Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Gina Williams

Bio-Identical Hormones

Hello,

I'm in the process of researching Bio-Identical Hormones. I've been reading Natural Hormone Balancing and talking with women and my doctor and nutritionist. I'm hearing from women who have recently starting taking Bio's - that they feel so much better in many ways.

From the nutrition perspective the questions are arising - Is it better to support the liver to improve hormone processesing rather than taking the Bio's? and is it possible that the underlying cause of hormone imbalance is low liver function? There is also some question of how long the Bio's will work well for. I'm curious to hear from women what their experience is with using Bio's, especially if they have been on them for more than a few years. Also, any recommendations for Sebastopol MD's that are knowledgeable and working with hormone level testing and Bio's.

Thanks for sharing any knowledge and experiences you have!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    alanora

Re: Bio-Identical Hormones

My understanding is that the normal range of lab values for estrogen is quite large, therefore the way you feel becomes a more accurate measurement, within reasonable bounds of course, than your blood value, of the right amount for you. There are possibly other things to address either first or concurrently, such as other glandular function like thyroid levels and/or food allergies. There is screening to rule out contraindications like breast cancer. A good history becomes invaluable as well as an experienced practitioner. This said, while I am typing this I see a half banner ad for Women's medicine at Amitabha clinic at the top of the page, so I do not need to go and get their number for you, only to copy it..829-5900.I saw Dr. Cheri Quincy there approximately 5 months ago and have had excellent results, starting pretty quickly. She has been very helpful to me, and generous with her opinion when asked. She is a fairly thorough historian.
    Sorry I can tell you nothing about long term effects.
    I think of liver as a filtering and detoxifying or blood cleansing organ and am not sure how that would help with hormone levels exactly. Hope that helps. Blessings. Happy to answer any other questions if I am able. Mindy
    Last edited by alanora; 03-25-2010 at 08:02 PM.

3. TopTop #3
    quincydoc

Well said alanora. Just let me add some approaches to sorting out the influence of the liver. It is a major site for hormone metabolism and de-activation, and can be affected by your genetics, other medications or supplements, infections and inflammation, diet, or even sleep and exercise. So, for example, Hepatitis C, or high triglycerides, iron storage problems, or gluten intolerance are examples of interacting conditions. If your intuition/sense is that there may be a liver issue, you’d want to figure out exactly what kind of issues there are, before doing any “general” detox.

I’ve been working with Bio-identicals for about 15 years, and continue to learn more about hormones in relationship to our moods, choices, and brain function, as well as general health effects. It's a fascinating medical/health area, enjoy your research. If I can help let me know.

C. Quincy

4. TopTop #4
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by quincydoc: View Post
    I’ve been working with Bio-identicals for about 15 years, and continue to learn more about hormones in relationship to our moods, choices, and brain function, as well as general health effects. It's a fascinating medical/health area, enjoy your research. If I can help let me know.

C. Quincy

I want to thank "quincydoc" (Dr. Cheri Quincy) for stepping in here. She is a Dr. at the Amitabha Medical Clinic in Sebastopol which specializes in Women's Medicine and is a sponsor of WaccoBB.net. Thanks!

5. TopTop #5
    AllorrahBe

My pharmacy recently gave me a little card that says:

WARNING: FDA & WYETH WANT TO TAKE AWAY YOUR MEDICINE! ACT NOW AND YOU CAN STOP THEM!

URGENT NOTICE
    The Situation

Bowing to pressure from Wyeth, a big pharmaceutical company, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is asserting a new policy to deny women's access to bioidentical hormones. If this policy is enforced, federal regulators will deny hundreds f thousands of women access to many commonly compounded hormone replacement therapies. Federal regulators will decide what medicines you can take instead of you and your doctor. Do you really want to leave your customized medicine needs in the hands of the government?

The Solution
    You can help by joining Patients and Professionals for Customized Care (P2C2). P2C2 brings together patients, physicians, veterinarians, pharmacists and healthcare advocates who know how critical compounded medicines are to modern, individualized healthcare.

Membership is free. It's easy - it only takes 15 seconds to join. It's effective - Congress listens to their constituents.

Your voice is critical to win this battle. Together, we can be one voice and save your medication choices.

Join P2C2 at www.savemymedicine.org today.

P2C2 - Patients and Professionals for Customized Care

Many Blessings,
    Rev. Allorrah Be
    Clinical and Alchemical Hypnotherapist and BodyWorker
    707/526-1247
    [email protected]

Quote Posted in reply to the post by alanora: View Post
    My understanding is that the normal range of lab values for estrogen is quite large, therefore the way you feel becomes a more accurate measurement, within reasonable bounds of course, than your blood value, of the right amount for you. There are possibly other things to address either first or concurrently, such as other glandular function like thyroid levels and/or food allergies. There is screening to rule out contraindications like breast cancer. A good history becomes invaluable as well as an experienced practitioner. This said, while I am typing this I see a half banner ad for Women's medicine at Amitabha clinic at the top of the page, so I do not need to go and get their number for you, only to copy it..829-5900.I saw Dr. Cheri Quincy there approximately 5 months ago and have had excellent results, starting pretty quickly. She has been very helpful to me, and generous with her opinion when asked. She is a fairly thorough historian.
    Sorry I can tell you nothing about long term effects.
    I think of liver as a filtering and detoxifying or blood cleansing organ and am not sure how that would help with hormone levels exactly. Hope that helps. Blessings. Happy to answer any other questions if I am able. Mindy