Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    OrchardDweller

End of Liberty (documentary)

trailer

full documentary (74 minutes)

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2

Re: End of Liberty (documentary)

Unfortunately, the people have been made too afraid by climate change to ever want liberty. This becomes very evident when people start talking about how great China is for implementing a one child policy, and when they start spouting their fears about over-population. The people now-a-days would rather see a dead person than a free one as they believe humans are scum and a disease to this planet. Liberty is out of the question for these folk. I would recommend trying to find your own land, starting your own family, and finding your own liberty. The masses are to delusional and self destructive to be reasoned with anymore. It a sad truth, but liberty is an obstacle for far too many. Thanks for posting this documentary OrchardDweller. I wish more people here cared, but a mere 16 views speaks volumes.

3. TopTop #3
    OrchardDweller

Don't get too discouraged there, Someguy. There is a mass awakening going on. We just happen to be in an area where people really care about the environment (as I do), but it is through "environmentalism" that they manipulate us, as they manipulate "the Right" with "The War on Terror". Keeping us scared. Either way, the government gets more power and we get less.

They use their controlled media to make us feel weak, helpless and guilty. Now instead of an "outside threat", we have been made to believe that we are our own enemy, just as Rockefeller's Club of Rome said in their book The First Global Revolution. As has already been pointed out elsewhere, Al Gore is a member of the Club of Rome. Maurice Strong, who started the UN's environmental movement, is now on the run for his crimes during the UN's Oil-for-Food program. Jesse Ventura's hit show Conspiracy Theory recently had an episode covering this subject, which can be viewed on youtube.

Maybe it's just our area, or just our country. But worldwide, people are waking up and speaking out and fighting back. Ireland. France. Germany. Iceland... There is truly a global awakening occurring. Check out the reaction in Spain

4. TopTop #4
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by someguy: View Post
    Unfortunately, the people have been made too afraid by climate change to ever want liberty. ...... I wish more people here cared, but a mere 16 views speaks volumes.
    it might mean that people aren't as panicked at "loss of liberty" as you might wish. That could be because they're just happier sheep, but maybe it's because they don't see that the types of "liberty" that are being threatened are all that meaningful; they feel the need for collective action and collective benefit are what's being given short shrift.
    As Zappa said, "Free is when you don't have to do nothing or pay for nothing. I want to be free! Free as the wind!"

5. Gratitude expressed by:

6. TopTop #5

Quote Posted in reply to the post by podfish: View Post
    it might mean that people aren't as panicked at "loss of liberty" as you might wish. That could be because they're just happier sheep, but maybe it's because they don't see that the types of "liberty" that are being threatened are all that meaningful; they feel the need for collective action and collective benefit are what's being given short shrift.
    As Zappa said, "Free is when you don't have to do nothing or pay for nothing. I want to be free! Free as the wind!"
    Personally I think Zappa is right about that. I don't think however that people are truly fighting for that kind of freedom. A lot of people that I speak to here on Wacco want humans to become a thing of the past. They find humans to be abhorrent and inherently destructive to the planet, so they would rather strip all liberties from the people by killing them or making them infertile against their will. This to me, is anti-freedom, anti-human, and most of all anti-love. I am all about breaking out this economic structure that only serves to enslave us. I am all for keeping our environment clean and prosperous. But with these attitudes of destruction that people hold dear under the guise of compassion were in for anything but collective benefit.

7. TopTop #6
    Valley Oak

It would be a really good discussion for people to talk about what their preferred definition of "freedom" or "liberty" is. That's a good reason why we are having so many conflicts over public policy. Someone's definition of these words is being trampled on no matter who is in power.

This profound disagreement over what "freedom" is, makes governing the country nearly impossible. Unlike almost all other countries in the world, the United States often time must attempt, unsuccessfully, to run the nation with a "divided government," that is, an executive with a hostile national legislature, such as what Obama is going to face now. The Republicans don't have the same "mandate" they got in 1994 when they were swept into majorities in both houses of Congress but they will try to act as if they did. (Newt Gingrich destroyed his own political career because of his government shutdown against Clinton.) The American people, despite their limited thought processes, did not take away Obama's majority in the US Senate. But without control over the "purse strings" in the House of Representatives, this promises to be a very frustrating two years to come for everyone.

We need a parliamentary form of government, or at least one where the majority in Congress reflects the same political party occupying the presidency. Divided government is a very bad thing indeed; there is almost nothing, if anything at all, that is good with our system of government, where one or both houses of Congress is in the hands of one political party, acting with hostility toward the president only because he is of the opposite party.

8. TopTop #7
    OrchardDweller

Quote Posted in reply to the post by podfish: View Post
    I am not sure who and what are you talking about, but I am talking about this, for example. This type of thing is not a concern for some I take it.