Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Jenkel fights to hold onto his ranch

[John Jenkel has posted many times on WaccoBB. I found his posts objectionable, even if I did agree with some of his positions. I allowed them in our Censored category. See a recent one here. - Barry]

Jenkel fights to hold onto his ranch

by PAUL PAYNE
    THE PRESS DEMOCRAT
    https://www.watchsonomacounty.com/20...nto-his-ranch/

Sebastopol horseman and political activist John Jenkel has ticked off a few people in his day.

John Jenkel stands in front of a barn on his property in Graton.
    BETH SCHLANKER/PD

Well, more than a few.

That happens when you stage war protests at the funeral of a fallen soldier. Or when you rant at public meetings, accusing people from the president to local elected officials of conspiring to cause the Sept. 11 attacks.

So it’s no surprise that the eccentric 72-year-old — who dumped a large manure pile and a casket near the entrance to his Gravenstein Highway ranch — is at odds with his neighbor, winemaker Paul Hobbs.

About three years ago, Hobbs won a $350,000 judgment against Jenkel in a dispute over a stand of century-old trees that were destroyed, allegedly by unchecked well water running from Jenkel’s 16 acres.

Jenkel refused to pay and the court ordered the sheriff to seize two pieces of his land and sell them to Hobbs at separate auctions last year and in 2009. A third sale is set for Thursday.

Although the seizures appear to be a clear-cut civil matter, the man who refers to himself in court papers as “ ‘da 9-11 Bounty Hunter,” insists he’s the target of a government plot to silence him. He’s calling on Gov. Jerry Brown to intervene.

“It’s a land-grab to take over my entire farm,” said Jenkel as he walked the grassy pasture that is next on the auction block. “Paul Hobbs is taking advantage of the fact that Congress wants to destroy me. I’m the only guy holding them accountable for what they’re doing.”

Hobbs, who did not respond to recent requests for comment, previously said Jenkel brought the situation on himself. Jenkel was encroaching on his property and became angry when he put up a fence, the winery owner said.

Jenkel, who’s been deemed a “vexatious litigant” by the courts for his numerous lawsuits filed in Sonoma County, flooded the trees as a kind of pay back, Hobbs said.

“The whole thing is kind of unfortunate,” Hobbs said in an interview last fall. “John kind of pushed us to take some action. To defend ourselves would be the best way to say it. He was a little bit aggressive on our land.”

Jenkel’s in-your-face style hasn’t gone unnoticed at meetings of the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors, where he and his group of paid protesters speak most Tuesday afternoons.

His usual theme — that former San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown is behind the 9-11 attacks — is tied to his personal legal woes, which include a criminal charge of improper disposal of a dead horse. He’s accused supervisors and Sonoma County judges of “high treason” for letting it happen.

Supervisor Shirlee Zane said she supports Jenkel’s right to speak but feels threatened by him. She asked for more security and has walked out of the room when he took the podium, she said.

“His thinking is convoluted as to how his legal issues are connected to government,” Zane said. “It’s misplaced aggression.” Other political activists are keeping their distance.

Susan Lamont, head of Santa Rosa’s Peace and Justice Center, said besides a common anti-war theme, they have nothing in common.

“I don’t pay much attention to what he says,” Lamont said. “I think most people wish he’d stay away.”

Jenkel’s war protests grew out of his longtime obsession with Willie Brown, whom he’s accused of forcing him from his San Francisco carriage ride business for political reasons.

Since U.S. forces invaded Iraq, Jenkel has erected anti-war signs and written long screeds accusing Brown and President George Bush of scheming for Middle East oil.

In left-leaning Sebastopol, Jenkel’s roadside banner encouraging motorists to “Honk for Bush behind bars” has attracted more than a few supportive honks.

“I believe in the work he is trying to do,” said political ally Colleen Fernald, also of Sebastopol.

Collaborator Mary Morrison called Jenkel “a unique person.” “He’s definitely being harassed by the government,” she said.

Jenkel’s house, which he said he built in 1965, is the nerve center of his work. It sits back from the highway behind a steel gate, next to horse stables and a group of dusty cabins rented to Morrison and others.

His “war room” is lined with white binders containing his writings, which he copies and distributes. Old newspapers are stapled to walls throughout the house, their headlines blaring war-related developments.

Jenkel gets his message out with the help of young people who read his missives at public meetings across the North Coast and in Sacramento. Jenkel pays them with part of a million-dollar inheritance he said he received about a decade ago that he said is nearly gone.

Now he said he’s trying to hang onto what he’s got. According to court records, he still owes the winery about $300,000, including interest.

On Monday, he sent a letter to the county attorney, Bruce Goldstein, seeking to prevent the upcoming auction. It said Goldstein “will be concealing treason” if the sale proceeds.

