Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    sharingwisdom

About Assange's childhood background

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santin...rk_Association
    https://bigpeace.com/driehl/2010/12/...ulian-assange/

Assange's parents ran a touring theatre company. In 1979, his mother remarried; her new husband was a musician who belonged to a controversial New Age group led by Anne Hamilton-Byrne. (Santiniketan Park Association) also known as The Family and The Great White Brotherhood, is a controversial New Age group formed in Australia under the leadership of the Yoga teacher Anne Hamilton-Byrne.

Santiniketan Lodge...the association consisted of middle class, professional people; it has been estimated that a quarter were nurses and other medical personnel, and that many were recruited by Johnson who referred them to Hamilton-Byrne's hatha yoga classes.

During the late 1960s and 1970s Newhaven Hospital in Kew was a private psychiatric hospital owned and managed by Marion Villimek, a Santiniketan member; many of its staff and attending psychiatrists were also members. Many patients at Newhaven were treated with the hallucinogenic drug LSD.

The hospital was used to recruit potential new members from among the patients, and also to administer LSD to members under the direction of the Santiniketan psychiatrists Dr John Mackay and Dr Howard Whitaker. One of the original members of the Association was given LSD, electroconvulsive therapy and two leubotomies during the late 1960s. Although the psychiatric hospital had been closed down by 1992, in that year a new inquest was ordered into the death of a Newhaven patient in 1975 after new claims that his death had been due to deep sleep therapy. The inquest heard evidence concerning the use of electroconvulsive therapy, LSD and other practices at Newhaven but found no evidence that deep sleep had been used on this patient.

Anne Hamilton-Byrne acquired fourteen infants and young children between about 1968 and 1975. Some were the natural children of Santiniketan members, others had been obtained through irregular adoptions arranged by lawyers, doctors and social workers within the group who could bypass the normal processes. The children’s identities were changed using false birth certificates or deed poll, all being given the surname 'Hamilton-Byrne' and dressed alike even to the extent of their hair being dyed uniformly blonde. [the pictures are eerie...look like The Children of the Damned]. The children were kept in seclusion and home-schooled at Kia Lama, a rural property usually referred to as "Uptop", at Taylor Bay on Lake Eildon near the town of Eildon, Victoria. They were taught that Anne Hamilton-Byrne was their biological mother, and knew the other adults in the group as 'aunties' and 'uncles'. They were denied almost all access to the outside world, and subjected to a discipline that included frequent corporal punishment, starvation diets....frequently dosed with the psychiatric drugs Anatensol, Diazepam, Haloperidol, Largactil, Mogadon, Serepax, Stelazine, Tegretol or Tofranil. On reaching adolescence they were compelled to undergo an initiation involving LSD: while under the influence of the drug the child would be left in a dark room, alone apart from visits by Hamilton-Byrne or one of the psychiatrists from the group.

A few children managed to escape. One adoptive daughter, Sarah Hamilton-Byrne, later wrote a book, Unseen Unheard Unknown, in which she claimed, among other things, that children were stolen. She claimed that her biological mother had come to get rid of a baby and that members of the medical establishment in Melbourne and Geelong took part in a process where women were told that their babies had died at birth, when they had actually been taken away and eventually passed on to Anne Hamilton-Byrne

On 14 August 1987 a police raid on Kia Lama released the children still being held there.Anne Hamilton-Byrne and her husband, William, remained outside Australia for the next six years.

Operation Forest, an investigation involving police in Australia, the USA, and the United Kingdom resulted in their arrest in June 1993 by the FBI at the nearby town of Hurleyville in the Catskills. They were extradited to Australia and charged with conspiracy to defraud and to commit perjury by falsely registering the births of three unrelated children as their own triplets.

Elizabeth Whitaker, wife of the psychiatrist Howard Whitaker, was their co-defendant. The Hamilton-Byrnes pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of making a false declaration and were fined $5000 each; the charge against Whitaker was dropped.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2

Re: About Assange's childhood background

Whoa.... What does this say about Mr. Julian? I can't say for sure, but it's really creepy.

4. TopTop #3
    Marty M

Hello Everyone,
    One of my dearest friends (whom I have known for over17 years), an American (citizen by birth) born in another country was subjected to both lobotomies and experimental drug therapy in mental hospitals as a child in the 1970's. My friend is brilliant, graduated from a University of California medical school at age of 24 and is a completely sane and well respected physician.

These experiments, including lobotomies and weird drugs, went on in American mental hospitals at least into the 1950's. (sorry,I do not have time to research this).

I encourage anyone interested in, or speaking about Julian Assange to look at the interviews on Youtube. Just type in his name and click on the various interviews. They are short. Some of the interviewers ask difficult questions of him. I found his thinking to be sane, clear headed, well thought out and with integrity. He refers to himself as a journalist who believes in freedom of the press and the people's right to know.

Yes, I agree it is embarassing to me that my American government is involved in such stupid politics with other countries. So do we kill the messenger? Do we not want to know?

Marty

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sharingwisdom: View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santin...rk_Association
    https://bigpeace.com/driehl/2010/12/...ulian-assange/

Assange's parents ran a touring theatre company. In 1979, his mother remarried; her new husband was a musician who belonged to a controversial New Age group led by Anne Hamilton-Byrne. (Santiniketan Park Association) also known as The Family and The Great White Brotherhood, is a controversial New Age group formed in Australia under the leadership of the Yoga teacher Anne Hamilton-Byrne.

