Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    OneTimeFlowerChild

Gratitude for Great Hair Stylist

Ordinarily, I would not take the time to make a public THANK YOU for getting a good, no GREAT hair cut. But Yolanda was so amazing in every way imaginable I thought I must do more than pay, tip, smile, hug and gush THANK YOU over and over.

First off, I was able to get time that worked for me. Even though this was our first time together, she seemed to understand exactly what it was that I was looking for. The cut is perfect, absolutely perfect. I rarely get what I want when I get my hair cut and have learned to lower expectations. Yolanda exceeded my highest expectations! Whoopee !

She is fun, fast, friendly and yet we were comfortable not talking, too. The best part was watching her hands as she styled my hair. I felt as though an artist was creating a one-of-a-kind master piece - rather, the attention she gave to the styling reminded me of a master artist at work. Her hands were flying about as though responding to a song only she hears.

Priced reasonably and pleasant shop ~ what else can one ask for?

Yolanda
    Santa Rosa, downtown area
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. The following member has expressed gratitude to OneTimeFlowerChild for this post:

3. TopTop #2
    Tessa Aranda

Re: Gratitude for Great Hair Stylist

I also just recently saw Yolanda to have my hair colored. I've never had my hair colored professionally before. Mainly because the cost was too much for me to squeeze into my budget. Yolanda is incredibly reasonable for her work.

I had a really different idea for my hair and she helped me figure out what I wanted. I wanted my usual mousy brown hair dyed dark with vibrant purple highlights. Yolanda suggested that if I wanted the purple to pop that we could do some highlights first and then I could color them purple. She said the highlights will stay and the purple color will fade over time so I could re-color later with purple or whatever color I wanted.

We settled on a dark blue-black for the main color. I was really impressed with how efficiently she did my hair. I'm a bit restless so I don't have my hair done very often. I thought the highlights would add an extra step that would take forever. She was able to do the highlights at the same time she dyed the rest of my hair. Adding the purple took another step but I was already prepared for that.

I also am a very big woman so I have a hard time sitting in the chairs at most salons. She was very accommodating and was able to provide a comfortable seat for me but still do her work well.

Yolanda Lusnia

Sihouette Hair Studio

542 College Ave
    Santa Rosa, CA 95404
    (707) 592-1419

4. TopTop #3
    kater

I, too wholeheartedly recommend Yolanda Lusnia as a conscientious, talented hair stylist. She's been styling and coloring my hair for several years and always goes the extra mile to make sure I'm happy with the results. Other stylists have begun to take me for granted after a while, but Yolanda always makes sure I'm still happy with color and style. She is friendly and nice, but doesn't feel compelled to make small talk, a quality I appreciate. And, as another reviewer stated, she always works with you to schedule a convenient appointment time. If you're looking for a good stylist with reasonable rates, you've found her!

Quote OneTimeFlowerChild wrote: View Post
    Ordinarily, I would not take the time to make a public THANK YOU for getting a good, no GREAT hair cut. But Yolanda was so amazing in every way imaginable I thought I must do more than pay, tip, smile, hug and gush THANK YOU over and over.

First off, I was able to get time that worked for me. Even though this was our first time together, she seemed to understand exactly what it was that I was looking for. The cut is perfect, absolutely perfect. I rarely get what I want when I get my hair cut and have learned to lower expectations. Yolanda exceeded my highest expectations! Whoopee !

She is fun, fast, friendly and yet we were comfortable not talking, too. The best part was watching her hands as she styled my hair. I felt as though an artist was creating a one-of-a-kind master piece - rather, the attention she gave to the styling reminded me of a master artist at work. Her hands were flying about as though responding to a song only she hears.

Priced reasonably and pleasant shop ~ what else can one ask for?

Yolanda
    Santa Rosa, downtown area

5. TopTop #4
    hotrodess

I feel the need to share this with the folks in this thread, and others. I've been trying to get my hair stylist to call me back and it has been over two weeks. Today, for the first time in a long time, I logged onto Wacco and selected 'Recent Posts'. The very first post is this thread. I feel like I was meant to find Yolanda. I will call today and post here once I get my haircut.

Many thanks to those of you who were awesome enough to share Yolanda's talents with us. "I'll be back." lol

6. TopTop #5
    hotrodess

I am baaaack............ I just had Yolanda cut my hair today. I was nervous but anxious to see how it was going to turn out at the same time. After my hair cut Yolanda styled my hair. My back was to the mirror so I couldn't see until she all finished. When she pushed the chair around so I was facing the mirror, I was so happy with my hair cut and style. I plan to return to Yolanda when I ready for any hair cuts in the future. She is nice. She takes her time and does a good job. I met her today for the first time. She made me feel very relaxed and reassured. The shop is nicely decorated and it was easy to find. ~ LAN

Quote hotrodess wrote: View Post
    I feel the need to share this with the folks in this thread, and others. I've been trying to get my hair stylist to call me back and it has been over two weeks. Today, for the first time in a long time, I logged onto Wacco and selected 'Recent Posts'. The very first post is this thread. I feel like I was meant to find Yolanda. I will call today and post here once I get my haircut.

Many thanks to those of you who were awesome enough to share Yolanda's talents with us. "I'll be back." lol

7. The following member has expressed gratitude to hotrodess for this post: