Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Peter O

Santa Rosa Creek Bike trail (Fulton to Willowside)

I wonder what the county will do! The 'newly paved' bike trail has enormous cracks which started within days of its opening in July this year. If a contractor had paved my driveway and the result was full of big cracks within days, I might have expected them to return and make 'right' the work they did. The monies were apparently federal and the trail within the county but overseed by the Regional parks, The Water Agency, and others. Apparently, again. teh contractor was from outside the government, and the inspection of the work done from the County. I have heard that it is excusable because we are strapped for funds; therefore it's OK to do shoddy work... I strongly disagree and hope the County will soon broadcast what they are going to do about this unsuccessful work.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Artaloha

Re: Santa Rosa Creek Bike trail (Fulton to Willowside)

I have to agree with you on this: it seems there's a lack of follow-through on these problem public works jobs. Most private individuals would have sued or taken other legal action to correct the situation by now. Perhaps it's that there's just no one individual responsible for that follow-up, or no routine response in place, to follow up on this type of problem. I would imagine it lies with the City Attorney to respond or act on this. It's a shame to see public funds go to waste in these situations, particularly at a time when funds are so scarce to begin with.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email