Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    johnm

Need a place to hold a private camping/music event on private land

Hello,
    I am looking for a place to hold a private event in the spring.
    This would include loud music late into the night and people camping.
    No buildings are needed, just land/space. (Although a barn or something similar would be nice to keep the musicians protected from the elements.)
    Ideally this would take place in a secluded rural setting that has access to electricity, although generators could be brought in for power. No 'facilities' need exist, we can rent some port-a-potties and bring our own drinking water.
    I would expect that neighbors would have to be quite some distance so as not to be bothered by late night noise. No trash would remain after we leave, no alterations made to the landscape. A conscious/mindful group to be sure.
    Reasonable financial compensation for the landowner would be expected, specifics could be discussed along with the number of possible guests.
    Thank you for your time and consideration.
    JohnM
    Last edited by johnm; 12-20-2009 at 07:00 PM. Reason: incomplete
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Need a place to hold a private camping/music event on private land

Sounds like fun, John!
    The Mark West Lodge has a big open space across the road from the lodge that I believe might be suitable. Worth a call.

Home - Mark West Lodge : Sonoma,County,valley,wedding,wine country,site,location,reception,venue,

Quote Posted in reply to the post by johnm: View Post
    Hello,
    No buildings are needed, just land/space. (Although a barn or something similar would be nice to keep the musicians protected from the elements.)
    Ideally this would take place in a secluded rural setting that has access to electricity, although generators could be brought in for power. No 'facilities' need exist, we can rent some port-a-potties and bring our own drinking water.
    I would expect that neighbors would have to be quite some distance so as not to be bothered by late night noise. No trash would remain after we leave, no alterations made to the landscape. A conscious/mindful group to be sure.
    Reasonable financial compensation for the landowner would be expected, specifics could be discussed along with the number of possible guests.
    JohnM

3. TopTop #3
    bodegahead

Re: Need a place to hold a private camping/music event on private land

Try this, very nice, near my place. I have seen bands fly in from Jamaca there for weddings there and they go real late.
    www.compassrosegardens.com/ -
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by johnm: View Post
    Hello,
    JohnM