Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    coach4miracles

Have Baggage; Will Claim...

Any readers of personal ads and internet dating profiles out there? I find it amazing how many people--especially of the female variety--specify that they have "no baggage" and want a partner with this same qualification.

I much prefer the compassionate and practical wisdom offered by John and Bonney Grey in their book "Becoming Soulmates." They recognize that we *all* have baggage, and that the key to a workable relationship is that each partner make "frequent trips to the Baggage Claim Department."

If there are any women out there who share this perspective, please let me know. I have been working on myself for the past 40 years--with considerable amounts of dollars and time invested--and believe that such work has resulted in self-awareness; the ability to express myself in a genuine way; and a compassionate perspective on the emotions & foibles of others (as well as my own).

I am interested in developing friendships, business & musical partnerships, and--ultimately--an intimate life-partner. If any of these notions and desires resonate with you, please respond privately, and I'll share more about myself, and a pic. Am also interested in public comments on this post by men and women.

Thanks!
    Don
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Emptysky

Re: Have Baggage; Will Claim...

Good perspective. I have found that much of the baggage I've had actually belongs to others.

3. TopTop #3
    alanora

Re: Have Baggage; Will Claim...

I love the baggage analogy mostly for the way it works around the ability to put it down and know that if you want to you can pick it up again. It makes growth feel safer, less scary. The claiming idea is a good one, however the cartoon that comes up around the baggage claim in my mind is distracting what with all the attempts at foisting it off on others and arguments about rightful ownership is distracting. Part of me reacted a bit at first to the inclusion of financial cost in regards to growth, though am not sure yet from where in my beliefs about abundance that stems. The idea that I can always freak out later has been helpful in a similar fashion. Currently, I ask myself many times a day "what is true now?", and knowing "I know nothing about that" as a way to mitigate biological response and eliminate thoughts of regret or fear and truly be in the moment and dare I say find bliss.....this is ala the words of the "Visionaries" and the "Eloheim" as channeled through Veronica Torres. There are sessions on youtube and a great deal of archived information in audio,video and transcript formats available at site [email protected] may work....

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Emptysky: View Post
    Good perspective. I have found that much of the baggage I've had actually belongs to others.