Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Jude Iam

Call to stop this takeover legislation! (S.510 - “Food Safety” )

More real/surreal reality; just keep breathing deeply.
    Call, along with whatever else you do.
    Best blessings,
    judith

See also this link... https://www.ftcldf.org/petitions/pnum1061.php for a ready petition to sign.

"however the latest 225 page version of this piece of legislation still includes specific wording designed to stop you from growing your own food, and makes you fully dependent on grocery stores, food manufacturers, and producers of genetically modified food and fish for all of your food. There are also civil and criminal penalities for people who break these laws. This law, if enacted, makes it an offense for the public to grow, own, trade, transport, share, feed any food that is grown, whether for sale or not.

It restricts the production of food in the small number of quickly disappearing family farms, and opens the door for factory farming to completely take over agriculture. These proposed laws, which have been on the table for several months, directly limit your liberty and freedom to grow a few vegetables and fruits on your own property, and share nature's bounty with family and friends."

EMERGENCY ALERT! NOVEMBER 15, 2010
    RED ALERT! S.510 WILL PASS ON WEDNESDAY
    UNLESS WE PUSH BACK HARD NOW!

https://www.healthfreedomusa.org/?p=7446
    Campaign for Libertybroke the story earlier today [Monday 11.15.10] that S.510, the horrific, fake “food safety” bill (and possibly its evil companions, S.3767 and the discredited S.3002) will be pushed through the Lame Duck Congress this week. It is definitely on the Obama Lame Duck Agenda. Our friends in DC have confirmed this.

Update: 11.15.10 10 PM: Tea Party Nation reports: “On Wednesday, there will be a cloture vote on Senate bill S.510.”

IT IS URGENT THAT EVERY HEALTH AND FOOD FREEDOM GROUP WARN THEIR SUPPORTERS AND FLOOD CONGRESS WITH “NO S.510!” MESSAGES, STARTING NOW!

Please forward this message widely. Please "take the Action Item" below each day this week, for each person in your family!

If you need information about the bills, see our Talking Points here:
    https://www.healthfreedomusa.org/?p=6910
    Our action item, to email US Senators, is here:
    https://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/568/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=4613
    THIS IS A RED ALERT! WE MUST FLOOD THE SENATE NOW!
    Last November 150,000 emails held the bill in committee for nearly a year;
    WE NEED EVEN MORE PUSH BACK RIGHT NOW!

DON'T FORGET: If you are involved in health care in any way, your determination to not allow your profession to be abused is of utmost importance. Take the Health Keeper's Oath and pass it along to everyone you can reach in health care in any way.
    www.HealthKeepersOath.org

Last edited by Barry; 11-16-2010 at 03:22 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Geni Houston

Re: Is FOOD relevant to General Community? IF SO: Call to stop this takeover legislation!

this cannot possibly be true

4. TopTop #3
    busyb555

Re: Call to stop this takeover legislation! (S.510 - “Food Safety” )

Is this the hope and change you all thought Obama would bring. I liked things better before the new world order came.

5. TopTop #4
    Claire

wtf??? we bin sold down river?

I had not even heard of this bill.

6. TopTop #5
    Gene

Hard to believe. Can anyone come up with the page, paragraphs of this legislation that would restrict my right to grow food. I can't see how the courts or the people would allow this. I can see it now "habitual vegetable gardener gets three years". If it is true however and it does hold up in court, well, may be time to start the revolution !

7. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

8. TopTop #6
    Claire

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Gene: View Post
    Hard to believe. Can anyone come up with the page, paragraphs of this legislation that would restrict my right to grow food. I can't see how the courts or the people would allow this. I can see it now "habitual vegetable gardener gets three years". If it is true however and it does hold up in court, well, may be time to start the revolution !

Well, here's some of what I found, although I didn't have time to really read the links.
    On Huffington Post there was someone saying this is just an internet hoax, but as you read down there are links to reputable organizations decrying this. Snopes details where certain "facts" have been misconstrued or seemingly do not have the potential to turn ridiculously ugly. But I like nuts in my pablum.
    Michael Pollan made a plea to Congress to veto this bill. I would trust him to bring his knowledge and insight to the areas of potential harm for the organic farmers, small farms and regular gardeners. I will read his words when I get a chance.
    There is a wealth of info by googling "s.510 bill".
    Did it pass? I was told that both our Senators voted for this.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/socia..._57208486.html

https://www.farmtoconsumer.org/s510-...ng-kennedy.htm

9. TopTop #7
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by busyb555: View Post
    Is this the hope and change you all thought Obama would bring. I liked things better before the new world order came.
    I can't imagine what kind of jaded view makes anyone able to believe that you could be prevented from eating food you grow. There may be a lot of intrusive government regulation - hell, you can't grow and smoke your own dope, which to my mind is pretty close - but it's deliberately cultivated paranoia to make that claim seriously. I mean, I didn't trust the judgment of the last administration at all, but I'd never have believed a claim that they'd actually implant listening devices in my dental work...

10. Gratitude expressed by:

11. TopTop #8
    Claire

Quote Posted in reply to the post by podfish: View Post
    I can't imagine what kind of jaded view makes anyone able to believe that you could be prevented from eating food you grow. There may be a lot of intrusive government regulation - hell, you can't grow and smoke your own dope, which to my mind is pretty close - but it's deliberately cultivated paranoia to make that claim seriously. I mean, I didn't trust the judgment of the last administration at all, but I'd never have believed a claim that they'd actually implant listening devices in my dental work...
    You're right. That was by far the furthest reach of any article I've seen written on this.
    That said, the matter of seed is a huge issue, and it will continue to grow. (?)
    I do remember people trying to find tobacco seed to grow one's own smoke. Impossible! How did they do that?
    Oh, and could you tilt your head back a bit? You're not coming in very clearly. :)

12. TopTop #9
    Claire

Quote Posted in reply to the post by claire ossenbeck: View Post
    You're right. That was by far the furthest reach of any article I've seen written on this.
    That said, the matter of seed is a huge issue, and it will continue to grow. (?)
    I do remember people trying to find tobacco seed to grow one's own smoke. Impossible! How did they do that?
    Oh, and could you tilt your head back a bit? You're not coming in very clearly. :)

The final vote will happen early today! We do NOT want this law.

Why? Here are the legal ramifications for the various industries (and smaller) that it will affect:
    https://www.farmtoconsumer.org/s510-r...ng-kennedy.htm

Call, write our senators, if you care:

https://salsa.democracyinaction.org/...ction_KEY=4613

There are dozens of orgs that oppose this measure. They are hoping we can still flood the mailboxes and switchboards.

13. TopTop #10
    Claire

Yes! Here is some major progress.
    A message from the Alliance for Natural Health USA:
    A message from the Alliance for Natural Health USA
    Draconian Food Safety Bill Language Defeated For Now!

We’re thrilled to announce that today , thanks to your calls and letters, the Senate Food Safety bill (S. 510) will not include those obscene ten-year jail sentences for food and supplement manufacturers who violate complicated FDA rules. Senate offices were deluged with your messages, and the Senate leadership listened to you!
    Sen. Tom Harkin (D-IA) is the manager of S. 510. He has pulled together what is called a Manager’s Amendment, which will replace S. 510; that package does not include the language from Sen. Leahy’s bill. There was a unanimous consent agreement in the Senate on Wednesday as to what amendments will or will not be raised when the bill is debated on Monday, November 29. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) says they have agreed to “up to five” amendments, mostly procedural, and ANH-USA has been assured by Sen. Harkin’s office that Sen. Leahy’s bill is not among them. Neither the bill nor its language can be considered without another unanimous consent vote by the entire Senate, so that issue is now dead.
    ANH-USA has further learned that Sen. Hatch worked with Sen. Leahy to remove a section from the Leahy bill that specifically targeted supplements and made a lapse in filing to the FDA subject to the full ten-year jail term (see the reference to subsection V of Section 301 of the Federal Food and Drug Act). This is important, because this was the worst part of the bill, and Sen. Leahy could attempt to pass his bill again, either during the Lame Duck session or in the next Congress. We are grateful to Sen. Hatch and Sen. Leahy for working together to remove this provision.
    This is the second S. 510 victory for ANH-USA members and allies. You may remember that last year we were able to make sure the bill did not require the development of a plan to harmonize with the Codex Alimentarius, which would have reduced access to higher, therapeutic doses of nutrients in dietary supplements.
    We’re pleased that now no one will be putting small food and supplement producers (even mom-and-pop operations) in jail for ten years simply for running afoul of mindlessly complex FDA rules. This is an exciting day for natural health and health freedom.
    Some background, for readers who haven’t been following the bill’s progress as closely:
    The House version of the Food Safety bill passed some time ago. That bill includes draconian ten-year jail terms for even minor paperwork violations. Long jail terms were explicitly rejected by the Senate committee that put together the Senate’s version of the bill. But Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT) introduced his own bill, the Food Safety Accountability Act (S. 3767). This bill adds back the ten-year jail terms for adulterating or misbranding food.
    Bear in mind, the FDA defines those terms in its own way. In the FDA’s view, “adulteration” includes recordkeeping violations, while “misbranding” includes citing peer-reviewed science about the benefits of a dietary supplement. This new threat of sanctions would have given the FDA a hammer with which to threaten and coerce companies engaging in completely legal activities.
    Sen. Leahy subsequently amended his bill to reserve the jail terms for someone who “consciously or recklessly disregard[s] a risk of death or serious bodily injury.” But of course, what is conscious or unconscious, intentional or unintentional, is to be decided by FDA prosecutors. No actual harm is necessary!

14. Gratitude expressed by:

15. TopTop #11

There is a lot of misinformation going on in this thread so I urge you all to go here https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s111-510 and read the bill and watch the videos. Happy hunting.