Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    theindependenteye

New Puppet Video from Independent Eye

Friends—

Here's the first clip from our newest show, HANDS UP!, which we premiered in October. I'll work my way through the nine sketches, posting a new one every couple of days. If you like it, subscribe to "indepeye" on Youtube.

"The Weed" is the show opener, very simple-minded and relatively sparing of words, except profane mumblings - we're normally very text-heavy. A weed-maddened gardener attacks an intruder that just won't stop growing, but has to cope with the fact that it loves him anyway. Written & performed by Elizabeth & myself; I did the puppets, she did the music. Comments welcomed.

Peace & joy—

Conrad Bishop
    www.independenteye.org
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    kpage9

Re: New Puppet Video from Independent Eye

I didn't expect to be too crazy about this, since I've always put puppets in the same category as clowns--hokey, kind of stupid, a little creepy. But as Conrad's posts are the exact opposite of the above stereotype, I took the plunge, and will be first in line to buy tickets to the next production.

There is an intimacy to this--maybe it's because "behind the scenes" isn't too far away, or because the craft of the puppet is so obviously human. And it doesn't try to make us laugh, but the chuckles from the audience were plentiful--coming from appreciation (I think) of the way the set was used, the recognizable-from-real-life tale, and the merciful but sharp portrayal of the instinct to get caught up in competition/domination.

Thank you Conrad and Elizabeth!

kathy

Quote Posted in reply to the post by theindependenteye: View Post
    Friends—

Here's the first clip from our newest show, HANDS UP!, which we premiered in October. I'll work my way through the nine sketches, posting a new one every couple of days. If you like it, subscribe to "indepeye" on Youtube.

"The Weed" is the show opener, very simple-minded and relatively sparing of words, except profane mumblings - we're normally very text-heavy. A weed-maddened gardener attacks an intruder that just won't stop growing, but has to cope with the fact that it loves him anyway. Written & performed by Elizabeth & myself; I did the puppets, she did the music. Comments welcomed.

Peace & joy—

Conrad Bishop
    www.independenteye.org

3. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

4. TopTop #3

How come the link doesn't work for me?

5. TopTop #4
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by leela8: View Post
    How come the link doesn't work for me?
    I couldn't play it on my iphone - but it worked on my computer.