Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Spell Checking for WaccoBB.net with Internet Explorer!!!

Hey Everybody,

If you use Windows Internet Explorer, there is a spell checker you can use for your WaccoBB.net posts as well as all other websites! Its FREE and easy to install and use!
    (There is a Foxfire version under development)

Installation Instructions

1. Goto https://www.iespell.com/
    2. Click on the Download link on the left and pick a download site
    3. Choose "Open this file from its current location" and click on the "OK" button when prompted.
    4. When the installation has completed, restart your browser (if its open) and you should find a new menu item called "ieSpell" under the "Tools" menu, as well as a new icon on your toolbar. Note that the toolbar icon will only appear if you have not customized your toolbar before. If you have customized your toolbar before, you will have to manually select the icon in the "Customize Toolbar" dialog.
    Usage Instructions
    • If you are using Internet Explorer, you can access ieSpell in one of the following three ways:
      • Under the "Tools" menu, click on "ieSpell" item to start the spelling check or click on the "ieSpell Options" to configure ieSpell.
      • Click on the ieSpell toolbar button (if enabled) to activate the spelling check.
      • Right click in the browser and in the menu that appears, click on the "ieSpell" item to start the spelling check or click on the "ieSpell Options" to configure ieSpell.
    • If you are using a browser based on the IE engine (e.g. AOL, MSN, NetCaptor, NeoPlanet, etc), then only the last option (i.e. using the right-click menu) is available to you.
    Additionally I suggest set it up to use your existing custom dictionary file that contains words you have added to your dictionary from Word or other applications. Plus any words you add via ieSpell will be available when spell checking from Word!

To add your Microsoft Word custom dictionary (in my Word 2000 - any probably newer versions): (this only takes a few seconds)

1. Select "ieSpell Options" (see above)
    2. Goto the Language & Dictionary tab
    3. Click Add
    4. On the top of the "Add Custom Dictionary" dialog, click the folder with an Up Arrow on it. This should take you to the "Application Data" folder.
    5. Double Click on Microsoft
    6. Double Click on Proof
    7. Double Click on Custom.dic (or whatever you named your custom dictionary)
    8. Click the Make Default Button
    9. Click OK
    If you don't use Word or these instructions don't work for you, please post here and I or someone else will try to give you a hand.

Happy Spell checking!
    Last edited by Barry; 05-12-2006 at 02:53 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2

Re: Spell Checking for WaccoBB.net with Internet Explorer!!!

I looked at the download and install instructions and thought, Oh, this looks complicated...

NO PROBLEM! Had it downloaded and installed in a jiffy.

I tested it out in the testing area and it works quick and easy.

Very nice! Thanks for the Tip Barry :)

Now I will have no excuse for my misspellings.

Tom

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry:
    Hey Everybody,

If you use Windows Internet Explorer, there is a spell checker you can use for your WaccoBB.net posts as well as all other websites! Its FREE and easy to install and use!
    (There is a Foxfire version under development)

Installation Instructions

1. Goto https://www.iespell.com/
    2. Click on the Download link on the left and pick a download site
    3. Choose "Open this file from its current location" and click on the "OK" button when prompted.
    4. When the installation has completed, restart your browser (if its open) and you should find a new menu item called "ieSpell" under the "Tools" menu, as well as a new icon on your tool bar. Note that the tool bar icon will only appear if you have not customized your tool bar before. If you have customized your tool bar before, you will have to manually select the icon in the "Customize Tool bar" dialog.
    Usage Instructions
    • If you are using Internet Explorer, you can access ieSpell in one of the following three ways:
      • Under the "Tools" menu, click on "ieSpell" item to start the spelling check or click on the "ieSpell Options" to configure ieSpell.
      • Click on the ieSpell tool bar button (if enabled) to activate the spelling check.
      • Right click in the browser and in the menu that appears, click on the "ieSpell" item to start the spelling check or click on the "ieSpell Options" to configure ieSpell.
    • If you are using a browser based on the IE engine (e.g. AOL, MSN, NetCaptor, NeoPlanet, etc), then only the last option (i.e. using the right-click menu) is available to you.
    Additionally I suggest set it up to use your existing custom dictionary file that contains words you have added to your dictionary from Word or other applications. Plus any words you add via ieSpell will be available when spell checking from Word!

To add your Microsoft Word custom dictionary (in my Word 2000 - any probably newer versions): (this only takes a few seconds)

1. Select "ieSpell Options" (see above)
    2. Goto the Language & Dictionary tab
    3. Click Add
    4. On the top of the "Add Custom Dictionary" dialog, click the folder with an Up Arrow on it. This should take you to the "Application Data" folder.
    5. Double Click on Microsoft
    6. Double Click on Proof
    7. Double Click on Custom.dic (or whatever you named your custom dictionary)
    8. Click the Make Default Button
    9. Click OK
    If you don't use Word or these instructions don't work for you, please post here and I or someone else will try to give you a hand.

Happy Spell checking!
    Last edited by Barry; 05-24-2006 at 08:20 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email