Goldstein did not return calls seeking comment. Sheriff’s officials also would not comment about Jenkel.

“This is a sanctuary that’s being stolen by organized crime,” Jenkel said, while standing on his property last week. “I have quail. I have deer. I have horses. And I have people trying to stop mass murder.”
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    2Bwacco

Re: Jenkel fights to hold onto his ranch

...saw this article on Jenkel at Pressdemocrat.com and was very sorry for his situation...

[personally rather abhorrent of politics in general - the wishes of the common people do not seem to be heeded by government, period - they treat us like a bother: i.e. visit Permits and Resource Management and try to get an answer to any question - it goes round and round - ends up they do what they want]

i attended Supervisors meeting weeks ago on the Graton Fire Siren matter...found i was sitting next to PRMD chief. He was reading from a binder on the matter being discussed. Part way through the meeting he left. Though i attended, can't really say what was accomplished - did note the grouchy, bored looks on some of the supervisors' faces (i was bored too).

the "grape people" seem to always get what they want in Sonoma County.

my mind is still reeling to make sense of the vegetation annihilation practices of intensive viticulture cultivation.

my grandfather ventured from his medical practice to grow veggies on a downtown city block at lunchtime.

my mother continued horticulture tutilage through my lifetime and up to her death.

the "grape people" have no respect for the land, their neighbors or natural resources. Take, take, take, take, destroy.

to me, in Jenkel's case, they simply want his land and they have the financial resources and political support to get it. my personal hope is that universal karma will catch up to them, eventually.

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #3
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Jenkel fights to hold onto his ranch

[Here's John's response the the PD article posted earlier in this thread. Can't knock the guy for lack of persistence! - Barry]

Jenkel fights to hold onto his ranch (by correcting Paul Payne)

John Jenkel stands in front of a barn on his property in Graton. BETH SCHLANKER/PD. (Banner says "1/5th of this horse farm is stolen by the County of Sonoma.")

By PAUL PAYNE
    THE PRESS DEMOCRAT

Sebastopol horseman and political activist John Jenkel has ticked off a few people in his day.

Well, more than a few.

That happens when you stage war protests at the funeral of a fallen soldier. Or when you rant at public meetings, accusing people from the president to local elected officials of conspiring to cause the Sept. 11 attacks.

1) Paul Payne: The fallen soldier was a congressionally betrayed and murdered soldier. I have never accused the president or local elected officials of conspiring to cause 9-11. Ebron-owned President George w. Bush caused 2,798 unplanned murders during the Enron-sponsored, Ken Lay-planned organized crimes of 9-11 by leaving his wife to be a sitting duck at the White House with intended targets, Energy Czar Dick Cheney and his anti-Enron VP staff from Halliburton.

So it’s no surprise that the eccentric 72-year-old — who dumped a large manure pile and a casket near the entrance to his Gravenstein Highway ranch — is at odds with his neighbor, winemaker Paul Hobbs.

2) Paul Payne: My criminal profiteering neighbors are Paul Hobbs Winery limited partners. Paul Hobbs is an nice guy whose in with the wrong crowd.

About three years ago, Hobbs won a $350,000 judgment against Jenkel in a dispute over a stand of century-old trees that were destroyed, allegedly by unchecked well water running from Jenkel’s 16 acres.

3) Paul Payne: Paul Hobbs Winery, L.P. defrauded the court and won a $320,158 constitutionally defective and unenforceable judgment for damages for my well water running down a 13% slope. It has a judgment against silenced "JOHN JENKEL, and DOES 1 through 15, inclusive, Defendants" that is not worth the paper on which it is written in a court of constitutional law. The problem is finding a court of constitutional law. Paul Hobbs and his brother Matt promised me and my neighbors that he would preserve the trees if I gave the winery a commercial easement over my horse farm.

Jenkel refused to pay and the court ordered the sheriff to seize two pieces of his land and sell them to Hobbs at separate auctions last year and in 2009. A third sale is set for Thursday.

4) Paul Payne: The court has NEVER "ordered the sheriff to seize" my property. The Writs of Execution are signed by court clerks, not judges. A writ of execution is not a court order to seize anything. Under the 4th Amendment and Section 13, Article I in the Constitution for, never of, the $152.8 billion dysfunctional, $149 billion congressionally robbed, and $26 billion insolvent State of congressionally betrayed and 675 murdered Californians, the seizure of property by government requires due process of law which includes a court order. There is no court order of any kind for this third taking under martial law. The problem is finding a court that will prohibit unreasonable seizure under constitutional law .

Although the seizures appear to be a clear-cut civil matter, the man who refers to himself in court papers as “ ‘da 9-11 Bounty Hunter,” insists he’s the target of a government plot to silence him. He’s calling on Gov. Jerry Brown to intervene.

