Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shepherd

"Chicken Wisdom" essay in new "Held in Love" book

PLEASE FORWARD

My essay "Chicken Wisdom" appears in the new book "Held in Love: Life Stories to Inspire Us Through Times of Change," edited by pyschotherapists Molly Brown and Carolyn Wilbur Treadway. Many of the chapters in this book, including mine, are influenced by the work of engaged Buddhist Joanna Macy. I have copies to sell here at Kokopelli Farm in Sebastopol and the book can be ordered through bookstores. My essay is playful, though serious, since I consider lovable chickens to be potentially big part of the solutions to the crises that are likely to grow in the near future on Earth.
    Shepherd, [email protected]

"Held in Love: Life Stories to Inspire Us Through Times of Change"

Psychosynthesis Press proudly announces the publication of this rich collection of stories and poems and artwork by 67 contributors, who share their experiences of connection with a loving Source within or beyond themselves, often in circumstances of distress and crisis, sometimes in a relationship or within a community, sometimes while in nature. The book is edited by Molly Young Brown and Carolyn Wilbur Treadway.

“Here in many voices, forms, and stories we encounter afresh the mystery at the core of our existence--the mystery we belong to and essentially are. This beautiful, humble, and amazing book sings my heart and mind awake.” ~ Joanna Macy, author of World as Lover, World as Self.

“We are all nourished by stories, particularly by those that inspire and empower us. This book offers a rich feast of just such stories, affirming over and over that we are indeed loved and we are never alone. Reading them was a delight, like hearing once again love letters from the soul in each of us. I recommend it.” ~ David Spangler, spiritual teacher, Lorian Association.

“This book is a gift from the heart--to the reader's heart. Personal stories, amplified by poetry and photography, awaken us to the power of love, and the experience of numinous powers beyond the individual ego. In an era of cataclysmic change, this book offers insight, wisdom, and hope for each of us, and for healing our planet. It is a resource rich in soul”. ~ Meg Wilbur, Jungian analyst, Vice President of the CG Jung Study Center of Southern California, teacher with internationally known Jungian analyst Marion Woodman.

“This is a most wonderful book and so needed at this time! The selections generate such a strong "field" of faith that we are indeed held in a loving Universe, no matter the circumstances, and that we can awaken to this fact and live it. I am very grateful to be part of this community of writers who testify with their experience and creativity to the omnipresence of love within, between, and around us and the process of awakening to it.” ~Thomas Yeomans, Ph.D., writer and artist.

“This is a book you will not want to put down, and a contribution to the betterment of humankind. If you are in despair over the lack of love you see around you and within you, here are stories filled with divine hope. If you are in despair over the immediate threats to Mother Earth and her myriad creatures and peoples, here are stories of possibility and inspiration. If you are in despair over the lack of community and human kindness in our world, here are stories of our interconnectedness and common joy. Come to this well of flowing water, drink your fill, and be held in Love.” ~ Rev. Emily Haight, Ph.D., Clinical Psychologist, Diplomate, American Association of Pastoral Counselors.

“We are each uniquely who we are by virtue of our relationships to everything else, including to the mysterious totality that holds everything. Not only are we not alone, we are in an intimate dance with all things, a dance that defines us and supports us. In this wonderful collection, Molly and Carolyn have gathered from a host of colleagues poignant stories and poems describing how people discover, often unexpectedly and astonishingly, their full belonging to Earth, Universe, Mystery, Community, or Self.” ~ Bill Plotkin, Ph.D., author of Soulcraft and Nature and the Human Soul.

Order the book through bookstores everywhere, through various on-line bookstores, or in quantity through Psychosynthesis Press. For more information about the book and where to buy it, check the web site: Psychosynthesis Press: Welcome.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    valgal

Re: "Chicken Wisdom" essay in new "Held in Love" book

I am confused about where you are in the world, Shepard Bliss. I have seen your writing in a Hawaii paper and you are also in Sebastopol? Are you double dipping?
    Valerie Aaland-Madrid
    Guerneville
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email