Santiniketan Lodge...the association consisted of middle class, professional people; it has been estimated that a quarter were nurses and other medical personnel, and that many were recruited by Johnson who referred them to Hamilton-Byrne's hatha yoga classes.

During the late 1960s and 1970s Newhaven Hospital in Kew was a private psychiatric hospital owned and managed by Marion Villimek, a Santiniketan member; many of its staff and attending psychiatrists were also members. Many patients at Newhaven were treated with the hallucinogenic drug LSD.

The hospital was used to recruit potential new members from among the patients, and also to administer LSD to members under the direction of the Santiniketan psychiatrists Dr John Mackay and Dr Howard Whitaker. One of the original members of the Association was given LSD, electroconvulsive therapy and two leubotomies during the late 1960s. Although the psychiatric hospital had been closed down by 1992, in that year a new inquest was ordered into the death of a Newhaven patient in 1975 after new claims that his death had been due to deep sleep therapy. The inquest heard evidence concerning the use of electroconvulsive therapy, LSD and other practices at Newhaven but found no evidence that deep sleep had been used on this patient.

Anne Hamilton-Byrne acquired fourteen infants and young children between about 1968 and 1975. Some were the natural children of Santiniketan members, others had been obtained through irregular adoptions arranged by lawyers, doctors and social workers within the group who could bypass the normal processes. The children’s identities were changed using false birth certificates or deed poll, all being given the surname 'Hamilton-Byrne' and dressed alike even to the extent of their hair being dyed uniformly blonde. [the pictures are eerie...look like The Children of the Damned]. The children were kept in seclusion and home-schooled at Kia Lama, a rural property usually referred to as "Uptop", at Taylor Bay on Lake Eildon near the town of Eildon, Victoria. They were taught that Anne Hamilton-Byrne was their biological mother, and knew the other adults in the group as 'aunties' and 'uncles'. They were denied almost all access to the outside world, and subjected to a discipline that included frequent corporal punishment, starvation diets....frequently dosed with the psychiatric drugs Anatensol, Diazepam, Haloperidol, Largactil, Mogadon, Serepax, Stelazine, Tegretol or Tofranil. On reaching adolescence they were compelled to undergo an initiation involving LSD: while under the influence of the drug the child would be left in a dark room, alone apart from visits by Hamilton-Byrne or one of the psychiatrists from the group.

A few children managed to escape. One adoptive daughter, Sarah Hamilton-Byrne, later wrote a book, Unseen Unheard Unknown, in which she claimed, among other things, that children were stolen. She claimed that her biological mother had come to get rid of a baby and that members of the medical establishment in Melbourne and Geelong took part in a process where women were told that their babies had died at birth, when they had actually been taken away and eventually passed on to Anne Hamilton-Byrne

On 14 August 1987 a police raid on Kia Lama released the children still being held there.Anne Hamilton-Byrne and her husband, William, remained outside Australia for the next six years.

Operation Forest, an investigation involving police in Australia, the USA, and the United Kingdom resulted in their arrest in June 1993 by the FBI at the nearby town of Hurleyville in the Catskills. They were extradited to Australia and charged with conspiracy to defraud and to commit perjury by falsely registering the births of three unrelated children as their own triplets.

Elizabeth Whitaker, wife of the psychiatrist Howard Whitaker, was their co-defendant. The Hamilton-Byrnes pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of making a false declaration and were fined $5000 each; the charge against Whitaker was dropped.

5. TopTop #4
    phooph

The Australian group called The Family originated out of a US cult called The Children of God which changed it's name after a lot of negative publicity. It has "chapters" all over the world. My sister was a member for many years and escaped back in the 80's and eventually liberated her children. One of her children committed suicide at the age of 29 due to personal and health problems (he was a raw food vegan), but the remainder are doing well. Although there has been a high rate of self destructive behavior among children raised in the group, others have gone on to live normal and productive lives. It is hard to say what effect this could have had on Assange. He may have come out of the experience with an abhorrence of secrecy and manipulation. I know my sister has developed very sharp senses when it comes to cultish behavior by various religions and groups.

6. TopTop #5
    sharingwisdom

Wow! I didn' know The Children of God were connected to this Australian group, The Family. I have a friend who lived in this American cult in the 70's and 80's. Initially, there was a lot of required sex among the adults with different partners than who they might have married to or partnered with, or with people outside the cult to get them into it in the name of God. He raised his children in it for awhile....until he discovered the level of molestation that was happening with the children, and that young children were being ordered to perform sex with assigned adults and told this is what was expected of them. Many of the cult members were molesting their own children. Berg, the head, who had molested his own children and grandchildren, was now pressuring him for his daughters. He got out of Dodge, but not soon enough to find that some of his children had already been abused. He is now dealing with why he got involved, only to discover his own childhood trauma. Thank you for helping me piece this together!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by phooph: View Post
    The Australian group called The Family originated out of a US cult called The Children of God which changed it's name after a lot of negative publicity. It has "chapters" all over the world. My sister was a member for many years and escaped back in the 80's and eventually liberated her children. One of her children committed suicide at the age of 29 due to personal and health problems (he was a raw food vegan), but the remainder are doing well. Although there has been a high rate of self destructive behavior among children raised in the group, others have gone on to live normal and productive lives. It is hard to say what effect this could have had on Assange. He may have come out of the experience with an abhorrence of secrecy and manipulation. I know my sister has developed very sharp senses when it comes to cultish behavior by various religions and groups.

7. TopTop #6
    phooph

Here is the listing for my sister on the X-Family wikipedia:
    https://www.xfamily.org/index.php/Vivian_Shillander

8. Gratitude expressed by: