Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Charlie

Interested in building 'Lifeboat Community'?

...that is, a community focused on the challenges of peak oil, climate change, and resource depletion. I am interested in a practical, 'nuts and bolts' approach---there are enough groups focused on emotional/psychological/spiritual aspects of 'living in community' already available. Let's prioritize our work as we would in any other emergency response preparation (?). Feel the urgency? Let's talk...
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    gaiabee

Re: Interested in building 'Lifeboat Community'?

You might be interested in some of the working groups forming under the Transition Sebastopol umbrella (https://www.transitionsebastopol.org), since that is what Transition groups are seeking to address (https://www.transitionus.org). There IS also a Heart & Soul group, but other groups such as Energy (meeting Monday Oct. 25), the Seed Bank (meeting Oct. 30), Reskilling (Reskilling Fair on Nov. 6), and Ready for Anything (GREAT event with Richard Heinberg coming Nov. 16) have other specific focus areas. There will also be an intro class to a new Transition for Sustainable Living program on Dec. 4...

Hope there's something useful in there for ya! Cheers!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Charlie: View Post
    ...that is, a community focused on the challenges of peak oil, climate change, and resource depletion. I am interested in a practical, 'nuts and bolts' approach---there are enough groups focused on emotional/psychological/spiritual aspects of 'living in community' already available. Let's prioritize our work as we would in any other emergency response preparation (?). Feel the urgency? Let's talk...

3. TopTop #3
    CSummer

Re: Interested in building 'Lifeboat Community'?

I am very interested in knowing about groups focused on the psychological and relational aspects of living in community, as this is where I believe the kind of cooperative community of mutual support I'm seeking (and wanting to help build) must begin. Since I'm not aware of any such local groups, I would greatly appreciate any info you (or anyone) might have about them (even one!).

Thanks!
    CS

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Charlie: View Post