Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Margaret & Gary

Barry's Pick: OH MY GODDESS! Benefit for Ceres

Barry's Pick
    OH MY GODDESS!

If you haven't seen OH MY GODDESS! yet, go see it this weekend! You'll love it! It's both highly entertaining and funny while being quite profound.

Not only will you have a great time, you'll be supporting the wonderful work of the Ceres Community Project, who provide local/organic meals for individuals and families facing cancer and other life threatening diseases, while teaching teens how to cook and be in service.

So what are you waiting for? Get your advance tickets now! It will make your "Ma" happy!

Barry

~ ~ Oh My Goddess!

A One-Woman Comedy of Biblical Proportions
    Written & performed by Sherry Glaser
    October 15 & 16
    8pm

The Glaser Center
    547 Mendocino Ave., Santa Rosa

A benefit for Ceres Community Project

I have seen this play numerous times and am moved again each time. It is
    as deeply moving and spiritual, as it irreverent and funny. It is good medicine for these crazy times. Hope you can come!!!

Sherry Glaser returns to Sonoma County for two benefit performances of Oh My Goddess!, a one-woman comedy of biblical proportions. A comedy with heart and soul, Oh My Goddess! reminds us of why we are here, the truth of our origins and connection to all life.

In Oh My Goddess! Sherry Glaser plays two characters. The first, Miguel De Cervantes, is a common man, a waiter for the past 25 years. He tells his story of being chosen to channel the return of the Great Jewish Mother of us all. God’s “better half” is just waking up from a five-thousand year nap. She tells her side of the creation story. As the Goddess, reclaiming her status as Co-creator of all things, Sherry Glaser imbues simple facts of life with profound hilarity and enlightening humor. (How can you have a father without a mother? You know better.) Ma is not handing down commandments but she does have a to-do list that touches and delights audiences.

Sherry Glaser, starred in and co-wrote Family Secrets, the longest running one-woman show on off-Broadway history.

Paul Hawken says, “Sherry dives into everyday life and lifts you into the realm of joyous, belly-splitting laughter… The progressive movement has found their comedic muse and she rocks!”

According to Michael Parenti “Sherry Glaser is a supremely gifted and inventive performer. Devilishly clever, continually funny, touching, and politically perceptive. She gives great theater!”

Advance tickets are $20 General/$15 Student and Senior.
    Tickets are available at all Copperfield’s Books
    Last Record Store
    The Glaser Center
    Online at Brown Paper Tickets brownpapertickets.com
    Tickets at the door are $25 General/$20 Student and Senior.

https://www.ceresproject.org

Last edited by Barry; 10-14-2010 at 05:46 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Tinque

"Oh My Goddess"......

I had the extreme privilege to get to see Sherry Glaser tonight at the Glaser Center. She was Amazing< Funny < Poignant < Realistic < She had me laughing , crying , thoughtful and reminded all of us of the unnecessary crap that we, in general , put ourselves through . Her range of different feelings ,emotions , and sarcasm was amazing to see. She had the whole audience participating . From singing Row , Row , Row Your Boat to making your "angry face". She reminded us all in the audience to stop , think and take a breath.

Last edited by Tinque; 10-17-2010 at 12:30 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by: