developing the site, both tweaking how it is now and working on a new version. Membership is also growing nicely with 1967 (a good year!) members now. We'll easily make my goal of 2,000 members in time for picnic! Thanks for spreading the word!

I'm also working with Julia Stege at GraphicGirlz to upgrade our logo. I think she is doing some great designs! Here are a few versions and I'd love to know what you think and which you prefer so far. Please vote in the attached poll and/or reply with your comments!

I am getting postcards and buttons(!) made in time for our picnic and the Harmony Festival. We need to go to print by Friday or Monay, so please vote/comment now!

Thanks!
    Barry

Blue

Lt Blue

Magenta

Purple

Sky
    Last edited by Barry; 05-23-2006 at 11:42 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Debra Giusti
    Supporting Member

Re: Feedback/Poll on new WaccoBB.net logo!

I DID NOT GET A YES ON ANY OF THEM!

Actually in the spirit of honesty I don't like any of them. And that was my first emotiOnal hit when I saw them. They look very sixties and out dated, especially the font.

WACCO is the wave of the future and should give the impression that it is the cutting edge, not a sixties rock poster. It should be simple, clean and easy looking with a hip, high tech look.

And I do love and appreciate WACCO and will support it with all my resources expanding in tothe world. I believe it could be a tool for connecting us all up, world wide!

In Harmony,

Debra Giusti
    Last edited by Barry; 05-18-2006 at 08:07 PM.

3. TopTop #3
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by DebraGiusti:
    I DID NOT GET A YES ON ANY OF THEM!
    {snip} They look very sixties and out dated, especially the font.
    I can see your point. I'm going to work on that.

Quote WACCO is the wave of the future and should give the impression that it is the cutting edge, not a sixties rock poster. It should be simple, clean and easy looking with a hip, high tech look.
    I'm with you until the last bit, I'm actually looking for a low tech/high touch look. This is not about technology, it's about the people coming together to be in community, dare I say, consciously... And I want WaccoBB to offer a sense of place - a community to dwell in that is enabling, welcoming and catalyzing of both virtual and real community!
    Quote And I do love and appreciate WACCO and will support it with all my resources expanding in to the world. I believe it could be a tool for connecting us all up, world wide!
    Thank you, Debra! That's the plan!

Any other comments, anybody?
    Last edited by Barry; 05-18-2006 at 08:55 PM.

4. TopTop #4
    Carolyn Andrews

Hope we don't have our wires crossed.

One says Light blue and the background is light blue.
    One says magenta and looks purple to me.
    One says purple and is in fact yellow.
    One says sky and has the sky in the background.

I like the idea of sky, but it doesn't go with the foreground, colorwise or stylewise. I don't know what else to say as I am confused about these titles.

Carolyn
    Last edited by Barry; 05-19-2006 at 10:22 AM.

5. TopTop #5
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Carolyn Andrews:
    Hope we don't have our wires crossed.

One says Light blue and the background is light blue.
    One says magenta and looks purple to me.
    One says purple and is in fact yellow.
    One says sky and has the sky in the background.
    I'm sorry if you found my names confusing. They don't all correspond to the background, but rather to the most distinctive part about the design.

Quote I like the idea of sky, but it doesn't go with the foreground, colorwise or stylewise.
    Thanks for your comments, Carolyn!

Anybody else? Don't be shy! All feedback is welcome! Constructive criticism and helpful suggestions are most welcome! Please share your opinion with me and the rest of the community!
    Last edited by Barry; 05-19-2006 at 11:55 AM.

6. TopTop #6
    Rucira

I for one vote for the magenta version of the 60s style design. I like lively colors, they have feelings , something this current world is short on. but if the majority prefers something more low key, how about a rotating crystal with sparkling lites emanating from it with movement. the sparkles can be rainbow colored upon a darkened green or black or blue background. If i were an artist i would make it.:eek: [email protected]

Thanks for your comments, Carolyn!

Anybody else? Don't be shy! All feedback is welcome! Constructive criticism and helpful suggestions are most welcome! Please share your opinion with me and the rest of the community!
    [/QUOTE]

7. TopTop #7
    Rucira

I have it! how about the solar system as a background instead of sky and have shooting stars twinkling and flames shooting forth from the sun?
    Last edited by Barry; 05-19-2006 at 07:52 PM.

8. TopTop #8
    Suzanna

Barry,

My first response, to the one that appears first, with the high contrast blue and orange, was ooooooo, chuckle, yeahhhhhh!!! It is just SWEET. While the font is solidly 60s rock poster, I find that maintaining a thread of connection to the community spirit of that era, the love of home it evokes, to be perfectly appropriate for waccobb. It makes me relax to look at it. The vibrant colors are joyful and high-spirited. If you wanted to make the font less precisely 60s, that might be interesting too, but I think it is beautiful the way it is. And I warmly support your sense of low-tech comfort and ease. It's a relief. I'm curious to see the outcome of it all, and will be including this process in an article I'm writing about cultural reclamation.

I have noticed in blogs and articles I read that are coming from younger generations from teens up to 30s, low tech and renewed retro are very appealing to many in those age groups as well. In a local deli last week a teenager was singing along with a Jefferson Airplane song; she knew every word and was belting it out. It was a deeply affirming experience. Go with the love, Barry.
    Suzanna, Good Fairy of Wacco