Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #31
    nicofrog

Re: Experience with Greg's Tires

I did ok with Gregs used.. when I was way busted for money...

BUT I must put in a plug for AMERICA"S TIRES near Coddingtown in Santa Rosa

I went in there one rainy day in ly little honda,and needed new front tires..oops too expensive ,so I was walking out the door,when that manager called me back and said ,"where are you going, I'm not letting you out of here to drive on those tires, "!! and he called the guys to take my car back for new tires..I said "but I don't have the money!!' he said "do not worry about it,What's more important ,safety,or money??" He didnt even want to write up a reciept or take my name,he just said,"hey if you get some money sometime,drop it bye" which I did almost a year later!!

I always go there now....and they also fix flats etc free... and they guys who work there seem happy

That’s a good measure of a business, like Oliver’s market on Stony point. its like work is a party for those folks!! THAT is where I want to buy my food ,because happiness is healthy. ~ Nico
    Last edited by Barry; 12-07-2015 at 03:10 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #32
    bill shearer

I too have had good work from Greg's, but better with Tiresource in Petaluma. They have cheerfully replaced used tires I didn't like and one used tire that lost a tread, for free: And do great mechanical work as well.

4. TopTop #33
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

I vote for Country Tire in Guerneville! Much like Nico's experience, years ago, when I hadn't much money, Mark (one of the owners) would trade me used tires for the jewelry I was beginning to make (and some of my pieces were pretty awful, too). Since then, I've never bought tires anywhere else.

5. TopTop #34
    Dustyg

I did okay with Gregs used tires too, when I was pretty broke and driving an older sportscar with different tires on each wheel (same size, tho). Last year I needed new tires and my most trusted person on the auto business told me to go to America's Tires, as mentioned below. I did and got great new tires for my truck at a really decent price and I'd go back there anytime....dg

Quote Posted in reply to the post by nicofrog: View Post
    ...I must put in a plug for AMERICA"S TIRES near Coddingtown in Santa Rosa...
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 12-08-2015 at 12:12 PM.

6. TopTop #35
    Dandelion

Thank you for sharing your experience. It seems that they have definitely changed. The first time I bought a set of used tires from them, they were great quality, and I was very happy to get some affordable, slightly used tires in good condition. So of course, I returned to Greg's the next time I needed a set of tires.

Unfortunately, the second set I bought were All bad, to the point that my steering wheel was shaking, and my driving was endangered. As they have always told me that they "stand behind their tires", I went back to them EIGHT different times over a period of several weeks, asking them to correct the balance or replace the bad tires. They refused, trying to tell me that it was something wrong with my truck, and finally, after all that wasted time, effort, and $400, I had to buy another set of tires - somewhere else - so that I could be safe on the road.

My steering wheel stopped shaking immediately, because there was nothing wrong with my truck.
    They sold me a terrible, dangerous set of tires, they did not keep their word about standing behind their tires, and they cost me a lot of money and hardship.

I will NEVER return to Greg's tires, and I truly hope that no one else goes through an ordeal like the one I did, or worse, has an accident because of faulty tires.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by smonday: View Post
    I've been a loyal patron of Greg's for years, but have had 4 blowouts in 3 years with their used tires...
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 12-08-2015 at 12:13 PM.

7. TopTop #36
    AllorrahBe

America's Tires got me in and out for less than $300 and they were quick about it, too!
    Rev. BE
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 12-09-2015 at 07:57 AM.

8. TopTop #37
    rey

agreed, america's tires [ near codd is by far the best, they recently gave me a FREE tire as one of my tires was pretty bald and I could not afford a new one. so yes, they gave me a free used tire with plenty of tread on it. This was after receiving a FREE tire fix when i found a large screw in my tire.

I cannot speak highly enough of America's tires.

they have the best prices around as well.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by AllorrahBe: View Post
    America's Tires got me in and out for less than $300 and they were quick about it, too!
    Rev. BE
    Last edited by Barry; 09-30-2017 at 01:55 AM.