Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shandi

FREE Solar Systems to low income home owners

FREE Solar Electric Systems

In an effort to ease the burden of high utility costs and to help the environment, North Coast Energy Services (NCES) will be offering FREE solar electric systems—including installation and home weatherization—to qualifying homeowners in Marin, Napa, Sonoma and Solano Counties. This pilot program, funded by the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), is offered at no cost to qualifying homeowners. Qualification is based on the number of people in the home and current (within the previous six weeks at time of application) income.

Number of People in the Home - Monthly Income
    1 - $2,482
    2 - $3,246
    3 - $4,010
    4 - $4,774

In addition to income, the roof of the home must be in good shape and not be flat. Also, there are shading and roof position factors that need to be analyzed by a Real Goods Solar Power Consultant to make sure that the Solar Electric System will be efficient. Mobile homes are not eligible in this pilot program.

NCES is a non-profit organization that provides utility bill assistance and weatherization programs in seven Northern California counties, including Marin, Lake, Mendocino, Sonoma, Napa, Solano and Yolo. NCES will utilize two licensed contractors based in Mendocino County for this program, Gaia Energy Systems and Real Goods, to install the solar electric systems and provide home weatherization.

For more information on this program and to request an application, call Stephen Vick 415-250-0856
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: FREE Solar Systems to low income home owners

Thanks Shandi for sharing this!

This appear to be on the level and is a fabulous opportunity for people who meet the income threshold!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    FREE Solar Electric Systems

In an effort to ease the burden of high utility costs and to help the environment, North Coast Energy Services (NCES) will be offering FREE solar electric systems—including installation and home weatherization—to qualifying homeowners in Marin, Napa, Sonoma and Solano Counties. This pilot program, funded by the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), is offered at no cost to qualifying homeowners. Qualification is based on the number of people in the home and current (within the previous six weeks at time of application) income.

Number of People in the Home - Monthly Income
    1 - $2,482
    2 - $3,246
    3 - $4,010
    4 - $4,774

In addition to income, the roof of the home must be in good shape and not be flat. Also, there are shading and roof position factors that need to be analyzed by a Real Goods Solar Power Consultant to make sure that the Solar Electric System will be efficient. Mobile homes are not eligible in this pilot program.

NCES is a non-profit organization that provides utility bill assistance and weatherization programs in seven Northern California counties, including Marin, Lake, Mendocino, Sonoma, Napa, Solano and Yolo. NCES will utilize two licensed contractors based in Mendocino County for this program, Gaia Energy Systems and Real Goods, to install the solar electric systems and provide home weatherization.

For more information on this program and to request an application, call Stephen Vick 415-250-0856

4. TopTop #3

Thank you Waccobb.net!

This posting and then Barry's reply lead to me calling and applying for this program.

Today I have a team installing solar panels on my roof, after the city inspection and a final check off from PG&E I will be generating solar power on my roof and sending it back to the grid for credits.

I love Waccobb.net but now I love it even more! Were it not for this ad being posted on here, I would have never known about this program.
    [B][FONT=Palatino Linotype]~The FireGoddess[/FONT][/B]~[URL="http://firegoddess.artfire.com/"] http://firegoddess.artfire.com[/URL]

5. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: