Special guest Mark Jacoby

Mark Jacoby is a computer engineer and a search-and-rescue emergency medical technician. He has shared his near-death experience with audiences across the United States, detailing his experience and the effect on his life. Mark's story has been featured on the Discovery Channel and CBS Evening News.

He'll tell about his terrible Jeep accident and how his life-changing, near-death experience began above his hospital bed, where his broken body lay.

"I looked down on the people. . . . They looked different. . . . It was as if their outlines had been traced with a crayon of light, producing an orange glow around the lines of their bodies. I could see the air, and it was as if the air molecules were a translucent purple. Then there was a kind of hissing sound, as I floated through what would have been the ceiling. I continued to move upward toward something to which I was strongly attracted. It was more like the world was rapidly moving away from me than I from it. The scene below me seemed to stretch away in an infinite distortion . . . ."

Mark's death experience is particularly instructive because it included what is known as a "life review" -- not merely seeing the events of one's life, but understanding and feeling how every action and thought had affected others.
"I was judging myself," he says -- but he did so with a "being of light" by his side, comforting him.

This event changed his life.

"I realized that I wasn't who I had thought I was. And now I have absolutely no fear of death. I discovered that the purpose of being here is to exist as love. It is as if the emotion of love is what I have always been, and the only thing that I have been, and what I will always be."

We invite you to join Ellie and Lewis to greet Mark and hear his story.

Both Ellie Schamber and Lewis Griggs have spoken at the International Association of Near-Death Studies conferences and to other organizations.

The International Association for Near-Death Studies (IANDS) is the only membership organization in the world devoted exclusively to providing information about near-death and related experiences to experiencers, researchers, educators, health care providers, and the interested public.

Ellie Schamber explains, "I was an atheist and did not believe that there is a soul that can exist apart from the body." As a teaching assistant at U.C. Berkeley during the sixties, she was involved in the political activities there and taught her students that "religion is the opiate of the people." When she was involved in a fatal car accident, she was shocked to discover that she had been mistaken. "Looking down at my body, I was dumbfounded! I realized that my belief system and all the activities I had based on it had been wrong." It took many years for Ellie to come to grips with the experiences she had after she died. She explains that when she finally told people about her experiences, it seemed to help them. "This made me more open to talking about the experiences I had when I was on the other side, and the spiritual experiences I have had since then. I want to let people know what the Truth is, and why we are here, and what the implications are for our lives."

Lewis Brown Griggs has an equally remarkable story. Born of direct Mayflower heritage into privileged American aristocracy, his lifestyle reflected that ethnocentric value system. During the first of his two death experiences, Lewis discovered that we are on earth to fulfill a particular Purpose, and that he had not been on the right path. He was told that he must return to earth to teach people to appreciate diversity in our common humanity. Since then, his work has included teaching corporations that valuing diversity, relationship and Spirit maximizes organizational effectiveness. To learn more about the work Lewis was guided to do, visit his website at www.Griggs.com.

Is There Life After Death?

When: Fridays...
October 8 with special guest, Mark Jacoby
November 12 (special guest TBA)
December 10 (special guest TBA)
January 14, 2011 (special guest TBA)

Time: 7:30 to 10 pm
Where: Sunrise Center 645 Tamalpais Dr., Suite. A, Corte Madera 94925
Tuition: $20 suggested donation. No one turned away for lack of funds.
Pre-Reg: Requested, not required. Drop-in Okay,

Please RSVP: 415-924-7824 or [email protected]

For More information about other Sunrise Center events please
visit our Calendar page (https://www.sunrise-center.org/calendar.html).