5) Paul Payne: It is far from a civil matter. It is a criminal matter that is covered up by martial law in democracy ending Public Law betrayal 107-243 that authorizes the President "to use armed forces as he determines to be necessary." "Armed forces" includes police and sheriff deputies.

“It’s a land-grab to take over my entire farm,” said Jenkel as he walked the grassy pasture that is next on the auction block. “Paul Hobbs is taking advantage of the fact that Congress wants to destroy me. I’m the only guy holding them accountable for what they’re doing.”

6) Paul Payne: Congress is part of a government corporation. It is not a "they." It's an it. Paul Hobbs is not taking advantage. Criminal profiteers in Paul Hobbs Winery limited liability partners are taking advantage.

Hobbs, who did not respond to recent requests for comment, previously said Jenkel brought the situation on himself. Jenkel was encroaching on his property and became angry when he put up a fence, the winery owner said.

7) Paul Payne: The record shows that Paul Hobbs Winery, L.P. or its criminal profiteering agents have sued me and/or 9-11 Truth Campaigners eight times. We brought nothing on ourselves. All we have done is defend from or respond to their fabrications and organized crimes.

The Jenkel, who’s been deemed a “vexatious litigant” by the courts for his numerous lawsuits filed in Sonoma County, flooded the trees as a kind of pay back, Hobbs said.

8) Paul Payne: I have never filed lawsuit in my life. I file petitions for redress of grievances about oppressive or corrupt government. There is no way to "flood trees" on a 13% slope. My "Trespass, water" started before their fence.

“The whole thing is kind of unfortunate,” Hobbs said in an interview last fall. “John kind of pushed us to take some action. To defend ourselves would be the best way to say it. He was a little bit aggressive on our land.”

9) Paul Payne: Paul Hobbs Winery, L.P. is aggressive on my land. It agents will not talk to you because I can easily impeach their lies and expose their criminal conduct. A plaintiff is not a defendant. Paul Hobbs Winery, L.P. defends from our constitutionally grounded counter attacks. It has no constitutionally protected rights.

The Jenkel’s in-your-face style hasn’t gone unnoticed at meetings of the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors, where he and his group of paid protesters speak most Tuesday afternoons.

His usual theme — that former San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown is behind the 9-11 attacks — is tied to his personal legal woes, which include a criminal charge of improper disposal of a dead horse. He’s accused supervisors and Sonoma County judges of “high treason” for letting it happen.

10) Paul Payne: Former phantom California governor Willie Brown is not behind anything. 'Da Wizard of Deception is far to clever for that. His Brown-Green Gay Wine, Religion & Sex Machine protects all levels of organized crime. The highest level of organized crime is Hoover Institute-advised unconstitutional undeclared United State wars of congressional choice, never necessity, against CIA-fabricated enemies for fascist gain, population management, religious genocide, and all levels of organized crime. Any California public officer who tolerates mass murder in unconstitutional wars of congressional choice gives aid and comfort to domestic enemies and deserves a death sentence under California Penal Code Section 37. Any Californian like you who conceals treason with your article commits a felony under Penal Code Section 38.

Supervisor Shirlee Zane said she supports Jenkel’s right to speak but feels threatened by him. She asked for more security and has walked out of the room when he took the podium, she said.

11) Paul Payne: When ever any public officer in California fails to listen to any 9-11 Truth Campaigner, they give aid and comfort to the perpetrators of 9-11 and to the 136 martial law authorizers in Congress, which is treason. Under California Penal Code Section 37, California traitors are ripe for death sentences. We the congressionally betrayed People of the $152.8 billion dysfunctional, $149 billion congressionally robbed, and $26 billion insolvent State of congressionally betrayed and 675 murdered Californians now have an Attorney General and a Governor who support lethal injections for capital offenses, thanks to 'da 9-11 Truth Campaign.

“His thinking is convoluted as to how his legal issues are connected to government,” Zane said. “It’s misplaced aggression.” Other political activists are keeping their distance.

Susan Lamont, head of Santa Rosa’s Peace and Justice Center, said besides a common anti-war theme, they have nothing in common.

“I don’t pay much attention to what he says,” Lamont said. “I think most people wish he’d stay away.”

12) Paul Payne: You will never hear professional activists except 9-11 Truth Campaigners speak out against mass murder in unconstitutional wars. If the Santa Rosa Peace and Justice Center supports 'da 9-11 Truth Campaign in ANY way, Grand Intimidator Willie Brown would dry up its contributions, just like he would chase off New York Times advertisers if you wrote the truth about my property being taken by the County of Sonoma without due process of court orders under martial law.

