Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    David MySky

Do you like to garden?

I moved to the Russian River area last year, not far from Steelhead Beach, and have just recently started to work in the garden out back that has been neglected for way too long. The landlord told me I could knock myself out back there, so I have been clearing out weeds and overgrown brush. (He had just recently purchased this property.) There is a huge, flat back yard, with a fenced area about 20' x 20' (a guess.) While I am finding it very therapeutic clearing it out, and am looking forward to growing something back there, the truth is, I really don't know much about gardening. I also have several potted plants that I have been lugging around with me. (I rent, therefore, I move.)

Most of my friends are scattered about Sonoma, Marin, and San Francisco, so I am looking for new friends up this way. When not working out in the garden, I play drums in 3 bands, enjoy baseball- I write for a baseball blog that gets about 10k hits/mo- backgammon, chess, TV crime dramas, and good psycho-thrillers. I am 420 friendly and legal, but haven't asked him yet if I could grow any of that, and I only use at night shortly before bedtime, and on rare, and I emphasize rare, occasion may smoke earlier than that. Very EZ alcohol, too.
    Last edited by Barry; 01-24-2010 at 02:48 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Califoon

Re: Do you like to garden?

Hey, if you were interested, you could grow food for the Guernville senior center and the food bank in Forestville. they take food from Gleaners all the time. Does it look like the backyard would get much sun? Are you in redwoods? Whats the dirt like?
    ~Califoon (guitar and bass)
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email