Jenkel’s war protests grew out of his longtime obsession with Willie Brown, whom he’s accused of forcing him from his San Francisco carriage ride business for political reasons.

13) Paul Payne: Wiz Willie did not force my authentic horse drawn excursion business off Fisherman's Wharf. Bob Werbe, the former owner of Grayline of San Francisco did.

Since U.S. forces invaded Iraq, Jenkel has erected anti-war signs and written long screeds accusing Brown and President George Bush of scheming for Middle East oil.

14) Paul Payne: I have never accused 'da wiz of scheming anything. Wizard of Deception Willie Brown is a master at exploiting organized crime, always by others. And former California phantom governor Willie Brown would not have anything to do with Bad Boy Born-again Oil Brat Bush. George w. Bush is a killer. Willie is a horse lover.

In left-leaning Sebastopol, Jenkel’s roadside banner encouraging motorists to “Honk for Bush behind bars” has attracted more than a few supportive honks.

“I believe in the work he is trying to do,” said political ally Colleen Fernald, also of Sebastopol.

Collaborator Mary Morrison called Jenkel “a unique person.” “He’s definitely being harassed by the government,” she said.

15) Paul Payne: Both of these helpful women are extremely persecuted.

Jenkel’s house, which he said he built in 1965, is the nerve center of his work. It sits back from the highway behind a steel gate, next to horse stables and a group of dusty cabins rented to Morrison and others.

16) Paul Payne: Tell the truth. My steel gate is a cattle gate. Three of my "dusty cabins" are owned by Paul Hobbs Winery, limitless parasites, for pennies on the dollar. My authentic horse drawn excursion customers like the Bohemian Club and the Mountain Play Association and dozens of funeral directors have been chased off by wiz willie. His pals have stolen six of my authentic and rare horse drawn vehicle. Eight others are under tarps in the horse pasture that my county plans ro seize from me this morning in three hours.

His “war room” is lined with white binders containing his writings, which he copies and distributes. Old newspapers are stapled to walls throughout the house, their headlines blaring war-related developments.

17) Paul Payne: My over 250 binders contain hard evidence of United States mass murder and terrorism, and the conspiracy to destroy me, of which you have been a part for over eight years.

Jenkel gets his message out with the help of young people who read his missives at public meetings across the North Coast and in Sacramento. Jenkel pays them with part of a million-dollar inheritance he said he received about a decade ago that he said is nearly gone.

18) Paul Payne: I have over a million dollars invested in 'da 9-11 Truth Campaign to stop mass murder and plunder, and to establish the Constitution. You can afford to make light of it. You are no longer welcome on my sanctuary.

Now he said he’s trying to hang onto what he’s got. According to court records, he still owes the winery about $300,000, including interest.

19) Paul Payne: I can show you or anybody court records which prove that I don't owe Paul Hobbs Winery a dime. It owes me. I will bring these records to you or anybody. Call me any time at 707-823-7083.

On Monday, he sent a letter to the county attorney, Bruce Goldstein, seeking to prevent the upcoming auction. It said Goldstein “will be concealing treason” if the sale proceeds.

Goldstein did not return calls seeking comment. Sheriff’s officials also would not comment about Jenkel.

20) Paul Payne: The Sonoma County Counsel Bruce Goldstein is not independent. Like you, he bows for a paycheck. He and his public officer clients either help we the people restore democracy by not depriving me of my horse pasture without due process of law or equal protection of the supreme laws of our shattered land, or they give aid and comfort to enemies of California who maintain mass murder under martial law and are all ripe for death sentences under no-nonsense constitutionalist Attorney General Kamala Harris and reformed constitutionalist fix-it executor Jerry Brown.

Constitutionalist-turned-elected dictator Obama came to Willie Brown's San Francisco last night to help protect you and others from being held accountable by fix-it Governor Jerry Brown. I used to play in Camp Curry with Jerry. He respects nature and means business. He wants "to fix this thing." All he has to do is use his executive power to enforce Section 5 of Article I in the Constitution for the Willie Brown-stained State of 675 congressionally murdered Californians against MARTIAL LAW, and 64 years of United States mass murder for greed will end in California, then in our country, and then in the world, and I will get my farm and toys back, all of it. Watch!

“This is a sanctuary that’s being stolen by organized crime,” Jenkel said, while standing on his property last week. “I have quail. I have deer. I have horses. And I have people trying to stop mass murder.”

21) Paul Payne: If you correct your inaccuracies as above, we will have a document more powerful than the Pentagon Papers that stopped the unconstitutional undeclared United State war of congressional choice, never necessity, against CIA-fabricated enemies in Vietnam. You will become famous and sought after. I will take horses and a pretty gal to the mountain where political prostitutes can not touch me because they can't survive in nature.